Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Don't forget that Bill Newell was "informally" reporting Fast and Furious details to the National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly.

In my opinion they didn't pursue that fact as well as they should have.
View Quote

Not in Iraq now, subpoena him.

I don't think it is any more than speculation, but many have considered that CIA might have been trying to shift power from violent cartels to less violent cartels in Mexico.

I personally think that it would have made more sense for a direct government sale to make it's way to the chosen cartel if that were the case, but who is to say they didn't do both.  What are the reported direct government sales?  Thought they quit reporting direct government sales.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TX_M1:

I don't think it is any more than speculation, but many have considered that CIA might have been trying to shift power from violent cartels to less violent cartels in Mexico.

I personally think that it would have made more sense for a direct government sale to make it's way to the chosen cartel if that were the case, but who is to say they didn't do both.  What are the reported direct government sales?  Thought they quit reporting direct government sales.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Don't forget that Bill Newell was "informally" reporting Fast and Furious details to the National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly.

I'd hope the CIA would be less ridiculously traceable back to the US.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I sincerely wish all the worst things in this world on Holder, his friends, and his family.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Or some other group
At whose direction?
Why?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

Or some other group
At whose direction?
Why?
View All Quotes

Or some other group
At whose direction?
Why?
Does it really mattered? Holder built his case for gun control on the fact that 90% of the guns were from the US and straw buyers were the hole problem, He had the info as to where the guns came from and told lies. BATFE agents set in front of Issa's committee and swore that you never let guns walk, and yet they did under DOJ supervision and help, and people died because of it.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for accidentally derailing the thread again. Unsubscribing to prevent doing that again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:

This. It was probably released, and no one with media access to it will report on it until they're given their orders to do so.

Also, dammit alpha, keeping track of your avatars is indeed a pain in the ass
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Originally Posted By Frog_Legs:
I would have sworn today was the day the privilege log was supposed to be released.

Along with any documents not covered by that log.

Crickets.

Did the date change again. Am I misinformed? What in the Wild World of Sports is going on around here.

Delay as long as you can, and then pass the whole thing off as "old news".

This. It was probably released, and no one with media access to it will report on it until they're given their orders to do so.

Also, dammit alpha, keeping track of your avatars is indeed a pain in the ass

I think I am pretty much staying with this one.

At least until after CWE.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for accidentally derailing the thread again. Unsubscribing to prevent doing that again.
View Quote

How is discussing what were the driving forces and those involved derailing the thread?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Breaking: Obama asserts exec privilege for fast and furious docs to holders wife.
View Quote

As in Holder may have emailed something to his wife?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Breaking: Obama asserts exec privilege for fast and furious docs to holders wife.
View Quote

what?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xjronx:

what?

View All Quotes

what?

On Drudge...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Based on a preliminary review of the massive document, Judicial Watch can disclose that the Vaughn index reveals:

-Numerous emails that detail Attorney General Holder’s direct involvement in crafting talking points, the timing of public disclosures, and handling Congressional inquiries in the Fast and Furious matter.

-President Obama has asserted executive privilege over nearly 20 email communications between Holder and his spouse Sharon Malone. The administration also claims that the records are also subject to withholding under the “deliberative process” exemption. This exemption ordinarily exempts from public disclosure records that could chill internal government deliberations.

-Numerous entries detail DOJ’s communications (including those of Eric Holder) concerning the White House about Fast and Furious.

-The scandal required the attention of virtually every top official of the DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). Communications to and from the United States Ambassador to Mexico about the Fast and Furious matter are also described.

-Many of the records are already publicly available such as letters from Congress, press clips, and typical agency communications. Ordinarily, these records would, in whole or part, be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.  Few of the records seem to even implicate presidential decision-making and advice that might be subject to President Obama’s broad and unprecedented executive privilege claim.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton criticized President Obama and his disgraced Attorney General in a statement today:

"This document provides key information about the cover-up of Fast and Furious by Attorney General Eric Holder and other high-level officials of the Obama administration. Obama’s executive privilege claims over these records are a fraud and an abuse of his office.  There is no precedent for President Obama’s Nixonian assertion of executive privilege over these ordinary government agency records.  Americans will be astonished that Obama asserted executive privilege over Eric Holder’s emails to his wife about Fast and Furious.

