Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe Pags filling in for GB going over it in depth!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Mexico pres. Calderon in the press conference today said, he respects our 2nd amendment, but thinks we need to return to the laws of the 90's  (wants the AWB reinstated)  and think we need registration on at least assault weapons.
Obama says we are working to stop guns going south.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
Mexico pres. Calderon in the press conference today said, he respects our 2nd amendment, but thinks we need to return to the laws of the 90's  (wants the AWB reinstated)  and think we need registration on at least assault weapons.
Obama says we are working to stop guns going south.

Does the United States dictate Mexican gun laws?

Calderon's done as El Presidente so I'm guessing Barry put him up to that stupid stunt since Calderon has nothing to lose or gain either way.

Fuck Calderon and fuck Barry Soetoro and all the filthy communists who support them.

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Amen.

I was raised right on the border, and spent a LOT of time
in Juarez.

I'd sooner let it burn than even spit in that direction.

and would gladly piss on  obuma only after his personal
fire went out.
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mexico is such a failure.  Why should be take advice from them?

Link Posted: 4/2/2012 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Calderone is a weak tit blaming us for things he said he would fix and hasn't. Must have learned the tactic from 0bama.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2012 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RocketmanOU:
Originally Posted By sixnine:
I'm reading Clancy's new novel Against All Enemies. It focuses on Al Qaeda/Taliban working with the Cartels to get at us, but the opening meeting with the alphabet agencies is starting to sound like democrat talking points. I'll keep reading because in the last book Clancy pulled no punches when describing the administration that had to be inspired by 0bama's.

Which book? I'm interested

Dead or Alive. Damn good book, Jack Ryan runs for a second term against an incumbent president who sounds an awful lot like 0bama.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm reading Clancy's new novel Against All Enemies. It focuses on Al Qaeda/Taliban working with the Cartels to get at us, but the opening meeting with the alphabet agencies is starting to sound like democrat talking points. I'll keep reading because in the last book Clancy pulled no punches when describing the administration that had to be inspired by 0bama's.

Dead or Alive. Damn good book, Jack Ryan runs for a second term against an incumbent president who sounds an awful lot like 0bama.

It's that Kealty bastard from Debt of Honor and Executive orders.

Theres also a slap at George Soros in it, too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By South_Side_Shooter:

It's that Kealty bastard from Debt of Honor and Executive orders.

Theres also a slap at George Soros in it, too.

Crazy, because IIRC Clancy is a Dem.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Crazy, because that is not what I recall.

From Wiki:

Tom Clancy has been a life-time supporter of right-wing, libertarian conservative, and Republican causes in America. A week after the September 11, 2001 attacks, on The O'Reilly Factor, Clancy stated that left-wing politicians in the United States were partly responsible for September 11 due to their "gutting" of the Central Intelligence Agency.[7] Clancy has also associated himself with General Anthony Zinni, a critic of the George W. Bush administration, and has been critical of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld as well.[9]

His books bear dedications to conservative right-wing political figures, most notably Ronald Reagan. In his novels, countries portrayed as hostile to the United States include the former Soviet Union, North Korea, Syria, China, Iran, Palestine, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela, India, and Japan. Saudi Arabia, Russia, Colombia, The Philippines, Indonesia, Morocco, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Germany, South Korea, Israel, Pakistan, and the United Kingdom are shown as close allies of the United States.

On September 11, 2001, Clancy was interviewed by Judy Woodruff on CNN.[10] During the interview, he observed that Islam does not condone suicide. Among other observations during this interview, Clancy cited discussions he had with military experts on the lack of planning to handle a hijacked plane being used in a suicide attack and criticized the news media's treatment of the United States Intelligence Community. Clancy appeared again on PBS's Charlie Rose, where he debated Senator and future Vice-Presidential candidate John Edwards.[11]

Clancy has been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association since 1978.[12]

Now, lets get back to F&F.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

Crazy, because that is not what I recall.

