Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What I was told was that a firepit was a dead giveaway that the residents are swingers.

there are several in my neighborhood.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I was told was that a firepit was a dead giveaway that the residents are swingers.

Yeah....no.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

More like a dead giveaway that the homeowners have children and like to roast marshmellows and other wholesome family activities
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#4]
In certain areas, a pineapple door knocker.  No shit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Having some experience in this area I'd love to hear what the 'dead give-away' is. The couples I was friends with were all professionals, most had children, in one case sat on the PTA.

Besides, it's not like there is a hard and fast dividing line between 'swinger' and not. Couples with bisexual wives who meet single women are pretty common, are they swingers? How about couples that engage in the occasional threesome? I think personally think swinger implies going to clubs and wife swapping but it's really as a term I'm not sure it means much.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

very scientific!
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FUCK!

What's next - a presumably happy marriage means we're swingers?

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah I've hear any pineapple stuff outside, knockers, flags, etc.

buk
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A firepit???
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#11]
A fire pit generally indicates satanism.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I've hear any pineapple stuff outside, knockers, flags, etc.

buk

The pineapple posted on or around the home is a "welcome" symbol that goes back hundreds of years.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
a palm tree light in the window.

there was a lot of talk around the cops here that set up near a very nice neighborhood where they were busting swingers coming out of a house for drugs/alcohol.

eta: one of my clients told me about something called a key party.  everyone would show up at the swinger houses, and throw their keys in the circle.  then someone would pick up a set of keys and well, there is your "date" for the night.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

very scientific!

We're talking about deliberate signs for recognition within a group. There's not a lot of science to it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well fuck, that means I'm a swinger? Who'd a thunk it!? Hey, Honey, we're swingers!
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:14:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A fire pit generally indicates satanism.

maybe they are both-satanic swingers
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd say you know when your neighbor asks if you want to fuck his wife.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Condom dispenser on the front door?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#20]
The sign, is membership on sights such as AFF, or SLS, or a number of others.

People do not drive up and down the street looking for firepits, or pinapple door knockers, and then just knock.  "hey, we're swingers, and noticed you have a firepit.  Mind if we have an orgy?"

WTF, so full of fail.

Finding swingers is EXTREMELY easy.  It is very common, and has been forever.

And yes.  For about 10 years now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe the big Gotcha! item in this thread is a firepit. That's freaking retarded. There's a firepit at our house, and... you guessed it, no crowd of swingers to play with.

*ETA - Holy crap, maybe this thread can be saved:

Quoted:

People
do not drive up and down the street looking for firepits, or pinapple
door knockers, and then just knock.  "hey, we're swingers, and noticed
you have a firepit.  Mind if we have an orgy?"

WTF, so full of fail.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#23]

"What's the password"?

"orrrgggyyy"
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

People do not drive up and down the street looking for firepits, or pinapple door knockers, and then just knock.  "hey, we're swingers, and noticed you have a firepit.  Mind if we have an orgy?"

WTF, so full of fail.

Interesting user name to comment on this topic.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF, so full of fail.

LOL  That's actually a reference to Mountain Dew.  Such as "beer me"

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A firepit???

So, where should you dispose of dead hooker clothing and other evidence if you're not a swinger?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#27]
man you guys just have no idea do you? I think most of you live in your mom's basement.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#28]
There will be a pineapple somewhere on a flag, or a replica of one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF, so full of fail.

LOL  That's actually a reference to Mountain Dew.  Such as "beer me"

Fair enough.

Now with your reference to saying "for about 10 years now," were you meaning to say that you are a swinger??
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just go door to door giving a survey about swinging.

You can ask the census folks to include that question  in 2020. It'll give ARFcomers another reason to dread the census takers arrival.

yet you are still on arfcom.....  
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Who cares?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

WTF, so full of fail.

Yeah. I have the impression that being a swinger does not mean jumping in the rack with anybody who knocks on the door and asks for sex.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Your friend is an IDIOT

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There will be a pineapple somewhere on a flag, or a replica of one.

