Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 5:44:26 PM EDT
After getting burned a little with Springfield Armory on an M1A, I've decided to go with the AR for NRA Highpower (service rifle).  The trouble is, I don't know which one.  Several folks are pointing towards the Bushmaster DCM, and others are pointing towars the Rock River Arms DCM.  Still, others point towards the Compass Lake, however, the CLE pointers advise that I should get the Bushy or RRA to start since I'm an NRA HP beginner.  The theory is that I'll be done with the barrel from one of those two before I can outshoot them, and then I can upgrade to a CLE installed Kreiger in the same upper.

So, what do I do?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
PCWA2S 20DCM8.....good luck....[heavy]
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Frontsight:

Just come out to the matches.  Almost all of the shooters will let you try their rifles.  Try before you buy, but all of your choices are great.

SRM
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I jsut spent about 1/2 hour speaking to John Holliger about having him build a rock River for me.  I'm pretty impressed with what I've heard from him and about him from others...

Comments about him on this board?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Frontsight:

Yep, John does a great job.  This year, my frontline rifle is a CLE/Krieger.  My backup is a Holliger/Pacnor.  Both can shoot better than I can.  A rifle MUST outshoot the operator.  It gives you confidence in your equipment and hammers the point that the mistakes are YOURS.

Again, come to the matches and clincs.  Boulder and Ault are the next ones.  Come on out, look me up and try them out.

HTH....SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top