Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 537
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 5:35:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARDestructo] [#1]
Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not), it's a federal crime to interfere with Congress's power to communicate with anyone whose salary is paid by the taxpayers.

The White House cannot just tell Issa that they are making O'Reilly unavailable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ARDestructo:
Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not), it's a federal crime to interfere with Congress's power to communicate with anyone whose salary is paid by the taxpayers.

The White House cannot just tell Issa that they are making O'Reilly unavailable.
You are correct, and who should we get to investigate the White House, DOJ, BATFE, and FBI for being involved in said crime?

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By WGPKlaus:

It's truly ashamed that the media opted to cheerlead for Obama/Administration (including Holder) rather than do their jobs, and apply the same pressure they did to George W. Bush and his administration. Had they done that, Holder would at the very least have been thrown to the curb where he belongs with the rest of the gutter trash, and if they were especially attentive, Obama might have very well been wrapped up in this, and we wouldn't even have to give a second thought to him winning a 2nd term, even against the likes of Mittens.

The pisser is that the media went after AG Gonzales for doing something completely proper and legal (removing US attorneys appointed by the previous President).

Holder is behind something utterly wicked and evil, and they don't care at all.
Link Posted: 4/8/2012 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raven:

Originally Posted By WGPKlaus:
It's truly ashamed that the media opted to cheerlead for Obama/Administration (including Holder) rather than do their jobs, and apply the same pressure they did to George W. Bush and his administration. Had they done that, Holder would at the very least have been thrown to the curb where he belongs with the rest of the gutter trash, and if they were especially attentive, Obama might have very well been wrapped up in this, and we wouldn't even have to give a second thought to him winning a 2nd term, even against the likes of Mittens.

The pisser is that the media went after AG Gonzales for doing something completely proper and legal (removing US attorneys appointed by the previous President).  

Holder is behind something utterly wicked and evil, and they don't care at all.

And... He resigned over that shit too.  Firing us attorneys.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 4:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
How hard would it be for Issa to hop a ride to Iraq with a US Marshall & a subpena?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By South_Side_Shooter:

How hard would it be for Issa to hop a ride to Iraq with a US Marshall & a subpena?

Not very. One that wouldn't crash in transit, very hard.

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Townhall: Taking Down Fast and Furious: It Wasn't Botched
"Botched."

That is the word the mainstream media too often associates with the federal gunwalking scandal known as Operation Fast and Furious—but in her new book, Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up, investigative reporter Katie Pavlich fearlessly chronicles exactly why the only thing "botched" about the ill-fated operation was the Obama administration's shoddy attempt to cover their tracks.
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
"Botched."

That is the word the mainstream media too often associates with the federal gunwalking scandal known as Operation Fast and Furious—but in her new book, Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up, investigative reporter Katie Pavlich fearlessly chronicles exactly why the only thing "botched" about the ill-fated operation was the Obama administration's shoddy attempt to cover their tracks.
More at link.

Katie Pavlich is not only smart, she's hot too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:41:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hugh1] [#9]
Originally Posted By South_Side_Shooter:
I am thinking there are a few questions to be answered at this point.

Do US Marshall's have any authority in Iraq? I would Doubt it.

Iraq is a big country, where would you find him? Keep in mind that the State Department has and interest in him not being found.

Do you think that he would not declare Executive Privilege when ask questions?

He would also want his attorney present, which would take 3 months.

And if all else fails he would die the hero of a Fearless Fearsome Fire Fight helping save the life's of many civilian people of Iraq before he could be questioned.  

Yes treason is a dirty business.

Oh, one other question, Are we sure he is in Iraq and not Afghanistan?

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#10]
"Botched."

More at link.

In their minds it was botched. Botched by whistleblowers and nothing else.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Excerpt from O'keefe's latest sting video:

Man: “Do you have an Eric Holder, 50th Street?

Poll worker: “Let me see here.”

Man: Xxxx 50th Street.

Poll Worker: Let’s see, Holder, Hol-t-e-r, or Hold-d-e-r?

Man: H-o-l-d-e-r.

Poll Worker: D-e-r. Okay.

Man: That’s the name.

Poll Worker: I do. Xxxx 50th Street NW. Okay. [Puts check next to name, indicating someone has shown up to vote.] Will you sign there . . .

Man: I actually forgot my ID.