Wait - a pineapple on a replica of a flag? I don't even know what that would look like.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your friend is an IDIOT

How do you know that that isn't  the secret handshake in Sleepy Hollow or wherever he lives?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This should have been posted earlier so we could have begun mocking you sooner.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
man you guys just have no idea do you? I think most of you live in your mom's basement.

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.509670!/image/4073379168.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/4073379168.jpg

Beat me to it!! I mean how obvious do you have to get??!!??!!

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#38]
If there is a sex swing hanging from the tree in the front yard instead of a tire swing.......pretty good bet that they are swingers.   I don't know about the whole fire pit thing though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Most of the people in my neighborhood are over 60 and I do not want to know if they are.  I am getting nauseous  just thinking about it.

The old lady next door has a pair of swingers....
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://citizensvoice.com/polopoly_fs/1.509670!/image/4073379168.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/4073379168.jpg

Beat me to it!! I mean how obvious do you have to get??!!??!!

electric sex

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#41]

I always heard it was a dinner bell hanging on the front porch.

You know the kind with the rope. You yank the rope a couple times and yell "Come and Get It!!!!".

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#42]
There was a group I saw a lot on that used to go to this hotel in Downtown Minneapolis where I worked. I was Maintenance and Security.

The name of the group was the "Aspire Group." Though Aspire to what I'm still not sure.

There were some certifiable hotties that were in attendance besides the wrinklies that'd get stuck together like velcro.

Aside from being sexual deviants, they were some of the, by far, best groups we ever had at that hotel. They were low key, but very, very cool. Not at all what I expected as i expected total perverts and child molesters. Most were professionals and very well to do. We only had to throw one person out during one of their deals once, and he wasn't a part of Aspire at all. He got a little grabby with someone else's wife who didn't want to talk to him.

Halloween was a particularly good Aspire event. Every male worker between 19 and 40 made sure they worked that day to see the costumes. The women wore paint for ease of disrobing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#43]
do you really care what consenting adults do behind closed doors?
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Most of the people in my neighborhood are over 60 and I do not want to know if they are.  I am getting nauseous  just thinking about it.

My neighbors are largely elk, deer and moose. I'm locking the doors right now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Considering the fact that most of my neighbors are in their 60s or 70s, I really DO NOT want to know if any of them are "swingers."

DO...NOT...WANT.

If you haven't done so already, Google "Lemon Party".
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, a friend of mine told me I am very naieve about the swingers in my neighborhood.  She told me that a certain thing my neighbors own is a dead giveaway that they are swinging.  So...how does one know without something really obvious that there is swinging going on in the neighborhood?

Your friend is full of shit
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Fuck it.  I'm FOING...
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

There was a group I saw a lot on that used to go to this hotel in Downtown Minneapolis where I worked. I was Maintenance and Security.

The name of the group was the "Aspire Group." Though Aspire to what I'm still not sure.

There were some certifiable hotties that were in attendance besides the wrinklies that'd get stuck together like velcro.

Aside from being sexual deviants, they were some of the, by far, best groups we ever had at that hotel. They were low key, but very, very cool. Not at all what I expected as i expected total perverts and child molesters. Most were professionals and very well to do. We only had to throw one person out during one of their deals once, and he wasn't a part of Aspire at all. He got a little grabby with someone else's wife who didn't want to talk to him.

Halloween was a particularly good Aspire event. Every male worker between 19 and 40 made sure they worked that day to see the costumes. The women wore paint for ease of disrobing.

In general, is a mix of every make and model.  Old, young, hot, ugly, little, big, poor, filthy rich, janitors to appointed public servants.  Good people, way more often then not.  No trouble to ever speak of.  About the only problems are when a couple try it to save their marriage, which is a stupid move.

Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I always heard that leaving the garage door partially open is a sign. None have shown up yet.

I guess I'm a swinger
Link Posted: 2/6/2011 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2172/12873626/23592409/395016191.jpg

Rodeo Ron: Now see, you're a man who knows what he wants. I betcha the ladies like that.

Wendell: Oh yeah. Old Wendell has dragged the ol' pineapple through quite a number of ladies.

Rodeo Ron: ......... Is that right?

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top