Once again, Judicial Watch has proven itself more effective than Congress and the establishment media in providing basic oversight of this out-of-control Administration.  This Fast and Furious document provides dozens of leads for further congressional, media, and even criminal investigations."
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:37:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmounts] [#15]

Originally Posted By miker84:
View All Quotes

Based on a preliminary review of the massive document, Judicial Watch can disclose that the Vaughn index reveals:
-Numerous emails that detail Attorney General Holder’s direct involvement in crafting talking points, the timing of public disclosures, and handling Congressional inquiries in the Fast and Furious matter.

-President Obama has asserted executive privilege over nearly 20 email communications between Holder and his spouse Sharon Malone. The administration also claims that the records are also subject to withholding under the "deliberative process” exemption. This exemption ordinarily exempts from public disclosure records that could chill internal government deliberations.

-Numerous entries detail DOJ’s communications (including those of Eric Holder) concerning the White House about Fast and Furious.

-The scandal required the attention of virtually every top official of the DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF). Communications to and from the United States Ambassador to Mexico about the Fast and Furious matter are also described.

-Many of the records are already publicly available such as letters from Congress, press clips, and typical agency communications. Ordinarily, these records would, in whole or part, be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.  Few of the records seem to even implicate presidential decision-making and advice that might be subject to President Obama’s broad and unprecedented executive privilege claim.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton criticized President Obama and his disgraced Attorney General in a statement today:

"This document provides key information about the cover-up of Fast and Furious by Attorney General Eric Holder and other high-level officials of the Obama administration. Obama’s executive privilege claims over these records are a fraud and an abuse of his office.  There is no precedent for President Obama’s Nixonian assertion of executive privilege over these ordinary government agency records.  Americans will be astonished that Obama asserted executive privilege over Eric Holder’s emails to his wife about Fast and Furious.

Once again, Judicial Watch has proven itself more effective than Congress and the establishment media in providing basic oversight of this out-of-control Administration.  This Fast and Furious document provides dozens of leads for further congressional, media, and even criminal investigations."

WTF????

When Nolo first posted, I assumed he was trying to add levity to this debacle.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

-President Obama has asserted executive privilege over nearly 20 email communications between Holder and his spouse Sharon Malone. The administration also claims that the records are also subject to withholding under the “deliberative process” exemption. This exemption ordinarily exempts from public disclosure records that could chill internal government deliberations.

Sadly, at this point, my sense is that they successfully delayed the discovery of any wrongdoing to make any difference whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#18]
This is absolute proof that the cover up exists. Now is the time to scream this abuse of EP from the rooftops and use it to show just how desperate that traitor in the White House is to protect his friends. I look at this as a good thing because there is no way to hide it, no way to explain it away, no good answer as to why you would involve your friends wife and hide her from scrutiny.

It is time to ramp up the pressure again and keep this in the forefront. FBHO/FUEH.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#20]
They all seem to be untouchable
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By burbanite:
This is absolute proof that the cover up exists. Now is the time to scream this abuse of EP from the rooftops and use it to show just how desperate that traitor in the White House is to protect his friends. I look at this as a good thing because there is no way to hide it, no way to explain it away, no good answer as to why you would involve your friends wife and hide her from scrutiny.

It is time to ramp up the pressure again and keep this in the forefront. FBHO/FUEH.
View Quote

Obama will just pardon Holder, who will then take full responsibility.

Hopefully he'll take a vacation south of the border in a few years because maybe Mexico would be interested in prosecuting Holder.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Hopefully he'll take a vacation south of the border in a few years because maybe Mexico would be interested in prosecuting Holder.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Keep something in mind, if Obama pardons Holder, and the House or Senate calls him before them to testify, he best spill the beans as not to is perjury, and if he does spill the beans he can not be prosecuted. Obama knows this and I don't think you will see any pardons.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#23]
The only hope now is a Republican control of Congress, and a fast-paced plan to prosecute this.  Since Comrade Hussein only has 2 years left, I doubt they would be able to find the competency to make it happen, even if they skip orientation "week", and source their own iphones/smart phones (rather than use the Congress-provided phones).