Poll Worker: You don’t need it; it’s all right.

Man: I left it in the car.

Poll Worker: As long as you’re in here, and you’re on our list and that’s who you say you are, we’re okay.

Man: I would feel more comfortable if I go get my ID, is it all right if I go get it?

Poll Worker: Sure, go ahead.

Man: I’ll be back faster than you can say furious!

Poll Worker: We’re not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hedonist:
obama is flapping his jaws, spewing lies at an amazing rate.

You almost have to give the guy credit as a master of misdirection - but I'm still here, checking this thread, and amazed where the investigation is at.

I do think though, that with the current head of DOJ, this goes no where until the corrupt are shown the door - and even then... by then... it won't really matter unless those responsible do actual prison time.

I am getting a sense of why those involved are silent - they just don't want to die.

I hope that everyone reading this and is involved with trying to save the second ammendment realize that the foreigner in chief and his chosen ones believe that they are above the law, and are un-touchable.

The absolute arrogance of ignoring this problem and others is astounding to me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By iRidiculous:
Excerpt from O'keefe's latest sting video:

Man: “Do you have an Eric Holder, 50th Street?

Poll worker: “Let me see here.”

Man: Xxxx 50th Street.

Poll Worker: Let’s see, Holder, Hol-t-e-r, or Hold-d-e-r?

Man: H-o-l-d-e-r.

Poll Worker: D-e-r. Okay.

Man: That’s the name.

Poll Worker: I do. Xxxx 50th Street NW. Okay. [Puts check next to name, indicating someone has shown up to vote.] Will you sign there . . .

Man: I actually forgot my ID.

Poll Worker: You don’t need it; it’s all right.

Man: I left it in the car.

Poll Worker: As long as you’re in here, and you’re on our list and that’s who you say you are, we’re okay.

Man: I would feel more comfortable if I go get my ID, is it all right if I go get it?

Poll Worker: Sure, go ahead.

Man: I’ll be back faster than you can say furious!

Poll Worker: We’re not going anywhere.

Just coming to post this.

HI-LAR-IOUS!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By ARDestructo:

Looks like they just did.

The same way he told the USSC not to fuck with his Obamacare!!!

So now the King is telling the other 2 branches of the .gov how to do their jobs.

And they are bowing down to him.

Over in the Sheriff Joe thread covering the forgeries, even the GOP is bowing down to him, "nothing to see here, carry on"

What is it gonna take to get people to stand up and do the jobs they took an oath of office to perform?

Perhaps AG Holder and the DOJ should get involved in this investigation - Oh, wait a min.......

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
This is the complete video from last week. TheDailyCaller had a shorter video. Interesting item is that the original Newell emails were provided by a whistleblower first.
Rep. Chaffetz on FOX News with Megyn Kelly with Update on Fast and Furious
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the complete video from last week. TheDailyCaller had a shorter video. Interesting item is that the original Newell emails were provided by a whistleblower first.
Rep. Chaffetz on FOX News with Megyn Kelly with Update on Fast and Furious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec5uimL9QPA

Just don't know what to say anymore

0bummer has already told SCOTUS to fuck off (and had his wrist slapped for doing so). Has been saying the same to Congress from pretty much day 1 of his unlawful presidency. And the 4th (unofficial) branch of government, the media, has been asleep at the wheel the entire time (on purpose).

I really don't see much difference between Zero and Hugo Chávez at this point
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe what a bunch of spineless reps we have. Fight dammit!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 3:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Regular] [#18]
Originally Posted By polymer4me:

I really don't see much difference between Zero and Hugo Chávez at this point

Hugo is going to die of cancer pretty soon?

Hugo's son looks like Zimmerman and Zero's son looks like Trayvon?

Lots of differences.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Guess you can't force a King to do something he doesn't want to

Link Posted: 4/11/2012 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By polymer4me:

Guess you can't force a King to do something he doesn't want to

History is full of examples where even that's been proven false, at great expense to the king involved. Don't argue that our president fancies himself a monarch, though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Why is congress not charging anyone? It has been months since they failed to meet issa's first "deadline" and every "deadline" since then has been ignored. Issa has allowed them to ignore so many deadlines so far that if this ever goes anywhere I'm sure the DOJ will claim that they thought "deadline" was just a figure of speech and that because he let them pass on so many other "deadlines" how could they be expected to know that this one time they really meant business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By scottedward58:

Why is congress not charging anyone? It has been months since they failed to meet issa's first "deadline" and every "deadline" since then has been ignored. Issa has allowed them to ignore so many deadlines so far that if this ever goes anywhere I'm sure the DOJ will claim that they thought "deadline" was just a figure of speech and that because he let them pass on so many other "deadlines" how could they be expected to know that this one time they really meant business.

