BCM
User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By miker84:
Ah, blast from the past.

I'm gonna miss sitting behind him at congressional hearings while whispering "you killed Brian Terry". In this AP photo, he is asking his staff "Who keeps saying that?" while his security detail chuckles about me identifying their sidearms.

<a href="http://s588.photobucket.com/user/miker84/media/ARFCOM/AP1112081680.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/miker84/ARFCOM/AP1112081680.jpg</a>.
View Quote

Seriously??  How did I miss that thread?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ah, blast from the past.

I'm gonna miss sitting behind him at congressional hearings while whispering "you killed Brian Terry". In this AP photo, he is asking his staff "Who keeps saying that?" while his security detail chuckles about me identifying their sidearms.

<a href="http://s588.photobucket.com/user/miker84/media/ARFCOM/AP1112081680.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss328/miker84/ARFCOM/AP1112081680.jpg</a>.

You just posted in it.....

Or was that sarcasm?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody think Fast & Furious and the recent Judge's orders to turn over documents played a role in bAG Holder resigning?

What a dirtbag this guy is.  Crime has certainly paid in his life/career.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

Or was that sarcasm?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:
Ah, blast from the past.

Or was that sarcasm?

500+ pages ..... I may have missed a few things
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
Does anybody think Fast & Furious and the recent Judge's orders to turn over documents played a role in bAG Holder resigning?

View Quote

Yes and we will get more info on 10/1.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Yep.  The prosecution will no longer find me to be someone they want on a jury, for a gun law violation case.

So you caught a serial killer because he slipped up  and had too many foreign made parts in his homemade AK?

Not guilty.  Get back to me when you have enough evidence to put him on trial for killing those 40 people..
View Quote

This bears repeating.  Every single person on this forum should do the same.  Vote NOT GUILTY on every single firearms related charge that comes up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Shqype:

This bears repeating.  Every single person on this forum should do the same.  Vote NOT GUILTY on every single firearms related charge that comes up.
View All Quotes
Yep.  The prosecution will no longer find me to be someone they want on a jury, for a gun law violation case.

So you caught a serial killer because he slipped up  and had too many foreign made parts in his homemade AK?

Not guilty.  Get back to me when you have enough evidence to put him on trial for killing those 40 people..

I've always been a fan of this.

If the Dems get us in legislation,
We must fight back with nullification.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

It is still only the index, not the docs themselves and who knows how badly they have corrupted it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By burbanite:

It is still only the index, not the docs themselves and who knows how badly they have corrupted it.
View All Quotes

The republicans are hoping they leave out documents that the republicans already have. With the rash of congressional offices and homes that were broken into that coincidentally all belonged to republicans investigating the doj, I'm sure holder knows exactly what the republicans know.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By bob1946:
The republicans are hoping they leave out documents that the republicans already have. With the rash of congressional offices and homes that were broken into that coincidentally all belonged to republicans investigating the doj, I'm sure holder knows exactly what the republicans know.
View All Quotes

What?!?  While nothing surprises me, or is beyond belief anymore, is there more info about this somewhere?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
What?!?  While nothing surprises me, or is beyond belief anymore, is there more info about this somewhere?

View All Quotes

It's in the thread. They broke into several offices of Republican Congressmen who are on the Committee's for Government Reform that have been investigating F&F.  It makes Watergate look like a failed Boy Scout prank in comparison, especially since we're talking about the cover-up of murders that were a result from the DOJ's specific tactics designed to drive legislation against the Constitutional provisions within the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]

It's in the thread. They broke into several offices of Republican Congressmen who are on the Committee's for Government Reform that have been investigating F&F.  It makes Watergate look like a failed Boy Scout prank in comparison, especially since we're talking about the cover-up of murders that were a result from the DOJ's specific tactics designed to drive legislation against the Constitutional provisions within the Bill of Rights.
View All Quotes

In that case I'm in....again.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:52:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bob1946] [#14]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Everrest:
FoxNews: Fast and Furious documents must be provided to Congress, judge rules
WASHINGTON –  A federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to provide Congress with a list of documents that are at the center of a long-running battle over a failed law enforcement program called Operation Fast and Furious.

In a court proceeding Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson set an Oct. 1 deadline for producing the list to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The Justice Department says the documents should remain confidential and President Barack Obama has invoked executive privilege in an effort to protect them from public disclosure.
More at link.