This whole episode definitely is Nixonian, only people were murdered by the hundreds.  The reason Nixon was able to be successfully de-throned was because he had an (R) next to his name, and he had just gotten re-elected.

Obama can run the clock out on this one easily, but he is without an experienced man to handle that now that Holder is no longer AG.  Republican "leadership" doesn't have the spine for it, and is too busy country clubbing, golfing, enjoying the perks of the career to be bothered.  The Dems will continue to circle the wagons even if corpses were brought into the committee hearings with tagged and bagged guns, video surveillance, and the email chain of custody incriminating these vermin.

I still have hope, but it is guarded with logic, but I've been surprised before.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#24]
This is all part of the Holder resignation, there is a plan within the plan and somewhere, deep in this rabbit hole lies the answer. Drill baby, drill!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
The only hope now is a Republican control of Congress, and a fast-paced plan to prosecute this.  Since Comrade Hussein only has 2 years left, I doubt they would be able to find the competency to make it happen, even if they skip orientation "week", and source their own iphones/smart phones (rather than use the Congress-provided phones).

This whole episode definitely is Nixonian, only people were murdered by the hundreds.  The reason Nixon was able to be successfully de-throned was because he had an (R) next to his name, and he had just gotten re-elected.

Obama can run the clock out on this one easily, but he is without an experienced man to handle that now that Holder is no longer AG.  Republican "leadership" doesn't have the spine for it, and is too busy country clubbing, golfing, enjoying the perks of the career to be bothered.  The Dems will continue to circle the wagons even if corpses were brought into the committee hearings with tagged and bagged guns, video surveillance, and the email chain of custody incriminating these vermin.

I still have hope, but it is guarded with logic, but I've been surprised before.
View Quote
The thing that I dislike most about them getting away with this is there is no incentive to stop it and in fact it will most likely embolden the next leftist president to go further. I truly fear for the future of this great republic.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
Document list from JW
View Quote

So any guesses on what will and won't fly with the judge?

So was Holder forwarding email to his wife for her to use for gun control or other purposes, or was he actually using her email in an attempt to avoid being subject to FOIA requests?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miker84] [#28]

So was Holder forwarding email to his wife for her to use for gun control or other purposes, or was he actually using her email in an attempt to avoid being subject to FOIA requests?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Everrest:
Document list from JW

Small print, but basically looks like EH and his wife were emailing back and forth regarding the matter on October 6, 2011. He forwarded a White House statement, she replied with hightlighting, etc.

Edit. News from Oct 6, 2011.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obama-on-fast-and-furious-i-certainly-was-not-aware-of-gunwalking/

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I seem to be getting a lot of use out of thispic today.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Nolo, does this hold up?

Can the next President reverse this?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#31]
This is all part of the Holder resignation, there is a plan within the plan and somewhere, deep in this rabbit hole lies the answer. Drill baby, drill!
View Quote

If the republicans take the senate he will bail before they take office so the outgoing senators can confirm his replacement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bob1946:

If the republicans take the senate he will bail before they take office so the outgoing senators can confirm his replacement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bob1946:

Come 2016 I hope they give him a no knock raid and nice long prep walk, he can run to another nation, use the SEALS to bring him back..I am not joking, and with Ted Cruz this might happen..
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Couple of questions for you Nolo:

1. The DOJ labeled this as a Draft Index, does that mean they can revise it at a future date.

2. The information required for disclosure in the index hardly looks complete. Would you consider this responsive to the   judges order?

3. What happens now? Does the judge look at individual documents to determine if privilege actually applies?

4. I believe DOJ is under order to release an index to the Oversight Committee by Nov. 2nd. Does the committee then compare the list to documents they have been given and look for discrepancies to take back to the judge?