With dems in charge, they're not going to find themselves in contempt.

This is an honor system, and the powers in charge are not honorable.

Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Can someone help me with finding video of the news conference where Bill Newel denies that any gun walking took place? It was the one in Phoenix on January 25, 2011.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Dems aren't in charge of congress, just the senate.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jeffco55:
Can someone help me with finding video of the news conference where Bill Newel denies that any gun walking took place? It was the one in Phoenix on January 25, 2011.

Nolo ask the same question a few pages back. I was only able to find a few news articles.

Semi relate to F&F
Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the E-books Press Conference
( I guess Eric thinks Katie's Fast and Furious e-book price is to high).
(still cheaper and more affordable than the current OIG investigation.)
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Dems don't run the House.

And yet I see no daily calls from any of the leadership for accountability for anything.

They need somebody like a B-1 Bob to take the point on this and raise holy Hell about it every day in front of the Capitol.

Boehner's worthless and they STILL either have no idea how or no motivation to mount a media campaign.

Link Posted: 4/11/2012 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Dems control the DOJ - with numerous branches that had hands in this mess.  You really think Holder is going to authorize anything either Congress or the Senate demands?  Issue a warrant, for himself?

I doubt it - there is no bi-partisan outcry.  There is the honorable, and then there is our DOJ.

They are shielded by the most powerful branch in our government - the media.
Link Posted: 4/11/2012 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Dems control the DOJ - with numerous branches that had hands in this mess.  You really think Holder is going to authorize anything either Congress or the Senate demands?  Issue a warrant, for himself?

I doubt it - there is no bi-partisan outcry.  There is the honorable, and then there is our DOJ.

They are shielded by the most powerful branch in our government - the media.

QFT
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 7:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scottedward58] [#32]

With everyone of these interviews I'm starting to think this is more and more about scoring political points than justice. It is looking more and more like the dems were right, at least about the Rs caring more about what they can get out of this politically.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#33]

With everyone of these interviews I'm starting to think this is more and more about scoring political points than justice. It is looking more and more like the dems were right, at least about the Rs caring more about what they can get out of this politically.

FWIW, if I were a republican looking to score points, I'd be moving the investigation forward as fastly and furiously as I could. Seriously, there are a hell of a lot more points to be scored by uncovering a huge scandal than moving so agonizingly slowly.If my letters have been any indication to them, they have to know that every new interview that shows little to no progress scores them zero points.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 8:49:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scottedward58] [#34]
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:

FWIW, if I were a republican looking to score points, I'd be moving the investigation forward as fastly and furiously as I could. Seriously, there are a hell of a lot more points to be scored by uncovering a huge scandal than moving so agonizingly slowly.If my letters have been any indication to them, they have to know that every new interview that shows little to no progress scores them zero points.

Unless there was some back room deal to keep this from ever going too far.  Obama could promise that if they protect him and holder and keep this from going too far that in exchange he'll make sure the DNC doesn't support any possible challengers when they come back up for re election. Issa and Grassley get to do all these interviews and score points with their base to keep any primary challengers out and not worry about the general election. In exchange obama doesn't have to worry about anyone he cares about getting swept up in this scandal or it taking down his presidency. On top of insuring no DNC backed election challenge he could also hook them up with big buck donors, I'm sure there are democrats who would give money to republicans to help obama buy political favors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Two Texas men indicted for attempting to smuggle ammunition and magazines into Mexico.

Do as I say, not as I do, eh?
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Scott_R:
Two Texas men indicted for attempting to smuggle ammunition and magazines into Mexico.

