User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
WOOT!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
DAMNIT!

Missed at chance at a non-edited page ownage.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]
BATF needs to be defunded and disbanded.  That will be a happy day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Get 'em Grassley!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for nothing
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gunrinwa:

I submitted that idea to YouCut.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#9]
ost
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]
_Authoritarians and Statists everywhere are shatting in their big .gov, kevlar panties. Tea is the drink of choice, lately.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Taggify
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Wow, top Google result (currently 741,000 hits) is from bloomberg.com

cold link

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-01/senator-examines-gun-claim-in-border-shootout.html
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
He better watch his starfish!

Grassley's office should send Melson a complimentary bottle of SLIP2000 with
instructions to apply to starfish prior to hearing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#14]
nice
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see the story is being picked up. It certainly should be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Today is February 3rd.  I expect that we will be hearing from someone regarding the briefing supposed to take place today.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#17]
tagged. epic!
Link Posted: 2/4/2011 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
Today is February 3rd.  I expect that we will be hearing from someone regarding the briefing supposed to take place today.

Update?
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#19]
nothing yet...
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I commend the 'whistleblowers' for coming forward,    having to choose between doing the "right thing' and a paycheck is a hard one to make for most,  and most don't make the right decision....

"My worst fear was that they would be used in a homicide of a Mexican military official or a Mexican police official. It crossed my mind that they would be used against U.S. forces, but I didn't think it would happen this soon," said another federal law enforcement source.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20110203,0,6169639.story
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By juan223:

I commend the 'whistleblowers' for coming forward,    having to choose between doing the "right thing' and a paycheck is a hard one to make for most,  and most don't make the right decision....
"My worst fear was that they would be used in a homicide of a Mexican military official or a Mexican police official. It crossed my mind that they would be used against U.S. forces, but I didn't think it would happen this soon," said another federal law enforcement source.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20110203,0,6169639.story

Read the comment from (dedicated dad ) at the end of that article.

I wonder how much truth resides in his remarks.

Link Posted: 2/5/2011 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:
I would like to see where this goes.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:00:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Excellent analysis of the indictments.

Avila is in no way the most culpable for firearms purchased according to the indictment. Many others have him beaten in both the number of purchases and amount of firearms trafficked. Why? Avila isn’t even charged in the most serious counts of the indictment. Why? Most striking is that on January 25th, 2011, while the ATF was serving the “Avila Indictment” and preparing for the press conference to follow – Avila wasn’t even arrested in the big roundup. Why? Well, a simple Pacer search (the Federal Courts electronic document system / available to anyone via the internet) reveals that Jaime Avila Jr. was already in jail. The court records clearly show how Avila was arrested during the early morning (just after midnight) of Dec. 16th, 2010, by Phoenix ATF agents for lying on 4473’s. So why on Dec 15th, 2010 did ATF feel the need to rush out and arrest Avila, on a hurried criminal complaint (as opposed to the proper method of indictment) after knowing of his trafficking activities, watching him and his coconspirators, listening to their phones, and investigating them for nearly the past 14 months? What happened on Dec. 15th,

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/project-gunwalker-allegations-bolstered-by-project-gunrunner-indictments
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tango7:
Originally Posted By Gunrinwa:

The only thing I request is that their arson and bombing incident investigation guys get spared complete axing and get transferred to another agency. They're a useful asset to local departments.

That said, their chicken bones and voodoo technical*  and persecutionp prosecution branches can go on unemployment, or apply to TSA to become luggage screeners.

* which still refuses to use case law or scientific method in the divining decision process
**who can have someone recognized by a federal court based only on a job title, not on actual verified and subject related training, education or experience

Put 'em under the US Marshals where they belong. Disband the rest and put all their "toys" up for public auction.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:03:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HardShell] [#27]
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#28]
it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Fourays2:
it would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel ya,  but we really have to change our attitudes on this and start expecting better.

It seems to me alot of folks here are pretty apatheic about this,  the tone is just like folks that don't bother voting because "it does not make a difference".  Call your reps and Senators and let them know you are paying attention on this issue.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Bears watching. Closely.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this going to be broadcasted live anywhere????   That'd be one of the few times I watched CSPAN beginning to end if was a live feed!!!!!
-SS
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#33]
You know, I hate to think it took such a high price, but that Border Patrolman's death may have been what finally brings down the ATF.  

Now if they'll just broadcast the freefall on CSPAN...  I want to watch corruption squirm.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:

Now if they'll just broadcast the freefall on CSPAN.....

In the 80's is was "Arms for Hostages" and now we have "Arms for New Regulations"
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Those are fighting words, there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Well, today is the 8th.   Got anything for us yet?

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ARDestructo:
Those are fighting words, there.

Meh

I am a big fan of turning the verbage of the left against itself.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lem:

I suggest you follow the provided links,  especially the sipseystreetirregular one,   it appears to be updated daily on this issue...

The wheels of justice turn slow,  especially with a reluctant media..

There were meetings yesterday in Washington on the Project Gunwalker scandal –– meetings at extremely high levels from what we hear. This is now a budding international incident, and the State Department is gradually realizing the awful extent of what this could do to our relations with Mexico and to the probable discredit this is going to create to the entire anti-firearm agenda of the administration, abroad and at home.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#39]

DOJ has sent the Judiciary Committee a letter saying when they are going to brief them.  I have not seen a copy circulated.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
TAG
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#41]

DOJ has sent the Judiciary Committee a letter saying when they are going to brief them.  I have not seen a copy circulated.

Eggsellent

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By juan223:

Eggsellent

I have a request in with Senator Grassley's staff for a copy of letter and with any more info regarding televising/publicizing the hearings.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#43]
So I read somewhere (and then lost the link) that local ATF agents are leaning hard on the gun stores where the agents authorized straw purchases to talk place.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I wonder how long it will be before another Inspector General will be deemed "incompetent", though...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By Spade:

So I read somewhere (and then lost the link) that local ATF agents are leaning hard on the gun stores where the agents authorized straw purchases to talk place.

I don't know if it's the same thing, but are you talking about the Carter's Country story?  Where the ATF had the clerks following people purchasing multiple ARs, Glocks, etc. into the parking lot to get license plate numbers, etc. to report back to the ATF?

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By odfox:
Holy the...  I hope this goes somewhere.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Stegadeth:

Originally Posted By Spade:

I don't know if it's the same thing, but are you talking about the Carter's Country story?  Where the ATF had the clerks following people purchasing multiple ARs, Glocks, etc. into the parking lot to get license plate numbers, etc. to report back to the ATF?

No, more like ATF agents trying to figure out a way to charge the owners with crimes based on what the agents told them to do as a CYA. And I can't find the damn article.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By absael:
I'm just going to pull up a chair here and watch the fun.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Not_so_Clever:
I would obscure the contact(s) information provided in those letters.

Why?

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MikeS369:
Originally Posted By Not_so_Clever:
I would obscure the contact(s) information provided in those letters.

Why?

Very likely a reaction due to habit to preserve PERSEC.

Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top