5. Where does this go from here......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#35]

emails from jarret to holder the day after the story broke, you don't say?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

But the white house was totally unawares. Totally.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#38]

1) I believe the DOJ is under a duty to supplement as a matter of course.
2) Mostly responsive, but probably not 100%
3) That's what the judge should do.  an in camera inspection of documents.  
4) Probably
5) Where does it go?  What difference, at this point, does it make?  On what planet does the DOJ live?  Under what rules are they operating under?  Congress requested documents and the Department of Justice refused.  A private group sued and the judge ordered the index turned over, but they still haven't turned it over to Congress?  Is that a joke?  Why on earth is Holder sending shit to his wife?  To his WIFE!?  Is that a joke?  Executive privilege?  Deliberative process with his WIFE?  I don't know under what theory deliberative process applies to his WIFE.   This is an absolute travesty that destroys the rule of law, or at least opens peoples eyes that there isn't really a law that rules us all.
View All Quotes

1. The DOJ labeled this as a Draft Index, does that mean they can revise it at a future date.

2. The information required for disclosure in the index hardly looks complete. Would you consider this responsive to the   judges order?

3. What happens now? Does the judge look at individual documents to determine if privilege actually applies?

4. I believe DOJ is under order to release an index to the Oversight Committee by Nov. 2nd. Does the committee then compare the list to documents they have been given and look for discrepancies to take back to the judge?

4) Probably
5) Where does it go?  What difference, at this point, does it make?  On what planet does the DOJ live?  Under what rules are they operating under?  Congress requested documents and the Department of Justice refused.  A private group sued and the judge ordered the index turned over, but they still haven't turned it over to Congress?  Is that a joke?  Why on earth is Holder sending shit to his wife?  To his WIFE!?  Is that a joke?  Executive privilege?  Deliberative process with his WIFE?  I don't know under what theory deliberative process applies to his WIFE.   This is an absolute travesty that destroys the rule of law, or at least opens peoples eyes that there isn't really a law that rules us all.

There will become a time where ordinary people give just as much lip service to the rule of law as the governemnt does.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#39]

There will become a time where ordinary people give just as much lip service to the rule of law as the governemnt does.
View All Quotes

4) Probably

And there may come a time that ordinary people hold the people in government to the rule of law, if it happens that way, what a day for freedom that will be.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By hugh1:

And there may come a time that ordinary people hold the people in government to the rule of law, if it happens that way, what a day for freedom that will be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hugh1:

4) Probably

That day can't come soon enough..I pray when it gets here, we(the American people) don't stop short.........I pray those who have brought this pay dearly for it and it becomes a lesson that last for all millennia......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By xxprince:
View Quote

This is like a bad fucking dream. How can it be real?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I spent an hour searching that doc list. Saw a lot of names that I'd forgotten about. Lots of emails flying around. Mcallister, Newell, Dodson, OReilly, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

4) Probably

"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy." - Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Today is Friday....therefore something will be dumped tomorrow, swept under the rug on Sunday, and by Monday we will be back to Ebola coverage.

In the history of this country and the presidency, there has never been a more blatant abuse of the powers of the Executive branch nor as much complete ignorance when it comes to the constitution.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:56:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frog_Legs] [#45]
Apparently Valerie Jarrett's name was in there somewhere also.

Link to article: Read all About it Here

Opps, looks like this was already cover above. Still worth reposting for anyone who missed it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#46]

So Obama's closest adviser is in touch with Holder almost as soon as the story breaks?  Obama knew nothing about any of this?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

A fucking nightmare. I expected this kind of shit out of the totalitarian governments my wife and I lived with overseas. Didn't figure I'd actually see it here at home.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

4) Probably

Sure does impart a certain perspective with respect to the unconstitutional crap these guys throw at us every day, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

With a group of Ex-SEALS who want to really serve their nation, no one us untouchable...Just an idea, a playful thought nothing more...

Nolo can the next President go after Eric Holder and resent what ever protections this moron set forth?
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top