So now that the Oct 1 deadline has passed any news?

ETA: It is now an Oct 22 deadline.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
WASHINGTON –  A federal judge has ordered the Justice Department to provide Congress with a list of documents that are at the center of a long-running battle over a failed law enforcement program called Operation Fast and Furious.

In a court proceeding Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson set an Oct. 1 deadline for producing the list to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The Justice Department says the documents should remain confidential and President Barack Obama has invoked executive privilege in an effort to protect them from public disclosure.
More at link.

Deadline extended another 3 weeks.

Guess what will happen in 3 weeks?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

More at link.

It was 10-22 right after the first announcement.

DOJ/whoever had asked for Nov 3, the day before the general election.

Judge was wise to that.

The thing I'd read that said revised to 10-22 was judge saying 10-22 by agreement of plaintiff.

I don't know why they would agree to that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Stolen shamelessly from this thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1672452_Holder_defies_federal_court_ruling_and_refuses_to_obey_judge_s_order__Congs_ask_for_jail_time.html

Originally Posted By R_Steel:
Eric the Commie Red is breaking the law again.

- - -   - -  -  - - -

"In an action not seen in the U.S. Department of Justice in recent history, outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder on Thursday refused to comply with a court order to release a Vaughn Index of Operation Fast and Furious documents. Members of a House committee are requesting the federal judge in the case to hold Attorney General Holder in contempt of court for failing to comply with a deadline a judge set to turn over documents related to Operation Fast and Furious, according to a federal court motion on Thursday.

As per a 1974 court ruling, a Vaughn Index must: (1) identify each document withheld; (2) state the statutory exemption claimed; and (3) explain how disclosure would damage the interests protected by the claimed exemption.

On July 18, Judge John Bates ordered Holder and the Department of Justice to produce the documents list by October 1. He denied a motion by the Holder's DOJ that the agency be given more than an extra month, until November 3, to produce the Vaughn index. According to attorneys, Judge Bates voiced his concern that the Justice Department’s request showed they were “at best... slow to react to this Court’s previous [July 18, 2014] Order. At worst, it means the Department has ignored that Order until now.”

"Here we have the nation's top law enforcement officer telling federal judges NO to their rulings. This is one more incident that displays the lawlessness of this administration," said former NYPD police detective Michael Snopes. "If a cop dared do what Holder's done he'd be cooling his heels in a jail cell."

Since Holder chose to ignore the judge's order, in a legal motion filed Thursday afternoon, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee asked U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson to fine Holder personally if he doesn’t comply with an order requiring him to turn over non-privileged documents responsive to a House committee subpoena by Oct. 1. Judge Bates may also be set to charge Holder with contempt of court for failing to release the Vaughn List to a watchdog group Judicial Watch, as well.

House attorneys are also advising the federal court to jail the attorney general until he abides by the court ruling and releases the requested documents.

“Should the Court determine that the Attorney General has violated that Order, the Court should impose on the Attorney General an appropriate penalty to coerce his compliance with the August 20 Order, including an escalating daily monetary fine against Eric H. Holder, Jr., to be paid by Mr. Holder out of his personal assets, converting to incarceration if the payment of daily monetary fines does not produce compliance within a reasonable period of time,” House Counsel Kerry Kircher and other lawyers wrote in the new motion.

"It is a very real possibility that Eric Holder is stepping down because the revelation of what's contained in the Fast and Furious documents may be detrimental to his life after serving Obama, or quite possibly those documents no longer exist," former attorney and political consultant Michael Barker told the Examiner.

"There is a very real possibility that the Justice Department's documents may have fallen into the same 'black hole' where Lois Lerner's IRS documents ended up," added former police investigator and corporate security consultant Joseph Warren, Jr.  "

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-holder-defies-federal-court-ruling-and-refuses-to-obey-judge-s-order

And

"Attorney General Eric Holder should be held in contempt of court for refusing to release “Fast and Furious” documents in line with a judge’s order — and even given jail time if necessary, lawmakers said.