They arrest their own also. ( just less publicly and after 3 months of paid desk time.)
http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2012/04/040912-dal-border-patrol-agent-and-girlfirend-arrested-on-federal-firearms-trafficking-charges-BORDER PATROL AGENT AND GIRLFRIEND ARRESTED ON FEDERAL FIREARMS TRAFFICKING CHARGES FILED IN TEXAS
LAS CRUCES – U.S. Attorney Kenneth J. Gonzales for the District of New Mexico announced that a federal grand jury sitting in the El Paso Division of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas has indicted Ricardo Montalvo, 28, and Carla Gonzales-Ortiz, 29, both residents of El Paso, Tex., on conspiracy, firearms and smuggling charges.

Montalvo is an agent with the U.S. Border Patrol who has been on administrative desk duty since January 2011, when the investigation into the case was initiated. Montalvo’s girlfriend, Gonzales-Ortiz, is a Mexican citizen who is a legal permanent resident. Montalvo and Gonzales-Ortiz were arrested without incident this morning, and will make their initial appearances tomorrow before a U.S. Magistrate Judge in the El Paso Division of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.

Montalvo and Gonzales-Ortiz are charged in a 20-count indictment, which was filed under seal on April 4, 2012, and was unsealed earlier today. The indictment alleges that, between November 2010 and January 2011, Montalvo and Gonzales-Ortiz participated in a conspiracy to illegally purchase firearms, ammunition and high-capacity magazines of the type for which there was a ready market among the Mexican Cartels. The defendants allegedly made these purchases knowing that the firearms, ammunition and magazines were intended to be illegally exported to Mexico.

During the three-month period covered by the indictment, Montalvo, Gonzales-Ortiz and others allegedly obtained nine firearms by falsely claiming that they were the actual purchasers of the firearms, when in fact they were acting as straw purchasers who were buying the firearms on behalf of others. According to the indictment, Montalvo allegedly purchased approximately 20,000 rounds of ammunition and 97 high-capacity magazines, including ten 100-round magazines for 5.56 mm rifles and ten 75-round drum magazines for 7.62x39 mm rifles, during this period. Montalvo also allegedly purchased four 37 mm flare launchers, which are desired by Mexican Cartels because they may be converted easily into grenade launchers.

The indictment charges Montalvo and Gonzales-Ortiz with conspiracy to make false statements in connection with the acquisition of firearms and smuggling goods out of the United States. If convicted of this charge, each defendant could receive a sentence of five years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. The indictment also charges Montalvo with seven counts of making false statements during the purchase of a firearm and Gonzales-Ortiz with two count of making false statements during the purchase of a firearm. A conviction on any one of these false statement counts carries a maximum penalty of five years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. Montalvo additionally is charged with 10 counts of purchasing and receiving ammunition and magazines knowing that these goods were intended for illegal export from the United States. The maximum penalty on any one of the exportation counts is ten years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Nathan J. Lichvarcik and Mark Saltman of the Las Cruces office of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Mexico, and was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives and U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Internal Affairs.

An indictment is only an accusation. All criminal defendants are entitled to a presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_20357602/u-s-border-patrol-agent-from-el-paso

Also http://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-national/border-patrol-agent-caught-running-his-own-fast-and-furious-operation
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 12:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#37]
Originally Posted By Scott_R:

Looks like ICE? is going after the gun store also. ETA the two brothers we're running the gun shop.
Feds raid Eagle Pass gun shop

Federal agents raided an award-winning gun shop in Eagle Pass on Tuesday, alleging it aided in sending guns and ammo across the border.
Agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Homeland Security Investigations descended on Hesles Gun Store in the center of town on the heels of a federal indictment that alleges its operators were complicit with smugglers suspected of supplying drug gangs in Mexico.
The suspects, brothers Richard R. Hesles Jr. 32, and Damien R. Hesles, 22, had taken over the family business after their father — who previously ran the store — passed away in recent years.
“There was evidence that they were knowingly selling ammunition and firearms being taken to Mexico,” said Richard Durbin, chief of the criminal division for the San Antonio-based Western District of Texas. The federal district includes Eagle Pass.
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#38]

<snip>
Gonzales-Ortiz and others allegedly obtained nine firearms by falsely claiming that they were the actual purchasers of the firearms, when in fact they were acting as straw purchasers ... - This is the definition of straw purchasing

If convicted of this charge, each defendant could receive a sentence of five years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. - This is the maximum sentence allowed, for each count, under the law

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Montalvo additionally is charged with 10 counts of purchasing and receiving ammunition and magazines knowing that these goods were intended for illegal export from the United States. - This is the definition of arms trafficking

The maximum penalty on any one of the exportation counts is ten years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. - This is the maximum sentence for each count of this crime

I know I've said this before but it bears repeating.

