Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 10:59:29 AM EDT
When a disaster hits you see the marking on the house , big X and two or three numbers .  I know that means the house has been searched and body's found or not but what does the placement of each area around the X mean ?

In this photo , I guess the 9-16 is the date but how do you determine what the rest means !?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#1]
free bump
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Go here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_search_and_rescue

Read FEMA marking

I had just found it and came to post , thanks !

United States FEMA marking

In the United States, a different FEMA marking system is used on searched structures, as follows:

A single diagonal slash indicates that a search in the building is in progress. This is used to indicate searcher locations and to avoid duplication of the search effort.

An X inside a square means "Dangerous - Do Not Enter!"

An X with writing around it means "Search Completed", with the time (and the date if appropriate) written above the X, the team conducting the search written to the left side of the X, the results of the search (number of victims removed, number of dead, type of search such as primary or secondary) written below the X, and any additional information noted about the structure to the right of the X.

These x-codes are used in a variety of situations and were prolific (and adopted and modified by other agencies) during post-Katrina operations.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I took this pic of a house right next to the best donut shop in Alamogordo, NM, a few years ago. There were bullet holes in the internal walls.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I took this pic of a house right next to the best donut shop in Alamogordo, NM, a few years ago. There were bullet holes in the internal walls.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_3303.jpg

Interesting.
I wonder how/what even FEMA was involved in?

Nothing rings a bell for me.

ETA: ATF 1, raid?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
From a survival standpoint, this is really good to know.  In the event of a pandemic/Fema camp roundup, one could mark their own house and play Ann Frank for the duration, hoping and praying that the authorities would pass them over.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
From a survival standpoint, this is really good to know.  In the event of a pandemic/Fema camp roundup, one could mark their own house and play Ann Frank for the duration, hoping and praying that the authorities would pass them over.  

The looters can't read though.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_3303.jpg

Interesting.
I wonder how/what even FEMA was involved in?

Nothing rings a bell for me.

ETA: ATF 1, raid?

That would be my guess.  I took the picture in later 2004, and am guessing the date spray painted is  4/24/2002.   It was right next to Daylight donuts.  Could never find anything online about it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead men tell no tales..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead men tell no tales..

But they sure do stink up the joint.

Note to self:  add lime to SHTF supplies.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead men tell no tales..

Neighbor's house?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL, for those of us living in the sticks, the Government would be our greatest concern, not looters.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, for those of us living in the sticks, the Government would be our greatest concern, not looters.

If you live there, you found it, someone else will find it, too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you live there, you found it, someone else will find it, too.

They'll find my fields of fire too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:01:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, I would hope that people wouldn't do that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead men tell no tales..

Drag 'em down the street before they get ripe.  Toss them in a house that FEMA has already been through, and change their marking.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dead men tell no tales..

Drag 'em down the street before they get ripe.  Toss them in a house that FEMA has already been through, and change their marking.

it would be easy to change a zero to a 6, 8, 10, 20 etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top