Members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee requested U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson to fine Mr. Holder if he doesn’t comply with her own order issued back in August — the one where she said he couldn’t claim executive privilege to keep private certain documents related to the federal gun-running program, “Operation Fast and Furious,” Politico reported."   -end snip-

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/3/lawmakers-lawyers-suggest-fines-jail-time-eric-hol/
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Federal judge declines to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in
contempt for failing to turn over documents related to 'Fast and
Furious' probe - @politico

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Federal judge declines to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt for failing to turn over documents related to 'Fast and Furious' probe - @politico

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2014/10/judge-declines-to-hold-holder-in-contempt-196650.html

Unbelievable

The whole point of delaying till the 3rd was to avoid impacting the elections.

Now the demoncrats get everything they want and it costs them nothing.

I thought this judge had some guts but she turned out to be worthless.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

nope, and worse, he actually facilitated those murders.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Garryowen:
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Obama said he would find who was responsible and hold them accountable.

We just have to wait.

Meanwhile Eric holder goes to ferguson to investigate and sends 40 FBI agents to assist.  What a complete joke of an AG.

I guess the Mexicans' weren't brown enough for him to care about...

nope, and worse, he actually facilitated those murders.

Like I said over a year ago, brown people do not count where Zippy and Holder are concerned. Hell, not even black people count where Zippy and Holder are concerned, if they did they would not undertake the policies that they have.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#21]

http://www.fbi.gov/phoenix/press-releases/2014/seventh-defendant-indicted-in-border-patrol-agent-brian-terry-murder-case

View All Quotes

http://www.fbi.gov/phoenix/press-releases/2014/seventh-defendant-indicted-in-border-patrol-agent-brian-terry-murder-case

Seventh Defendant Indicted in Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry Murder Case

SAN DIEGO, CA—Rosario Rafael Burboa-Alvarez was indicted by a federal grand jury in Tucson yesterday, becoming the seventh man charged in connection with the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Agent Terry was fatally shot on Dec. 14, 2010, when he and other Border Patrol agents encountered armed robbers in a rural area north of Nogales, Arizona. Of the defendants charged so far, two have pleaded guilty, three are awaiting trial and two are fugitives.

Burboa-Alvarez was already in custody in Tucson for immigration-related crimes. He is scheduled to be arraigned in federal court in Tucson at 1:45 p.m. today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Bernardo P. Velasco.

Burboa-Alvarez, 30, is described in the indictment as the recruiter who assembled the crew of armed robbers to travel from Mexico to the United States and forcibly take marijuana from smugglers through threats or actual violence.

The crew members were identified in the indictment as Manuel Osorio Arellanes, Jesus Rosario Favela-Astorga, Ivan Soto-Barraza, Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, Lionel Portillo-Meza and Rito Osorio-Arellanes.

The indictment charges Burboa-Alvarez and others with first degree murder, second degree murder, conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery and attempted interference with commerce by robbery. Other crew members are also charged with use and carrying a firearm during a crime of violence and assault on a federal officer. In addition to the murder of Agent Terry, the indictment alleges that the defendants assaulted Border Patrol Agents William Castano, Gabriel Fragoza, and Timothy Keller, who were with Agent Terry during the firefight.

Portillo-Meza was captured in Mexico in September 2012 and extradited to the U.S. on June 17, 2014. Soto-Barraza was captured in Mexico in September 2013 and was extradited to the U.S. on July 31, 2014. Favela-Astorga and Osorio-Arellanes are fugitives.

Another defendant, Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, pleaded guilty to first degree murder and was sentenced to 30 years in prison in February 2014. Another defendant, Rito Osorio-Arellanes, who was in custody at the time of Agent Terry’s murder, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery and was sentenced to eight years in prison in January 2013.

This case is being prosecuted in federal court in Tucson by attorneys from the Southern District of California. They are Special Assistant United States Attorneys Todd W. Robinson, David D. Leshner and Fred Sheppard. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona is recused. This case is being investigated by the FBI. The Justice Department’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance with the extraditions.

The public is reminded that an indictment is a formal charging document and defendants are presumed innocent until the government meets its burden in court of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

wat
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

wat
View All Quotes

Seventh Defendant Indicted in Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry Murder Case

SAN DIEGO, CA—Rosario Rafael Burboa-Alvarez was indicted by a federal grand jury in Tucson yesterday, becoming the seventh man charged in connection with the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.

Agent Terry was fatally shot on Dec. 14, 2010, when he and other Border Patrol agents encountered armed robbers in a rural area north of Nogales, Arizona. Of the defendants charged so far, two have pleaded guilty, three are awaiting trial and two are fugitives.

