Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]

+1 I like Hickok's videos a lot more.  That man is pretty good with a gun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoyed watching his videos and seeing his reviews until I watched his body armor review.

He is of the opinion that only LEO/MIL should have access to it so I have a really hard time watching his stuff now.

Do you have a link to that video? There are a million on his damn account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr921mgyEe0

I didnt watch the whole thing but it seemed like he was just pointing out that he was mainly talking to leo/military as most people dont care for them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He knows what it takes to make money on youtube. Meh.

he gets paid for that?

Yes

by youtube?

Every view. This thread will probably give him more than minimum wage today. He is a "Youtube Partner"

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I think he does a great job and makes good videos. I appreciate the time he spends on them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Basically if you have videos that get a lot of views they will send you an offere and thing to sign. I think they place adds in your video then and thats how you get paid.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That giant wall of text- that's actually the average amount of words in each video review.

Someone post the comic of the Glocknade and him. I laugh everytime.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nutnfancy-chris-crocker.jpg

http://www.operatorchan.org/r/src/r10508_k152982_t91204_nutnfancy.jpg

Nevermind, I'll do it
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nutnfancy-comic-cartoon.png

funny shit

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
his review are ok at best.You gotta love a 30 min bench review on a pistol he's never shot before.

Most of his reviews could be summed up in about 5min, and would be more interesting then because I wouldn't have to watch him pull out his list 7 times to go over one aspect of it.

short sweet and too the point.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I watch him. I like how he's very systematic in his reviews. He also has some good philosophy videos. His videos are a little too lengthy at times. His 180 minute video on a bug-out bag was way too long.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch his Beretta ARX160 SHOT Show coverage. The title says Beretta is going to embarrass the ACR. Besides the title making no sense, the only thing embarrassed was himself and the Beretta rep trying to talk about the damn gun while he blabs his douche bag mouth about stupid shit the whole time. The fact that he will review a product he's never even used is hilarious.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
He is a douche bag at times and he talks a lot but if you can look past that he is very thorough.

He has just under 60 million total view on youtube and 117,000 plus subscribers.  

He is very driven about gear, guns and knives that work well.  

He works hard to make that happen and it comes through in his videos.  

He does have ADD, will go off topic constantly and will point the camera in the completely different direction that the person talking when he gets interested in something else.  

I like hickok45 but he is just a different type of reviewer compared to nutnfancy.

I think nutn stands alone in the knife, gun and gear world for the thorough work and shear volume of videos he does.  He has almost 800 videos up.  

Either you love him or hate him....
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Decent reviews, but it sucks that he takes 10-15 minutes to do what he should be able to do in 2.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got nothing against what he's trying to do or him personally but he has a way of coming off as a kind of a doucher in his videos.

This^
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I like him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#14]
That comic was hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
me I like the guy I think he has some good information, but when you bring his name up in this room it's like bringing up Sarah Palin to a bunch of liberals, people's head explodes talking about him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
me I like the guy I think he has some good information, but when you bring his name up in this room it's like bringing up Sarah Palin to a bunch of liberals, people's head explodes talking about him.

Or bringing up Sarah Palin on this site, for that matter.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I honestly don't understand how ANYONE could think that his videos are good or that he is not a retard.

The fact that some have said, "He is knowledgable" here in this thread makes me want to pull out my hair, pluck out my eyes, jam pencils in my ears, and move to jupiter.  Far, far away from the intertubes.  

Fuck –– that guy is so retarded. I thought everyone could see it. I honestly cannot understand how he has "fans.". My faith in humanity is shattered.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I honestly don't understand how ANYONE could think that his videos are good or that he is not a retard.

The fact that some have said, "He is knowledgable" here in this thread makes me want to pull out my hair, pluck out my eyes, jam pencils in my ears, and move to jupiter.  Far, far away from the intertubes.  

Fuck –– that guy is so retarded. I thought everyone could see it. I honestly cannot understand how he has "fans.". My faith in humanity is shattered.  

Pretty much this too.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Even though he can be a total tool with his whole, "sheepdog" thing and other tactical nonsense, I still think he gives some of the best firearm reviews out there. They're very in depth, and are consistent making it easy to compare different guns.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The fact that some have said, "He is knowledgable" here in this thread makes me want to pull out my hair, pluck out my eyes, jam pencils in my ears, and move to jupiter. Far, far away from the intertubes.

How many other resources are out there besides well done independent internet reviews? Ad-revenue fueled print mags - yeah totally up with the times and unbiased there .

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This man is the greatest thing to happen to the firearms industry and the gun world since smokeless powder.

How?

He gets people stoked and excited to own tactical guns and equipment allowing even your average Joe-Bob to morph into a Seal-Ranger spec-ops operator, thus stimulating the gun insdustry and inviting innovations that revolutionize combat, like the Magpul B.A.D. lever and the angled fore-grip.

.... those didnt revolutionize combat. When the taliban says "hey we should stop blowing shit up, they have magpul stuff" then you can make that claim.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#22]
He stole some persons AK pictures from this sight. Then came on here all high and mighty about him not having any time to debate on anything. Ill see if i can find the thread later.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Watch his Beretta ARX160 SHOT Show coverage. The title says Beretta is going to embarrass the ACR. Besides the title making no sense, the only thing embarrassed was himself and the Beretta rep trying to talk about the damn gun while he blabs his douche bag mouth about stupid shit the whole time. The fact that he will review a product he's never even used is hilarious.

