Bob Lazar is a twit.

go buy some gas
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 2:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 3:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
He's not even a particularly good bullshitter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 3:08:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't watch the video, but I'm assuming that he claims the vehicle will run off of hydrogen that is produced by electrolyzing water using current generated by the alternator of the car... basically ending up in a self sustaining, over-unity situation.

And that would be bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is his site on the project.

http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't watch the video..but I do think hydrogen is the wave of the future. All electric cars, at least now, have too many things going against them. Hydrogen seems to be the way to go.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Didn't watch the video..but I do think hydrogen is the wave of the future. All electric cars, at least now, have too many things going against them. Hydrogen seems to be the way to go.

You're going to get that hydrogen from where?  And store it how?  And distribute it how?  Using massive amounts of electricity to crack pure H2O into hydrogen, just to burn that hydrogen to produce energy is a lossy, useless thing to do.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Hydrogen is NOT safer than gasoline , the vessels are just way more secure.

It also takes a ton of electricity to pressurize, however I haven't seen the cost of making it recently.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Didn't watch the video, but I'm assuming that he claims the vehicle will run off of hydrogen that is produced by electrolyzing water using current generated by the alternator of the car... basically ending up in a self sustaining, over-unity situation.

No , in this case he's wanting to sell conversion kits for cars to run off hydrogen gas & home systems to generate the hydrogen.

It's a completely legit conversion,  but it's $10,000 which is out of the range of most people who just don't care.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:16:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're going to get that hydrogen from where?  And store it how?  And distribute it how?  Using massive amounts of electricity to crack pure H2O into hydrogen, just to burn that hydrogen to produce energy is a lossy, useless thing to do.  

Lazar is running his electrolysis machine off of solar, so I am guessing it does not consume much more than an air-conditioner, or this guy has a massive array.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

"Metal hydride tanks" my ass.  You can't make usable hydrogen using electrolysis from tap water, the minerals will kill your electrodes and contaminate the gas pretty quickly.  Where is he getting ultra pure water from?  A typical solar setup would take about six months to generate enough hydrogen to drive you to the store and back.  This guy is completely full of shit, like all the other hydrogen scammers.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Metal hydride tanks" my ass.  You can't make usable hydrogen using electrolysis from tap water, the minerals will kill your electrodes and contaminate the gas pretty quickly.  Where is he getting ultra pure water from?  A typical solar setup would take about six months to generate enough hydrogen to drive you to the store and back.  This guy is completely full of shit, like all the other hydrogen scammers.

Tap water kills platinum electrodes?

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:23:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Bob Lazar. I've heard that name somewhere before. Is this the same guy who claimed to be an MIT grad employed by Area 51 working on back engineering alien spacecraft?
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bob Lazar is a twit.

Anyone that will sell me nitric acid is OK in my book

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_17_69&products_id=171

Of course If I really needed it, I could make it using stuff from my garden and a few old batteries..........
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tap water kills platinum electrodes?

Tap water is fine.
Pure water will not conduct electricity............
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:25:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

in the video he points out that the electrodes are platinum

he says he gets 400 miles on 8 hours of hydrogen pressured into his vehicles tanks

he demonstrates electrolysis then burns some hydrogen directly from the tube.

seems to me it is just a matter of scale.........?

the link is in the original post

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Bob Lazar. I've heard that name somewhere before. Is this the same guy who claimed to be an MIT grad employed by Area 51 working on back engineering alien spacecraft?

That's the guy, very trustworthy fellow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:31:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same guy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

he says he gets 400 miles on 8 hours of hydrogen pressured into his vehicles tanks

A better treatment of this topic is Michael Strizki's Solar-Hydrogen Home.  

Summary:  He uses solar power to run his house.  Any excess electricity is used to split water and he stores the excess hydrogen in propane tanks.  When the solar power drops to where he doesn't have enough electricity, he uses the stored hydrogen through a hydrogen fuel cell to convert hydrogen into water + electricity.  IIRC, there is another longer video.  He had much of the equipment donated to him by companies.  

As far as the Bob Lazar video, I'd be interested in why he thinks Lithium Deuteride needs to be used in his car???  Lithium Hydride would suffice, but I'm puzzled about the heating of Lithium Hydride producing hydrogen.  Lithium Hydride (or Deuteride) doesn't begin to give off hydrogen until it is heated to > 700C (1292F).  Is he really expecting us to believe that he is heating those cylinders to that temperature?  