Burboa-Alvarez was already in custody in Tucson for immigration-related crimes. He is scheduled to be arraigned in federal court in Tucson at 1:45 p.m. today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Bernardo P. Velasco.

Burboa-Alvarez, 30, is described in the indictment as the recruiter who assembled the crew of armed robbers to travel from Mexico to the United States and forcibly take marijuana from smugglers through threats or actual violence.

The crew members were identified in the indictment as Manuel Osorio Arellanes, Jesus Rosario Favela-Astorga, Ivan Soto-Barraza, Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, Lionel Portillo-Meza and Rito Osorio-Arellanes.

The indictment charges Burboa-Alvarez and others with first degree murder, second degree murder, conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery and attempted interference with commerce by robbery. Other crew members are also charged with use and carrying a firearm during a crime of violence and assault on a federal officer. In addition to the murder of Agent Terry, the indictment alleges that the defendants assaulted Border Patrol Agents William Castano, Gabriel Fragoza, and Timothy Keller, who were with Agent Terry during the firefight.

Portillo-Meza was captured in Mexico in September 2012 and extradited to the U.S. on June 17, 2014. Soto-Barraza was captured in Mexico in September 2013 and was extradited to the U.S. on July 31, 2014. Favela-Astorga and Osorio-Arellanes are fugitives.

Another defendant, Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, pleaded guilty to first degree murder and was sentenced to 30 years in prison in February 2014. Another defendant, Rito Osorio-Arellanes, who was in custody at the time of Agent Terry’s murder, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to interfere with commerce by robbery and was sentenced to eight years in prison in January 2013.

This case is being prosecuted in federal court in Tucson by attorneys from the Southern District of California. They are Special Assistant United States Attorneys Todd W. Robinson, David D. Leshner and Fred Sheppard. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Arizona is recused. This case is being investigated by the FBI. The Justice Department’s Office of International Affairs provided assistance with the extraditions.

The public is reminded that an indictment is a formal charging document and defendants are presumed innocent until the government meets its burden in court of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

wat
Can someone tell me what the BP was doing there,......well, maybe attempted to prevent interference with commerce by robbery?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Judicial Watch Sues Phoenix P.D. in Fast and Furious

The conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch is suing the Phoenix Police Department for records on a July 29, 2013 gang-style assault to see if weapons used were sold in the Justice Department’s ill-fated Fast and Furious case.

The new Judicial Watch lawsuit seeks records on the July 2013 shootout in an apartment building that left two people wounded.

According to Judicial Watch,

Three weeks following the assault, four suspects were apprehended in a raid conducted jointly by Phoenix police detectives and investigators from the DHS. According to press reports, “numerous rifles and handguns” were found during the service of the warrants. The Arizona Public Records Law suit was filed in the Superior Court for the State of Arizona in and for the County of Maricopa. Judicial Watch believes the reports detail that a weapon or weapons used in the assault are connected to the federal government’s Fast and Furious gunrunning operation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Ah, blast from the past.

View Quote

Holy shit, I haven't laughed that hard in a while

I remember that hearing distinctly. Holder would suck at poker, that's for damned sure.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Town Hall: BREAKING: Documents Confirm Fast and Furious AK-47 Used in Phoenix Gang Assault - Katie Pavlich
Documents obtained through a lawsuit recently issued against the City of Phoenix by government watchdog Judicial Watch reveal a weapon from the Department of Justice's Operation Fast and Furious was used to injure two people in a 2013 gang-style assault on an apartment complex. When the incident occurred and during investigation afterward, police worked with federal law enforcement agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Department of Homeland Security, FBI and Drug Enforcement Agency in the case, raising suspicions the assault wasn't simply a typical, local gang shootout and prompted questions about the details of where the weapons that were used came from.

