Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]

This should be a demotivational with the caption

SENSE

This picture makes none.

Link Posted: 5/28/2011 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
How do any of the male soldiers get anything done surrounded by all those hotties? My dick would be AWOL from my pants 24/7.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the reason for the mags in the 90 degree mag block?

Uh, reload?

Remember, they did this with the Uzi too so it's nothing new to the Israelis.
That's not a mag in the actual magwell. Kind of a retarded idea if you ask me to have a mag ON the gun but not IN the gun.. Most of the times where you'd need to use it while out and about you'd need it RFN. If anything keep the mag in and the chamber empty. It's a hell of a lot quicker to run the charging handle back than it is to unfuck that mag block, turn it around, insert, charge and then shoot.

Remember, Israel's goal is to put weapons out there to prevent and stop incidents as quickly as possible.  To do that, there needs to be overwhelming presence of weapons everywhere, which means there's going to be tens of thousands of idiots running around with guns.  The sensible approach is to mandate that they be unloaded; even if the first person standing there gets shot before he or she can deploy the rifle, there's going to be someone else nearby able to use that time to lock and load.  Having all of them in condition 1 is a recipe for hundreds or thousands of negligent discharges each year.

Soooo... are you suggesting that it should be illegal to carry a loaded weapon? Just wondering, because it sounds like you think that there are "tens of thousands of idiots running around with guns" and "The sensible approach is to mandate that they be unloaded".

Just wondering.

Standard policy in Israel they carry their pistols with and empty chamber also. I am sure when on the lines they lock and load.

US military policy as well, depending on where you're at. Mags are only in at the range and in hot areas. In the more civilized areas, you carry it with you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2011 1:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a myth propagated by pro-gun groups in the USA that Israel is pro-gun. The reality is that Israel is just as hard to get your hands on handguns, and assault rifles.. as any european country. Perhaps even harder. I think I heard one Israeli girl tell me that it was impossible for a private citizen to get a privately owned AR15.

She even questioned the need for a private citizen having one!

Though, on the bright side, she didn't have an issue with handguns being legal.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
There is much to fap to in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I love these Girls if the IDF threads!
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]

I SUPPORT ISRAEL!

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
The Women's Affairs Advisor to the IDF Chief of Staff, Brigadier General Gila Kalifi-Amir, practices her marksmanship skills with the guidance of a Marksmanship Instructor during an event for IDF staff officers.

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Seriously... what is it with the IDF and those really lame mag couplers? Why don't they just use side by side mag couplers, rather than those right-angled things ?
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://americandigest.org/bikini-and-gun.jpg

It just doesn't get any hotter than that.

It's a good thing I'm old, and no longer find girls my son's age attractive, or I would be in my bunk.

Well, in truth,  it actually DOES get hotter than that, but not for guys like us!
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the reason for the mags in the 90 degree mag block?

Uh, reload?

Remember, they did this with the Uzi too so it's nothing new to the Israelis.
That's not a mag in the actual magwell. Kind of a retarded idea if you ask me to have a mag ON the gun but not IN the gun.. Most of the times where you'd need to use it while out and about you'd need it RFN. If anything keep the mag in and the chamber empty. It's a hell of a lot quicker to run the charging handle back than it is to unfuck that mag block, turn it around, insert, charge and then shoot.

Remember, Israel's goal is to put weapons out there to prevent and stop incidents as quickly as possible.  To do that, there needs to be overwhelming presence of weapons everywhere, which means there's going to be tens of thousands of idiots running around with guns.  The sensible approach is to mandate that they be unloaded; even if the first person standing there gets shot before he or she can deploy the rifle, there's going to be someone else nearby able to use that time to lock and load.  Having all of them in condition 1 is a recipe for hundreds or thousands of negligent discharges each year.

Soooo... are you suggesting that it should be illegal to carry a loaded weapon? Just wondering, because it sounds like you think that there are "tens of thousands of idiots running around with guns" and "The sensible approach is to mandate that they be unloaded".

Just wondering.

Standard policy in Israel they carry their pistols with and empty chamber also. I am sure when on the lines they lock and load.

US military policy as well, depending on where you're at. Mags are only in at the range and in hot areas. In the more civilized areas, you carry it with you.

Israel has very good, logical reasons for their "no loaded chamber" policy:

-think for a moment of their existence as it began in 1948:

A) a nation of immigrants speaking dozen of languages while trying to all revive an essentially "dead" language (Hebrew)

B) an army with dozens of types of weapons in service (German K98s, M1 carbines, pilfered/bought garands from the US, FN-49s, Stens, 1911s, Browning High powers, CZ75 variants, etc etc etc).    

As a policy maker, how would YOU handle gun safety in that situation?  The only thing that all those guns had in common was: they could safely be carried with an empty chamber be deployed fast enough to end a major encounter with terrorists without MAJOR loss of life.

Remember, in Israel, it is not about personal defense, but rather, national self defense.  If a terrorist kills one or two Israelis, there are dozens more armed Israelis within the area who WILL stop the attack quickly.

For Israel's national defense & minimization of ND injuries, the empty chamber policy makes perfect sense.  American CCW holders may have different priorities.

Don't judge Israel.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top