The fact that he and Dr airsoft got into SHOT is the reason I am going there next year.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#24]
His body armor video is so retarded, i cannot believe it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Agreed

I just watched his videos for the first time and the guy's a pretty good shot.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I enjoyed watching his videos and seeing his reviews until I watched his body armor review.

He is of the opinion that only LEO/MIL should have access to it so I have a really hard time watching his stuff now.

I didnt watch the whole thing but it seemed like he was just pointing out that he was mainly talking to leo/military as most people dont care for them.

4:20 he pretty much said it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Take me with you, please.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:02:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
NutNFancy is a fucking idiot...dude.

this. there is a video of him and a bunch of his nerd buddies taking some sort of carbine course from an instructor claiming to be from thunder ranch. said video is overflowing with examples of how NOT to safely handle firearms.

by the way, does anyone know his screen name here?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Fancy Nutsack, the gay uncle no one likes to talk about at family reunions. The guy tries to pass himself off at various times a a .mil operator (ANG tanker pilot) and LEO (member of the South Jordan Neighborhood Watch; no arrest powers,etc), and he is single-handedly keeping the cheap-Chinese-faux-milgear industry in business.

His sister (Got that?  His sister) trolls the comments section on his videos, arguing with negative reviewers.

The fact anyone sees this guy as anything other than an elaborate, biting satire of the shooting community is disheartening.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:41:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This man is the greatest thing to happen to the firearms industry and the gun world since smokeless powder.

Defiantly appropriate for this statement
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 2:46:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#32]
didn't we just have this thread?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I tuned him off when I came across him reviewing knives and gear that he's never even held in his hands. WTF.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...  I've never heard that sort of bullshit from him...
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Nutnfancy is passionate about the industry, and douchebag or not, we need more people that promote it like he does.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#36]
inb4 SUMTNFANCY
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hi NutnFancy, glad to meet you.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#38]
The guy is a tard, Dudes
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that he and Dr airsoft got into SHOT is the reason I am going there next year.

Wait, I am assuming PFI dude is "Dr airsoft"?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

4:20 he pretty much said it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I have watched 10+ videos of his but after those 10 words I will completely disregard that asshole.

He says that " you need to profice credentials, they dont just sell to anybody, nor should they"

Of course he says that too. I'm pretty sure he needs it being in the air nation guard (or something like that)

I bet you if he wasnt in the air national guard( or whatever he is in) his attitude would be completly different

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]
His mouth looks fucked up. Like a horse lip thing or something, not sure what is going on there.
That guy just drones on and on. It takes him ten minutes to say what most normal people can say in 1 minute.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#42]
His vids are ok- just take it with a bit of humor and your ok. Some people on here are way to serious about him...
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

A lot of the people who bash him don't fully understand why they bash him either, they just jump on the band wagon. Mob mentality and all.

Some time back, he took pictures that were taken by an afrcommer and posted on arfcom and used them in one of his videos.

Arfcommer claimed rights to the pictures and asked nutenfancy not to use them.  Nutenfancy created an account here (or already had one, don't remember) and came into the thread about the pictures acting like a real douchnozzle about the whole thing and pissed a bunch of people off.

For that incident alone many here have a special ire towards him.

Others who seem to know about such things have called his LEO/MIL or wherever it is he claims to have a background into question.  I don't know enough about vetting loudmouths on the internet either way to pass judgment.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont think so.
This is him

Another airsoft blog was there interviewing Les Baer,Mack and LAV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KI3SUYWPDk
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How?

He gets people stoked and excited to own tactical guns and equipment allowing even your average Joe-Bob to morph into a Seal-Ranger spec-ops operator, thus stimulating the gun insdustry and inviting innovations that revolutionize combat, like the Magpul B.A.D. lever and the angled fore-grip.

Which is why there are videos of him running that timed course with a 22 and a mini-14 and a ruger lcp  

Yes, his videos are long. Yes, he talks a lot. But as far as I can tell he really doesn't take himself too seriously. He gets people to pay attention and talk about guns, what's the harm in that?

Well I have a tendency for sarcasm bit still I think the hate people direct towards him would be better directed towards the idiots that make the Brady Campaign videos on youtube.  Those cowards never open their videos up to comments though.  I think they did once, and the youtube community tore them a new asshole.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Is he a member here? Or is he too good for ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Is he a member here? Or is he too good for ARFCOM?

yep.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Death threats?

Really?   WTF.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Meh, the only reason I dislike watching his videos is that he loves to hear himself talk. Says everything 3 times causing his videos to run 15+ minutes when they should run 3-5 minutes given the content.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont think so.
This is him

Another airsoft blog was there interviewing Les Baer,Mack and LAV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KI3SUYWPDk

Oh ok you are talking about two completely different people.

I did see that KWA USA had a booth setup in the mil/leo area. If you are not familiar with them they make airsoft guns, so if airsoft companies have booths then airsoft people are going to get in.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top