Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2001 8:46:40 PM EDT
Like the political hack said, "they just say things to get elected". Disgraceful.

Read the whole article here:
[URL]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/starticles/2001/mar/arst03-032701.htm[/URL]

Governor Reneges On Promise to Sportsmen
                                    By Sierra Times - Published 03.27.01

No Relief in Sight for SSN Mandate to Hunt and Fish

MISSOULA - "Only three months after her inauguration, Gov. Judy Martz already has violated a central campaign
    pledge to sportsman", says Gary Marbut, president of the Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA), revealing
    the Governor's failure to honor a promise made to sportsmen to support dumping Social Security Numbers for
    hunting and fishing license applications.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh wait it must be ok, because a republican is doing it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Name me ONE big-time Republican anti-gun politico.  I challenge you.
View Quote

I can names a couple of recent real easy ones, Ronny Reagan and George Bush, we may see another Geroge Bush added to that list soon if he steps out of line (he will)
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Calling these two anti-gun is really stupid.

Norm
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
hey beekeeper, you obviously weren't paying attention to NY politics last year. Our "beloved" REPUBLICAN Guv, Elmer Pataki, is an out of the closet flamer on gun control. As are many "moderate" Republicans. Gee, beekeeper, maybe YOU can pull your head out of your hive and tell us which current gun control laws some wonderfull Republicans DIDN'T cave in on and support with the Dems.

.....Well?
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Bush will he will sign anti-gun policies, bet on it, he's trying to make everybody happy, and we all know that cannot be so that's why he's
going to be a moderate replublican. these politions a liars and always going to be. that's
why its allways going to be a dangerous situation for any sportsman period.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Check this out

[url]www.frontpagemag.com/editors_note/en01-08-01.htm[/url]

The elitists, Republican or Democrat, are all out to screw us.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to mention, where did he say he was supporting democrumbs?  :D

There are many anti-gun Republicans as people have already stated, anyone that's ever voted for a gun control bill is an anti IMO.  The governor of our lovely state of MA is a serious anti.

Theres only two parties that are guaranteed pro-gun: Libertarian and Constitutionalist
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#12]
[B]MSSA president Gary Marbut commented, "Governor Martz has clearly dumped her promise to sportsmen that she made in her MSSA candidate questionnaire. I have had over twenty meetings and phone calls with senior administration staff about this, but the Governor still refuses to abide by her written promise to Montana sportsmen. As far as we are concerned, Martz has joined the ranks of the Max Baucus-type politicians of the world who will say anything to get elected, but once elected, do what they please." [/B]

You want only ONE? How about 3: JOHN MCCAIN, GEORGE PATAKI and GEORGE DEUKMEJIAN?

The difference between the parties is that the anti-gun democrats DON'T LIE when it comes to gun control. I have yet to see some anti-gunner turn around and say "oh I am against gun control now". All I see are GOP members pulling this 180 degree reversal crap.

Link Posted: 3/26/2001 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Again, Mr Beekeeper! Can you name ONE gun control bill which was passed without Republican assistance?  I think your request for major liberal gun hating republicans was easily answered. Now it is your turn.

Uh huh. I didn't think so.

The Republicans need a wakeup call. Pataki is probably going to run for a third term here in NY. The stupid phuck (oops, there I go being a "potty mouth!")alienated a fairly large part of his core supporters. Many will not support him again, even if it means a Democrat will reside in Albany. I hope he goes down in flames. And that he knows why.

But not supporting him will mean a Dem may win, you whine! Tough. I will not support the back stabbing son-uva-bitch. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is still evil.

Yup. Things just aren't that simple. Just want to "open up your thinking!" You are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2001 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
well,
I have to give the repubs a thumbs down on this one.
The only reason they are currently in power is because of gun owners. If the repubs can't run herd on thier own they are going to be in sorry shit the next time around.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:24:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Uh ok, we don't have to hug or anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:27:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Overall the Republicans are more gun friendly, but don't trust them.  They are politicians, they cut deals in back rooms too, you know.

[b]"I do not think anybody should carry a gun".[/b]  [i]Elizabeth Dole[/i]

[b]"Guns are an abomination...If I could have I would have banned every one, except hunting rifles and shotguns, and I would have registered those."[/b]
[i]Richard M. Nixon[/i] in an interview with William Safire, sometime in the 80s or 90s.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok name which which bills were sponsored and/or co-sponsored by republicans then signed into law by republicans.  I bet you can't find any.  Don't make me did up congressional voting records to prove to you that 95% of Demorats vote to ban guns and 95% of republicans support gun rights.  True there are anomolies in both parties.  It is our job to get rid of them.  I for one will never vote for Bob Taft for anything including county dog catcher.  He is our republican Governor of OH who lied about signing CCW and has reniged.  He is an asshole of the highest magnitude.  But I'd rather have him than a prick like Dick Celest who is much like Shcumer.  Look where all these BIG TIME ahrd core anti's you find are republicans come from NY, CA, and other bastions of liberalism.

Democrats suck ass.  I don't agree with them on one single issue, not one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#21]
An EO is not a bill nor is it sponsored by anyone.  We have already established that GHW Bush is a scumbag for doing it.  Now give me a bill.  Also you can not name me one anti gun bill GW Bush has signed or supported as Gov. of TX.

This original post has not one thing to do with guns by the way.  Nor does it have anything to do with an anti-gun republican.  The article was about a lieing republican and had to do with SS# on a hunting or fishing license.  What does that have to do with gun control?
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Isn't the SSN put on hunting licenses to track down non-residents buying (much) cheaper resident licenses?  Also, one is never required to give their SSN for non Social Security business, by law.  Just curious, as I am not familiar with this case in Montana.
View Quote

I don't have a clue what it is for but a SS# on a fishing license most certainly has nothing to do with gun control.  I don't know about the case in MT but in OH we also have to put SS# on hunting and fishing license.  And I agree that I don't know how they get away with it because you are right you do not have to give SS# for non SS purpose.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:08:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Hell Yeah I NEED an AR!
Maybe a dozen!
All buried nicely about the farm here!
I think my next "precious metal" investment will be aluminum (uppers and lowers) that is!
TF
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys don't argue all of them suck!!!! Don't waste your energy on this. You are just going to get pissed off. I have not seen a politician that realy cares about the American people. They all care about themselves. That is it!! They get tons of money in and out of office. While you and I will work like a dog. Do they care about the American family,Constitution no way. They want more and more for themselves. That is why we are in trouble as a country and as a people. Most Americans are just worried about themselves. Remember no one cares about tomorrow. That is why the grandfather law cought on so much. "We will not get your guns but your childrens and grand childrens, thats another story". And what do people say? OK, as long as I can keep mine!! Just imagin if the founding fathers said this. Freedom would have just lasted the remainder of 1 generation.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#27]

The Republicans need a wakeup call. Pataki is probably going to run for a third term here in NY. The stupid phuck (oops, there I go being a "potty mouth!")alienated a fairly large part of his core supporters. Many will not support him again, even if it means a Democrat will reside in Albany. I hope he goes down in flames. And that he knows why.

View Quote

the only way we are going to get a truly pro-freedom polatition is if we nuke washington and kill em all. maby the best thing for this country is to break apart, and bnecome a bunch of smaller countries. that way the antis will go to whatever hell they want to goto and we can get as far away from them as we want.

self suficiency within the state, that sorta thing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
The SUR import ban, done by executive order by Bush.

The elimination of the manufacture  of machine guns for private citizens, signed by Reagan, and I am sure sponsored or co-sponsored by many Republicans as it was put forth as a bill that was "good" for us. Even called the "Firearm Owners Protection Act" ROTFLMAO.
View Quote

you know there was a time when dems were pro and reps were antis, in gerneral that is. they just switched places.  (more proof that no polatition can be trusted...)
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
maby the best thing for this country is to break apart, and bnecome a bunch of smaller countries. that way the antis will go to whatever hell they want to goto and we can get as far away from them as we want.

self suficiency within the state, that sorta thing.
View Quote

Yes, that will be good.  

Then one day we get [b]payback[/b]!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2001 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
The elimination of the manufacture  of machine guns for private citizens, signed by Reagan, and I am sure sponsored or co-sponsored by many Republicans as it was put forth as a bill that was "good" for us. Even called the "Firearm Owners Protection Act" ROTFLMAO.
View Quote

Really? You got anything other than hot air to back that up? Now I'm certainly not saying that Republicans are all that great, but you can't really hang that one on them. If I recll correctly, the portion of FOPA that banned civilian ownership of automatic weapons manufactured after may of 1986 was a last minute rider attached by a sneaky Democrat. Probably Laughtenberg (sp?). Otherwise, it was a good bill. It allowed the importation of US military equipment given or sold to other countries and allowed ammuntion to be purchased through the mail with certain minimum requirements. If your handle "Garand Shooter" indicates that you like M1 Garands, you should be grateful that this bill allowed M1 Garands and Carbines to literally flood our shores. Unfortunately, the great deals on these inexpensive but great shooting guns have mostly dried up.

I don't like the ban this bill was saddled with and would probably prefer that in it's final form it had been vetoed by Reagan. But that doesn't mean I consider Reagan to have been anti-gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Again I say buy everything you can.

Practice and become familiar with your SHTF tools and supplies.

Prepare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top