Also, 1/6000 'hydrogen' atoms in water is Deuterium.  It is not radioactive.  It is isolated from water using fractional distillation.  IIRC, Canada is the largest producer and it's about $1 per milliliter.  To produce Lithium Deuteride, you heat lithium metal in a stream of Deuterium gas.  No 'accelerators' involved.

I was thinking of going Solar-Hydrogen in my dream concrete form house that I want to build so I read a few books on the topic.  I also have a degree in chemistry and while I don't know a lot, I know enough that I can smell bullshit a mile away.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:06:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Not too sure about Bob's accelerator.   Looks an awful lot like a Van de Graaff generator.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Summary:  He uses solar power to run his house.  Any excess electricity is used to split water and he stores the excess hydrogen in propane tanks.  When the solar power drops to where he doesn't have enough electricity, he uses the stored hydrogen through a hydrogen fuel cell to convert hydrogen into water + electricity.  IIRC, there is another longer video.  He had much of the equipment donated to him by companies.  

As far as the Bob Lazar video, I'd be interested in why he thinks Lithium Deuteride needs to be used in his car???  Lithium Hydride would suffice, but I'm puzzled about the heating of Lithium Hydride producing hydrogen.  Lithium Hydride (or Deuteride) doesn't begin to give off hydrogen until it is heated to > 700C (1292F).  Is he really expecting us to believe that he is heating those cylinders to that temperature?  

Also, 1/6000 'hydrogen' atoms in water is Deuterium.  It is not radioactive.  It is isolated from water using fractional distillation.  IIRC, Canada is the largest producer and it's about $1 per milliliter.  To produce Lithium Deuteride, you heat lithium metal in a stream of Deuterium gas.  No 'accelerators' involved.

I was thinking of going Solar-Hydrogen in my dream concrete form house that I want to build so I read a few books on the topic.  I also have a degree in chemistry and while I don't know a lot, I know enough that I can smell bullshit a mile away.

I don't understand why he was wanting to use a hydrate either, even more so considering that either liquid or compressed hydrogen works just fine (although is less safe).

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:10:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why isn't he building flying cars??

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i want all you smart science guys to give some input

Lazar lies about his academic credentials. That's pretty much all you need to know.

On top of his falsified credentials, he crafts wild b.s. tales about reverse engineering alien spacecraft from zeta reticulon or some crap like that. I see the market is down with space alien bullshit, so he's now branching out in to "free" energy. LOL.

At least he hasn't gone bigfoot or ghost hunter.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i want all you smart science guys to give some input

Lazar lies about his academic credentials. That's pretty much all you need to know.

On top of his falsified credentials, he crafts wild b.s. tales about reverse engineering alien spacecraft from zeta reticulon or some crap like that. I see the market is down with space alien bullshit, so he's now branching out in to "free" energy. LOL.

At least he hasn't gone bigfoot or ghost hunter.

The guy has owned unitednuclear.com for quite some time.  That video looks pretty old.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Bob Lazar.

If ANYONE could actually make a car run on water, it would be him.

Totally serious. This guy is NOT stupid.

BTW...That Corvette was not running on water. He had some sort of hydride in the tanks...not straight water.

LOL...Lithium 6- Deuteride....homemade variety.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bob Lazar.

BTW...That Corvette was not running on water. He had some sort of hydride in the tanks...not straight water.

He does build some neat toys.

jet turbine bike
Hot dog death ray.
Glass death ray

Waking fish up with Sodium.

His store give me a stiffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckI_ZbJhJU8
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#29]
How come no one ever promotes natural gas vehicles. Its already being done with some commercial fleets? I think, unlike propane, it is lighter that air and would drift away if there was a leak. You still have to get fueling stations more common. I think I saw at one time a company sold a small home compressor for a couple of grand. And we have our own domestic supply of natural gas. Isn't it mostly methane anyway? Biogas generators? The thought entered my mind thinking about the difficulties of hydrogen storage.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Bob Lazar.

LOL...Lithium 6- Deuteride....homemade variety.

the flashing red light on his "accelerator" took his seriousness up quite a few notches...

he was formal, but there to party.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bob Lazar.

AND as  you know , my new friend Bob has "Death Ray Parts" for sale ; deftly described as
"Thrilling, Exciting, Unusual"

along with the rocket kit and the black powder mill , this man has demonstrated intrepid resourcefulness and is truly "giving back"  to the community.

I say he ought to be named an honorary AR15.com member - in good standing!
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bob Lazar.

