Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
American by the grace of God !
Posted: 4/30/2011 2:59:29 PM
When a disaster hits you see the marking on the house , big X and two or three numbers . I know that means the house has been searched and body's found or not but what does the placement of each area around the X mean ?

In this photo , I guess the 9-16 is the date but how do you determine what the rest means !?

“Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty good questions”
thatguy
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:02:04 PM
free bump
338winmag
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:09:22 PM
If you don't have the guts to fight them in court you won't have the guts to fight them in combat.
KF5GNW
Friiguy
Misanthrope
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:11:05 PM
Good to know. Thanks
Two is one, one is none.
Fact. 2=1
Which then leads to 1=0
Therefore, 2=0
Now what?

You see a man on ARFCOM tell everyone he knits, you know he ain't afraid of anything. - 44Punk
KG5S
American by the grace of God !
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:14:42 PM
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 3:15:36 PM by KG5S]
Originally Posted By 338winmag:
Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_search_and_rescue

Read FEMA marking

I had just found it and came to post , thanks !

United States FEMA marking

In the United States, a different FEMA marking system is used on searched structures, as follows:

A single diagonal slash indicates that a search in the building is in progress. This is used to indicate searcher locations and to avoid duplication of the search effort.

An X inside a square means "Dangerous - Do Not Enter!"

An X with writing around it means "Search Completed", with the time (and the date if appropriate) written above the X, the team conducting the search written to the left side of the X, the results of the search (number of victims removed, number of dead, type of search such as primary or secondary) written below the X, and any additional information noted about the structure to the right of the X.

These x-codes are used in a variety of situations and were prolific (and adopted and modified by other agencies) during post-Katrina operations.

“Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty good questions”
ED_P
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 3:26:59 PM
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 3:34:35 PM by ED_P]
I took this pic of a house right next to the best donut shop in Alamogordo, NM, a few years ago. There were bullet holes in the internal walls.

Friiguy
Misanthrope
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:32:33 PM
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 4:33:00 PM by Friiguy]
Originally Posted By ED_P:
I took this pic of a house right next to the best donut shop in Alamogordo, NM, a few years ago. There were bullet holes in the internal walls.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_3303.jpg

Interesting.
I wonder how/what even FEMA was involved in?

Nothing rings a bell for me.

ETA: ATF 1, raid?
Two is one, one is none.
Fact. 2=1
Which then leads to 1=0
Therefore, 2=0
Now what?

You see a man on ARFCOM tell everyone he knits, you know he ain't afraid of anything. - 44Punk
BillofRights
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:41:58 PM
From a survival standpoint, this is really good to know. In the event of a pandemic/Fema camp roundup, one could mark their own house and play Ann Frank for the duration, hoping and praying that the authorities would pass them over.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
redfish86
It's Not A Zombie Bite
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:43:58 PM
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
From a survival standpoint, this is really good to know. In the event of a pandemic/Fema camp roundup, one could mark their own house and play Ann Frank for the duration, hoping and praying that the authorities would pass them over.

The looters can't read though.

Happiness is the greatest agent of purification
ED_P
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:47:52 PM
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 5:04:16 PM by ED_P]
Originally Posted By Friiguy:
Originally Posted By ED_P:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/ED_P/public/smIMG_3303.jpg

Interesting.
I wonder how/what even FEMA was involved in?

Nothing rings a bell for me.

ETA: ATF 1, raid?

That would be my guess. I took the picture in later 2004, and am guessing the date spray painted is 4/24/2002. It was right next to Daylight donuts. Could never find anything online about it.

VooDoo3dfx
Supreme Commander of the Forces of the Underworld
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:48:00 PM
[Last Edit: 4/30/2011 4:48:14 PM by VooDoo3dfx]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Dead men tell no tales..
ككافر
redfish86
It's Not A Zombie Bite
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:54:22 PM
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

Dead men tell no tales..

But they sure do stink up the joint.

Note to self: add lime to SHTF supplies.

Happiness is the greatest agent of purification
VooDoo3dfx
Supreme Commander of the Forces of the Underworld
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:58:39 PM

Dead men tell no tales..

Neighbor's house?

ككافر
BillofRights
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:59:13 PM

LoL, for those of us living in the sticks, the Government would be our greatest concern, not looters.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
ICEMAN19047
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:05:49 PM

LoL, for those of us living in the sticks, the Government would be our greatest concern, not looters.

If you live there, you found it, someone else will find it, too.
"tens of thousands of rounds of military full-metal-jacket-armor-piercing-cop-killer-child-killing-can-go-through-an-engine-block-hollow-point-dum-dum-kill-killing ammunition" -57 Strat
mean_sartin
From the land of the pointy flag
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:43:02 PM
Originally Posted By ICEMAN19047:

If you live there, you found it, someone else will find it, too.

They'll find my fields of fire too.
RIP - Cpt M. Medders

Anyone can do a man's work; acting like a man is the hard part.
tc556guy
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/2/2011 8:01:50 AM

No, I would hope that people wouldn't do that.
*post contains personal opinion only and should not be considered information released in an official capacity*
caexpat
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:05:53 AM

Dead men tell no tales..

Drag 'em down the street before they get ripe. Toss them in a house that FEMA has already been through, and change their marking.
cybrscream
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:12:44 AM
Originally Posted By caexpat:

Dead men tell no tales..

Drag 'em down the street before they get ripe. Toss them in a house that FEMA has already been through, and change their marking.

it would be easy to change a zero to a 6, 8, 10, 20 etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile