Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2001 2:50:54 AM EDT
Man, this is cool,

There was a baseball game yesterday
where Randy Johnson (one of the hardest throwing pitchers in baseball)
strikes a dove that flys by.  He does his normal pitch and a dove flys in
the way and gets killed.  All you see is a big explosion of feathers.
It's awesome.

As for a link, here's one in Realplayer,

Warning, EXPLODING DOVE!
[url]http://play.rbn.com/?url=espn/espn/g2demand/2001/q1/mlb_010326unit1v_g2_300_video.rm&plugin=1[/url]

If I had an arm like that I'd be content with trying to peg squirrels with baseballs or rocks rather than shoot them with my 223Rem, granted the distances would be a little closer but being able to say something like "Me squash squirrel with rock, me barbarian" would just be sooooooo COOL!
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 2:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
^BUMP^

Gotta get this up to the top where it will get some exposure.

Link Posted: 3/27/2001 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow.

That bird plucked and I wouldn't be surprised if cooked a bit. [:)]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
with the new rules that counts as tampering with the ball.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw this on Fox News Channel.  Damn that bird looked like it just exploded.  Randy did'nt think it was funny but the guy up above must have.  As for me, it was'nt funny per say but it sure looked pretty dang cool on the tube. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
The Big Unit---Courtesy of the Seattle Mariners!
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 4:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
A similar incident happened a few years ago in Toronto at skydome.   But in that case the bird in question was a seagull.  However here in Canada it is illegal to kill seagulls and true to form the player was charged under the wildlife act and had to pay a fine.....ONLY IN CANADA!!!  Makes me want to weep :(
[puke]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 4:37:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top