Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
SITREP

No sign of kids. There was some riff raff that pulled up in an ice cream truck who were obviously stoned out of their minds on some LSD. I just watched them.

The property is posted and the perpetrators have been given a verbal warning to stay off already.

I will try again during the work week (kids might be gone for the weekend).
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Call ossifer Ravioli. He will body slam the kid while shouting about respecting his authorita. God forbid the kid calls him "Dude". It will be on then! (Be sure to take video, Ravioli is used to that.)
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope that's a joke. I can only imagine the fun of explaining to the kids parents why you cuffed them and then justifying it to the judge.

Parents are likely meth abusing scum.

Citizens arrests are legal if a crime is commited in your presence. You CAN physicaly detain someone...regardless of age. Just make sure you can PROVE they were committing the crime....thats the kicker...

Trespass is civil. Not a crime. You CANNOT detain. Even LE cant detain purely for trespass. eta: Unless a warning has been previously issued.

It depends on state law. In Florida, trespass is a crime. It can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the circumstance.
Florida trespass info

relevant statutes

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
A guy I knew had a problem with kids years ago.  Breaking into his garage, stealing his tools, vandalizing the neighborhood etc.  They were all about 12 to 13 years old.  When caught the cops would go to parents house and that was pretty much it.  The kids knew they weren't going to get into trouble and would brag about it when caught.  One day he discovered the kids in his garage.  They all took off but he caught one and beat the crap out of the kid.  

Kid was threatening to call the cops on him and he told him to go ahead.  Told him.  I don't have a mark on me.  You have the cops at you house on a weekly basis.  I can't help it if you got into a fight with one of your trouble making friends.  Who do you think they are going to believe?  From now on, no more calling the cops.  I will handle the situation myself.  Thus ended the problems at his house.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am about to fo to a stakeout at one of my parents rental properties. We have little bastard kids (14-16 year old) trespassing and damaging property.

Can I legally detain one of them before calling the cops? I have one pair of cuffs and am trained in using them (military police). I don't plan on drawing a gun or anything stupid like that. I will use the use of force model.

"Trespass offenses. In Tennessee, a person commits criminal trespass “who, knowing the person does not have the owner’s effective consent to do so, enters or remains on property, or a portion thereof.” T.C.A. § 39-14-405. That person commits aggravated criminal trespass if he or she “intends, knows, or is reckless about whether such person’s presence will cause fear for the safety of another.” T.C.A. § 39-14-406. “Any person who drives, parks, stands, or otherwise operates a motor vehicle on, through or within a parking area, driving area or roadway located on privately owned property which is provided for use by patrons, customers or employees of business establishments upon such property, or adjoining property or for use otherwise in connection with activities conducted upon such property, or adjoining property, after such person has been requested or ordered to leave the property or to cease doing any of the foregoing actions” is guilty of the offense of trespass by motor vehicle. T.C.A. § 39-14-407.

Vandalism. One who “knowingly causes damage to or the destruction of any real or personal property of another or of the state, the United States, any county, city, or town knowing that the person does not have the owner’s effective consent” is guilty of vandalism. T.C.A. § 39-14-408.  Related offenses include “destruction or interference with utility lines, fixtures or appliances, or property utilized by railroads,” T.C.A. § 39-14-411, “mailbox tampering,” T.C.A. § 39-14-412, and “throwing, shooting, etc., object, missile, etc., at trains, buses, motorcycles, vessels, etc.” T.C.A. § 39-14-413. "

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Sneak up behind him and shout out "YOU'RE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY!!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Avatar is a pic of me drawing down on a scumbag up on my roof.  This lasted about 10 minutes till the cops arrived and arrested him.

Awesome, must hear the backstory on this, please.........
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 8:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I like this thread
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope that's a joke. I can only imagine the fun of explaining to the kids parents why you cuffed them and then justifying it to the judge.

Citizens arrests are legal if a crime is commited in your presence. You CAN physicaly detain someone...regardless of age. Just make sure you can PROVE they were committing the crime....thats the kicker...

Trespass is civil. Not a crime. You CANNOT detain. Even LE cant detain purely for trespass. eta: Unless a warning has been previously issued.

Maybe in Florida, here in Kansas it's called CRIMINAL TRESSPASSING for a reason
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe in Florida, here in Kansas it's called CRIMINAL TRESSPASSING for a reason

No, it's a crime in Florida too.

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#11]
If you hunt or have easy access to one I would set up a game camera where it can identify people and get car tags. Then call police, show evidence, and watch the festivities. Put up a no trespassing sign that can be clearly seen by the camera to add to the fun.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top