All along, holder and others in the DOJ, testifying under oath, have repeatedly stated lied about the *fact* they do not have strong enough gun laws or sentencing guidelines to stop straw purchasers or gun trafficking. Their statements (under oath) are complete and total BS!

We know this. Issa and his team know this. The Dems know this. And I'd bet most in the MSM know this. The problem is, imho, most Americans don't know this.

It's our gun rights they're trying to fuck with! And this pisses me off! How hard would it be, really, to make known to the general public the truth about these sentencing rules? I know the State controlled media is lying about everything these days, mostly to protect Zero, his administration, and the ideology of the secular progressive left. But this one lie in particular, should really concern all of us as gun owners.

The truth is, our current gun laws are more than strong enough already. All these criminals could be put away for life - literally! There is absolutely no need for any new gun legislation to be proposed or passed. But that is one of their goals. We need to stop these lies and prevent any further infringement upon our 2A rights, by informing the general public about the truth of our current gun laws.

Who's with me on this?

<Rant mode ="off">

Link Posted: 4/12/2012 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#39]
You make a point that I've been thinking about mentioning for a few days now. The # of weapons, trafficing, and other charge that could and should be charge for the people in F&F are being pleaded to nothing.
The ATF recently sent out a Press Release on a felon in possession of a pistol who was given 110 months.  I've seen several others get more than the traffickers.  
I have almost came to the conclusion that DOJ is pleading  cases down to keep from going to trial and showing what they knew and when. They get a high conviction rate and they can complain about the need for more gun control and stiffer penalties.

FUEH
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#40]
You make a point that I've been thinking about mentioning for a few days now. The # of weapons, trafficing, and other charge that could and should be charge for the people in F&F are being pleaded to nothing.
The ATF recently sent out a Press Release on a felon in possession of a pistol who was given 110 months.  I've seen several others get more than the traffickers.  
I have almost came to the conclusion that DOJ is pleading  cases down to keep from going to trial and showing what they knew and when. They get a high conviction rate and they can complain about the need for more gun control and stiffer penalties.

FUEH

Rules for thee but not for me. This is the very definition of....
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#41]
KOPEL: Calderon misfires on U.S. gun control
Mexican president scatters blame far and wide for ‘Fast and Furious’ mistakes

Mexican President Felipe Calderon’s visit to Washington last week featured his usual lecturing of Americans about gun control. This time, he had some good ideas, although he remains wedded to many bad ones, too. A polite guest, Mr. Calderon did not mention the “Fast and Furious” operation during his public events with President Obama. But reports indicate that he did bring it up privately, and he was furious - justifiably so. From late 2009 until early 2011, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) orchestrated the delivery of more than 2,000 firearms to Mexican drug cartels. According to Mexico’s attorney general, those firearms have been used in 200 homicides in Mexico. Another victim was U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, killed in December 2010.

If Mr. Obama gave Mr. Calderon the same explanations that his administration has been propounding since last year, there was no reason for Mr. Calderon to take Mr. Obama seriously. The administration’s all-purpose excuse of “It’s Bush’s fault” has been applied to Fast and Furious. From 2006 to 2007, the very same Phoenix ATF office that perpetrated Fast and Furious ran a similar operation, which supplied more than 400 guns to Mexican drug trafficking organizations. The head of the Phoenix ATF office, gun control enthusiast William Newell, led both operations.

The difference is that when ATF headquarters in Washington found out about Mr. Newell’s gun-walking, they took immediate action, which led to the operation being shut down. But during the Obama administration, they enthusiastically supported Fast and Furious.
Long article!
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 4:23:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VictorUnit] [#42]
lots of talk ,lots of contempt for congress...and still NO ACTION.

If this is the end result there can be no doubt that the 2 party system is a sham.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#43]
HumanEvents: Napolitano perjured herself to Congress in Fast & Furious testimony
In her explosive new book Fast and Furious, Katie Pavlich makes the case that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano not only failed to stop an operation that led to the death of one of her own, Border Agent Brian A. Terry, but she may have also lied to Congress in sworn testimony at a hearing held to find out what really happened.