“Thanks to our lawsuit, Congress has been able to confirm what Judicial Watch already reported – that a Fast and Furious weapon was used in yet another violent crime that terrorized and injured residents of Phoenix,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “Our lawsuit against Phoenix exposed how the Obama cover-up of Fast and Furious is ongoing. Eric Holder’s Department of Justice is a mess. It has endangered the public and is engaged in an ongoing cover-up of its insanely reckless Fast and Furious gun-running operation. Judicial Watch appreciates the refreshing diligence of Senator Grassley and Congressman Issa in pursuing the truth about Fast and Furious.”
View Quote
More at link.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Like we said long ago in this thread:

These guns are going to continue to keep showing up in murder and assault cases for the unforeseeable future. Picture from the above article:

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Standing by for document release tomorrow. Expecting more of this crap:

but hey, I've been surprised before.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Oversight: Issa, Jordan Probe Federal Regulators’ Role in Operation Choke Point, Uncover Evidence of FDIC Pressuring Banks
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Economic Growth, Job Creation and Regulatory Affairs Subcommittee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio yesterday requested information from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and Comptroller of the Currency Thomas Curry on the involvement by federal banking regulators in the multiple federal agency initiative known as “Operation Choke Point.” In Operation Choke Point, the Administration encouraged banks to terminate the accounts of legal businesses that they considered objectionable. While the administration has denied that it pressured banks to cease relationships with specific legal industries, the Committee found evidence that the FDIC encourage a target bank to terminate all relationships with payday lenders.

Chairman Issa and Chairman Jordan write in the letter to Federal Reserve Chair Yellen:

“The Federal Reserve Board is the primary supervisor and regulator of bank holding companies and state-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System.  In the course of its investigation of Operation Choke Point, the Committee has learned that federal regulators are pressuring banks to terminate relationships with legal yet disfavored industries, without regard to the legitimacy or risk profile of individual companies.”
View Quote
More at link.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Oversight: Grassley, Issa Press for Answers about Another Crime Gun Connected to Fast and Furious
WASHINGTON – Senator Chuck Grassley and Congressman Darrell Issa are again pushing the U.S. Department of Justice to be forthcoming about yet another gun found at the scene of a shooting in Arizona and connected to the ill-advised gunwalking strategy known as Operation Fast and Furious.

The shooting occurred at a Phoenix apartment complex and left two individuals wounded.  Grassley and Issa learned of the gun from documents obtained through a request under Arizona’s open records law by Judicial Watch.  According to the non-profit’s website, the organization “promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government.”  Grassley and Issa were able to confirm through documents obtained during their investigation that the weapon found at the scene was purchased by Sean Christopher Steward, who has since been convicted for his role in Operation Fast and Furious and is serving 9 years in prison.
View Quote
More at link
Letter PDF
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Eric Holder: 'I take personally as a failure' the inability to pass gun control - Washington Times
Snip
But Mr. Holder still reflected over the stronger legislation that never did pass.

“And the thought that we could not translate that horror into reasonable — I mean, really reasonable gun safety measures that were supported by the vast majority of the American people is for me something that I take personally as a failure,” he said, The Hill reported. “And something that I think we as a society should take as a failure — a glaring failure that I hope will ultimately be rectified.”
View Quote

FUEH
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I would love to see buzzards picking the eyeballs from Eric Holder's head...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Eric Holder: 'I take personally as a failure' the inability to pass gun control - Washington Times
Snip
But Mr. Holder still reflected over the stronger legislation that never did pass.

“And the thought that we could not translate that horror into reasonable — I mean, really reasonable gun safety measures that were supported by the vast majority of the American people is for me something that I take personally as a failure,” he said, The Hill reported. “And something that I think we as a society should take as a failure — a glaring failure that I hope will ultimately be rectified.”

FUEH

Why is it everyone on this board who has read more than a few posts concerning FF seems to know that this was all a ploy by DOJ and BATF to justify tighter gun control on the American people.
Yet NO ONE in Congress will say that out loud.
Trey Gowdy has alluded to it, but no one has come out right and said what we all know to be true.
Holder has all but admitted it himself.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Willz:

Why is it everyone on this board who has read more than a few posts concerning FF seems to know that this was all a ploy by DOJ and BATF to justify tighter gun control on the American people.
Trey Gowdy has alluded to it, but no one has come out right and said what we all know to be true.

View All Quotes
Snip

FUEH

At the end of the day, if you won't hold people accountable for the deaths of numerous Mexican citizens and a US Border Patrol agent, holding them accountable for attempting to subvert constitutional rights is probably pointless.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Snip

FUEH

Because then they would be kicked out of the club.

See how Ted Cruz is treated by the R's as an example.