He does build some neat toys.

jet turbine bike
Hot dog death ray.
Glass death ray

Waking fish up with Sodium.

His store give me a stiffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckI_ZbJhJU8

GIVE THIS MAN RESPECT!

–– All this time I  was  spending good money on XM193 -  when i coulda had a death ray!

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Science doesn't matter when you have govt subsidy's on your side.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Was wondering what this guy has been doing for the past 15 years.

With battery tech advancing by leaps and bounds, hydrogen solutions are nothing more than a waste of time & money.

In 15 years, the additional battery cost to a vehicle's powertrain will be negligible. Most small and medium sized cars will be BEVs or EREVs...

Noticed the fuel cell rage has disappeard over the last year (like E-85) ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bob Lazar is a twit.

go buy some gas

Why did you edit your original post? Probably because it wasn't funny either.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#36]
So many things make sense now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Somewhere it says it takes 3-4 days of solar to produce enough H for 450 miles of fuel.  

If the wind or solar power were converted to electric and stored in batteries, which would be more efficient?  I can't find a price or specs anywhere for the solar powered hydrogen generator.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Was wondering what this guy has been doing for the past 15 years.

With battery tech advancing by leaps and bounds, hydrogen solutions are nothing more than a waste of time & money.

In 15 years, the additional battery cost to a vehicle's powertrain will be negligible. Most small and medium sized cars will be BEVs or EREVs...

Noticed the fuel cell rage has disappeard over the last year (like E-85) ?

Batteries are great, electric cars are great.

China controlling 95% of the market share on the materials and production of them, not so much.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So many things make sense now.

Dont thank me , it's my job

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Small efficient electric cars powered by Nuclear plants would be even more efficient.  

Trading out all the cars on the road built between 1975 and 1995 for modern small turbo diesel powered cars would be more efficient.

Swaying public opinion to use public transportation more often would be more efficient.
Hydrogen sucks, and is a non-starter.   There's so many other underlying issues to resolve that would be faster, cheaper, and have more of an impact.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand why he was wanting to use a hydrate either, even more so considering that either liquid or compressed hydrogen works just fine (although is less safe).

Oh, ok, so he was using clathrate hydrates to store hydrogen gas in those cylinders.  Those don't use any 'accelerators' to produce so it's starting to sound like even more bullshit on his part.  I don't know enough about hydrogen clathrate hydrates to know at what temperature and pressure they start to release hydrogen gas.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

How come no one ever promotes natural gas vehicles. Its already being done with some commercial fleets? I think, unlike propane, it is lighter that air and would drift away if there was a leak. You still have to get fueling stations more common. I think I saw at one time a company sold a small home compressor for a couple of grand. And we have our own domestic supply of natural gas. Isn't it mostly methane anyway? Biogas generators? The thought entered my mind thinking about the difficulties of hydrogen storage.

An acquaintance of mine is a specialist in alternative fuel vehicles and works for a local utilities company. Some time ago, they switched many of their vehicles to natural gas for the major tax break. They've gotten rid of nearly all of them due to the forty-something mile range...

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Hydrogen is a poor fuel for reciprocating engines because it has very poor anti-knock index.  It has a large flammable limit and can only be used at the lowest percentage of flammable limit, meaning engines have very low power output.  If you could compress it to 25,000 PSI, it might work for diesels but good luck there.

For turbine engines, it would work well because of the wide flammability limit and high heat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Fraud Is A Felony.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Fraud Is A Felony.

Transvestites are felons?

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Im not sure... he did say it would only give you 400 miles of range. I think he means you have to electrolyze the water, when you get to a parking space with an electrical socket and some water.. Some onboard system, extracts the Hydrogen from the water... and stores it in the tank... and blam.

It wouldn't be self-sustaining at all. Essentially it would be an electric car, except the electrical power is "converted" into a chemical stored power (for lack of a better way of describing it)

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fraud Is A Felony.

Transvestites are felons?

Phallacious even.

Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#48]
thanks for all the science people chiming in ,
I have just placed my order for some N45 magnets from UnitedNuclear.com .

when you see my UFO just remember it is only swamp gas.........
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Bob Lazar is a twit.

Yes. Very much.

He owns a missile silo near where I grew up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2011 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Bob Lazar is a twit.

Yes. Very much.  

He owns a missile silo near where I grew up.

who wouldnt want a missile silo?

WTF is it with the hate ???

missile silos / death rays ––these are the things WE LIKE
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top