Inside sources told Pavlich that Napolitano’s testimony was in direct contradiction to emails she exchanged, and reports and briefing she received, according to an exclusive preview of the book by Human Events.

Pavlich’s book Fast and Furious is due to be released Monday, April 16. It is published by Regnery Publishing, owned by Eagle Publishing, which also owns Human Events.

Most of the focus in the Fast and Furious scandal has been on attorney Gen. Eric Holder, because his Department of Justice ran the program through its Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, still referenced to as ATF, its old initials from before it was tasked with explosives.

But while Holder's people waved the questionable gun purchasers through the checkout line, Napolitano was in charge of the Mexican border those guns crossed.
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#44]
HumanEvents: Napolitano perjured herself to Congress in Fast & Furious testimony
In her explosive new book Fast and Furious, Katie Pavlich makes the case that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano not only failed to stop an operation that led to the death of one of her own, Border Agent Brian A. Terry, but she may have also lied to Congress in sworn testimony at a hearing held to find out what really happened.

Inside sources told Pavlich that Napolitano’s testimony was in direct contradiction to emails she exchanged, and reports and briefing she received, according to an exclusive preview of the book by Human Events.

Pavlich’s book Fast and Furious is due to be released Monday, April 16. It is published by Regnery Publishing, owned by Eagle Publishing, which also owns Human Events.

Most of the focus in the Fast and Furious scandal has been on attorney Gen. Eric Holder, because his Department of Justice ran the program through its Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, still referenced to as ATF, its old initials from before it was tasked with explosives.

But while Holder's people waved the questionable gun purchasers through the checkout line, Napolitano was in charge of the Mexican border those guns crossed.
More at link.

I hope that gets some congresspeople moving. I'd love to see her go down for this as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 11:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrapos] [#45]

More at link.

I hope she doesn't get Foster'd this weekend  

ETA she = Pavlich,  we all want Napolitano to pay for her crimes

Link Posted: 4/13/2012 11:33:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevyn] [#46]
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:

More at link.

I hope that gets some congresspeople moving. I'd love to see her go down for this as well.

Congress will be loathe to move in any direction in an election year.

Absolutely NOTHING will happen to any of those involved except a few 'tokin' Mexican's are getting placed in 'protective custody' at federal facilities at tax payers expense. Watch for pardons.

Napolitano and her krewe, EH and his krewe and Team Soertoro are fully ensconced within the elite power establishment. They are the 'new political mafia' running (ruining) this nation. There's simply no one or agency that can hold them accountable within the legal frame work the rest of us are accountable to.

Perjured testimonies before investigating committees is diddly squat. Not even worth the printers ink needed to copy it into record.

Unless, of course, it's one of us who does not have the political 'cash' to cover the check we're writing.

Total corruption beyond redemption with no hope for change. D.C in a nutshell.

EDIT TO ADD: Here's an interesting discussion ... must read the comments.  http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=50807
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#47]

More at link.

FTFA:

“Let me tell you something about Janet,” another source said to the author. “Janet will be lucky not to go to prison.”

I suggest a firemission to buy the ever-living shit out of this book on Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Townhall: Fast and Furious Launched Into 2012 Presidential Election by Mitt Romney
GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney applauded House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa and Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley for their efforts to investigate the Obama Justice Department’s lethal Operation Fast and Furious today during a speech at the NRA Annual Meeting Leadership Forum in St. Louis. This is the first time any GOP presidential candidate has mentioned the Fast and Furious scandal by name in a public speech, officially bringing the scandal into the 2012 general election with President Barack Obama. Romney also embraced the NRA’s calls for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign or be fired for his role in Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Townhall: Fast and Furious Launched Into 2012 Presidential Election by Mitt Romney
GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney applauded House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa and Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley for their efforts to investigate the Obama Justice Department’s lethal Operation Fast and Furious today during a speech at the NRA Annual Meeting Leadership Forum in St. Louis. This is the first time any GOP presidential candidate has mentioned the Fast and Furious scandal by name in a public speech, officially bringing the scandal into the 2012 general election with President Barack Obama. Romney also embraced the NRA’s calls for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign or be fired for his role in Fast and Furious.

He did. Sitting close to the stage. Newt did a great job too attacking doj on F&F
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

He did. Sitting close to the stage. Newt did a great job too attacking doj on F&F

That is what Newt needs to be - the attack dog for whomever is running.
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top