User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wife and I were debating this today:

-Two lane highway
-Bus moving normally (but slowly....below speed limit), transporting kids, no stops.
-Bus has that flashing light on the top rear flashing, but, again, isn't stopping. Just transporting kids.
-Broken center stripe (i.e. passing zone)

Well?

in new york it is illegal if the bus is stopped. even on a divided highway.  both directions have to stop. but if the bus is rolling it is ok to pass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife and I were debating this today:
-Two lane highway
-Bus moving normally (but slowly....below speed limit), transporting kids, no stops.
-Bus has that flashing light on the top rear flashing, but, again, isn't stopping. Just transporting kids.
-Broken center stripe (i.e. passing zone)
Well?

Flashing yellow or red?

Probably white.  I've noticed that a lot of new school buses have a white strobe on top, very annoying to other drivers when it is pitch black out.  It's on all the time, stopped or moving.

Maybe a new thing some places, but we had flashing white strobes on our buses in Indiana since at least the 70's.  Due to the height of the corn.

Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pass that mother fucking cheese wagon.

That one got me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
In PA, IF THE BUS IS STOPPED, it's illegal unless on a highway (I believe it goes so far as to say 4+lane) divided by a concrete barrier.

If driving normally, it's a normal car and normal laws apply.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top