Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 9:24:59 AM EDT
Was it causing birth defects in eastern Mongolian yaks?

WTF!?  It was a product that actually worked.  I've got a nasty headache and I wish I would have stockpiled some.  Oh well.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
"Due to recent manufacturing issues, TYLENOL® Sinus & Allergy products are not available at this time.

We hope you will accept our sincere apology for the
inconvenience and concern this may cause you. For information regarding
when products are available, let us know if you would like to receive future emails."

"Manufacturing Issues"

Maybe a line worker got caught jizzing in bottles or something...

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the ingredient list is readily available online. And I doubt it's nothing more than a coctail of OTC medications.

Duplicate the ingredients & amounts, & enjoy.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com//page.jhtml?id=/include/news_jan_2011.inc

It was recalled.

The company is initiating the recall as a precautionary measure after an extensive review of past production records found instances where equipment cleaning procedures were insufficient or that cleaning was not adequately documented. It is very unlikely that this impacted the quality of these products.

so basically it was a giant CYA before they got in trouble, or before someone got hurt
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
McNeil really has shit the bed the last year or so with QA issues.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

WTF!? It was a product that actually worked. I've got a nasty headache and I wish I would have stockpiled some. Oh well. Carry on.

Agree 100 percent.

I get bad sinus headaches, and it was the only thing that worked for me.

I now use regular Tylenol (or generic equivalent) and real pseudoephedrine (original Sudafed or generic, with all the added paperwork/checks ).

Worth the hassle because it works.

HKO

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF!? It was a product that actually worked. I've got a nasty headache and I wish I would have stockpiled some. Oh well. Carry on.

Agree 100 percent.

I get bad sinus headaches, and it was the only thing that worked for me.

I now use regular Tylenol (or generic equivalent) and real pseudoephedrine (original Sudafed or generic, with all the added paperwork/checks ).

Worth the hassle because it works.

HKO

I prefer Excedrin Migraine (250 mg aspirin + 65mg caffeine + 250mg acetaminophen) for this. But since you should only take a limited amount of tylenol * (acetaminophen) in a 24 hr period (if you like your liver) , I also use Bayer Back and Body (500mg aspirin + 32.5mg caffeine).

THIS. Target or Wally world both carry it, for cheap.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol_toxicity
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sudafed-sinus-%26-pain-12-hour-caplets/ID=prod6000596-product

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Is that a meth lab ingrediant?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes

http://tnjn.com/2007/jun/20/sudafed-restrictions-lead-to-d/

...This is the scene of a meth lab, and in the last two years Tennessee police have seized more than 1,600 labs. Methamphetamine, also known as "crystal meth," "speed," "crank" and "ice," is a recreational drug that has been rapidly gaining popularity in the United States for about 15 years.  

Meth can be made in as little as 6 to 8 hours, and labs capable of producing an ounce of meth, enough to get 100 people high, can be carried in a suitcase. Recipes for meth can be found through a simple Google search.

Ingredients include pseudoephedrine, which is found in Sudafed and other nasal decongestants; red phosphorous, easily scraped off the strikers of matches; anhydrous ammonia, a common fertilizer found on farms; lithium from batteries; drain cleaner; anti-freeze and lye.  All are easily accessible and can be purchased for less than $200.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

http://tnjn.com/2007/jun/20/sudafed-restrictions-lead-to-d/

...This is the scene of a meth lab, and in the last two years Tennessee police have seized more than 1,600 labs. Methamphetamine, also known as "crystal meth," "speed," "crank" and "ice," is a recreational drug that has been rapidly gaining popularity in the United States for about 15 years.  
Meth can be made in as little as 6 to 8 hours, and labs capable of producing an ounce of meth, enough to get 100 people high, can be carried in a suitcase. Recipes for meth can be found through a simple Google search.

Ingredients include pseudoephedrine, which is found in Sudafed and other nasal decongestants; red phosphorous, easily scraped off the strikers of matches; anhydrous ammonia, a common fertilizer found on farms; lithium from batteries; drain cleaner; anti-freeze and lye.  All are easily accessible and can be purchased for less than $200.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I have severe sinus issues. I was told about Afrin by a friend last year, it is the best product for congestion I have ever used. Just don't over use.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This is why we can't have nice things.

I always giggle a bit when I hear about another coke-bottle meth concoction spontaneously combusting in a tweakers face (usually from opening the bottle too fast and flooding it with oxygen)... does that make me a bad person?

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The plant where a lot of Tylenol products were made was apparently a shithole, at least as far as pharma plants go.  They ignored a number of FDA inspection reports and negative findings, and the FDA finally shut the plant down.  They have reopened under a consent decree, which means the FDA is going to be sitting in their laps until they get their shit together.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top