The Blaze did an investigative report into the corruption in DC.  It was shocking even to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Snip

FUEH

The rabbit hole goes much deeper. You don't want to know.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Snip

FUEH

I do.

Knowledge is power and all that crap.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

I do.

View All Quotes

I do.

You don't. But I'll stop derailing the thread...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]

I do.

View All Quotes
Snip

FUEH

I do.

To give you a basic answer, it would have been impossible for the Phoenix office of the BATFE to do some of what happened on there own, things like fixing the background check system to ok felons for gun  buys. It had to come from Holder or above. Holder was on a campaign to stop exactly what Phoenix was doing, at the same time they were doing it. Holder got at least 6 reports on F&F and he was on the campaign to stop it. If and this is a very big if Obama new nothing of F&F while it was going on he certainly new when he declared executive privilege over it. Now one can't say he new very long before he did the EO but one can say that he is ok with what happened in F&F or he would not have declared EP over it and would have demanded heads to roll, including Holders. Yes we are talking murder and treason here and no one being held accountable for them. Even if Obama did not know when F&F was going on he made himself a party to treason when he obstructed the investigation with his declaration of EP. I know it is a long read but if you want more info on this the last 528 pages are a good place to start.        
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't forget that Bill Newell was "informally" reporting Fast and Furious details to the National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly.

In my opinion they didn't pursue that fact as well as they should have.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By hugh1:
To give you a basic answer, it would have been impossible for the Phoenix office of the BATFE to do some of what happened on there own, things like fixing the background check system to ok felons for gun  buys. It had to come from Holder or above. Holder was on a campaign to stop exactly what Phoenix was doing, at the same time they were doing it. Holder got at least 6 reports on F&F and he was on the campaign to stop it. If and this is a very big if Obama new nothing of F&F while it was going on he certainly new when he declared executive privilege over it. Now one can't say he new very long before he did the EO but one can say that he is ok with what happened in F&F or he would not have declared EP over it and would have demanded heads to roll, including Holders. Yes we are talking murder and treason here and no one being held accountable for them. Even if Obama did not know when F&F was going on he made himself a party to treason when he obstructed the investigation with his declaration of EP. I know it is a long read but if you want more info on this the last 528 pages are a good place to start.        
View All Quotes
[qu ote]Snip

“And the thought that we could not translate that horror into reasonable — I mean, really reasonable gun safety measures that were supported by the vast majority of the American people is for me something that I take personally as a failure,” he said, The Hill reported. “And something that I think we as a society should take as a failure — a glaring failure that I hope will ultimately be rectified.”[/quote ]
FUEH

I do.

Been here since page 1. Live posted during damn near every hearing.  Read most of the linked articles.

So I am decently well versed on the common knowledge info wrt F&F.  I got the feeling that IWK had juicier info than that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Don't forget that Bill Newell was "informally" reporting Fast and Furious details to the National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly.

In my opinion they didn't pursue that fact as well as they should have.
View Quote

He was shipped out to Iraq really damned fast.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I would have sworn today was the day the privilege log was supposed to be released.

Along with any documents not covered by that log.

Crickets.

Did the date change again. Am I misinformed? What in the Wild World of Sports is going on around here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Been here since page 1. Live posted during damn near every hearing.  Read most of the linked articles.

So I am decently well versed on the common knowledge info wrt F&F.  I got the feeling that IWK had juicier info than that.
View Quote
alphajaguars, Sorry I did not look at who you were or I would not have posted, thought you were a newbe.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#45]
alphajaguars, Sorry I did not look at who you were or I would not have posted, thought you were a newbe.
View All Quotes

I have changed my avatar a couple of times since all this started.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Frog_Legs:
I would have sworn today was the day the privilege log was supposed to be released.

Crickets.

Did the date change again. Am I misinformed? What in the Wild World of Sports is going on around here.
View Quote

Delay as long as you can, and then pass the whole thing off as "old news".
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Crickets.

View Quote

operation canadian bacon happened

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Crickets.

This. It was probably released, and no one with media access to it will report on it until they're given their orders to do so.

Also, dammit alpha, keeping track of your avatars is indeed a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:58:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mr_Psmith:
I wonder when the Judicial branch will realize they have zero authority in this brave new world?
View Quote

Andrew Jackson: "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!" Even he knew the courts had no enforcement arm.

Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top