From Wiki:

Tom Clancy has been a life-time supporter of right-wing, libertarian conservative, and Republican causes in America. A week after the September 11, 2001 attacks, on The O'Reilly Factor, Clancy stated that left-wing politicians in the United States were partly responsible for September 11 due to their "gutting" of the Central Intelligence Agency.[7] Clancy has also associated himself with General Anthony Zinni, a critic of the George W. Bush administration, and has been critical of former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld as well.[9]

His books bear dedications to conservative right-wing political figures, most notably Ronald Reagan. In his novels, countries portrayed as hostile to the United States include the former Soviet Union, North Korea, Syria, China, Iran, Palestine, Vietnam, Nicaragua, Cuba, Bolivia, Venezuela, India, and Japan. Saudi Arabia, Russia, Colombia, The Philippines, Indonesia, Morocco, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Jordan, Germany, South Korea, Israel, Pakistan, and the United Kingdom are shown as close allies of the United States.

On September 11, 2001, Clancy was interviewed by Judy Woodruff on CNN.[10] During the interview, he observed that Islam does not condone suicide. Among other observations during this interview, Clancy cited discussions he had with military experts on the lack of planning to handle a hijacked plane being used in a suicide attack and criticized the news media's treatment of the United States Intelligence Community. Clancy appeared again on PBS's Charlie Rose, where he debated Senator and future Vice-Presidential candidate John Edwards.[11]

Clancy has been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association since 1978.[12]

Now, lets get back to F&F.

Well, I have shown once again my memory sucks ass.

Back to our regularly scheduled documentation of treason.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Clancy was very anti-OIF I think.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#14]

<snip>

Speaking of which, what's happening with all the new revelations we've had over the past couple weeks?

ATF releasing gun trafficker Manuel Fabian Celis-Acosta in May 2010
The Miramontes brothers being FBI informants (and kept secret from The Keystone Cops), err, I meant the ATF
The continuing exploits of Gunwalker Newell
The O'Reilly interview - or non-interview, I should say (and I'm not talking about Bill O'Reilly)
Cynthia being replaced by Horowitz  at the OIG
Speaking of Horowitz ... well, ya know ...
And other stuff I probably forgot about already

I can see Speaker Bonehead is right on top of these new developments
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By polymer4me:

<snip>

Speaking of which, what's happening with all the new revelations we've had over the past couple weeks?

ATF releasing gun trafficker Manuel Fabian Celis-Acosta in May 2010
The Miramontes brothers being FBI informants (and kept secret from The Keystone Cops), err, I meant the ATF
The continuing exploits of Gunwalker Newell
The O'Reilly interview - or non-interview, I should say (and I'm not talking about Bill O'Reilly)
Cynthia being replaced by Horowitz  at the OIG
Speaking of Horowitz ... well, ya know ...
And other stuff I probably forgot about already

I can see Speaker Bonehead is right on top of these new developments
Is that really Newell's first name?

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Townhall: Pathetic: Obama, Calderon, Press Avoid Fast and Furious Discussion
President Barack Obama just wrapped up a joint press conference with Mexican President Felipe Calderon and Candadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. The three world leaders discussed a number of topics including trade and energy, but what did they fail to discuss? Operation Fast and Furious. Although the topic of gun trafficking was discussed at length by both Calderon and Obama, reporters never asked about Fast and Furious specifically and the two leaders weren't going to go out of their way to bring it up.

Calderon, as a expected, blamed Mexico’s cartel violence not on the cartels themselves, but on the large “flow” of guns from the United States into Mexico. Calderon reiterated his view the United States should re-instate the ban on “assault,” or semi-automatic weapons.
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#17]
AZStarnet: Top targets, in reality, were FBI informants, but ATF didn't know: What doomed Fast & Furious
Even before hundreds of guns went across the border as part of Operation Fast and Furious, an interagency communication gap had left the investigation doomed, recently released information suggests.
Unknown to the ATF agents leading the probe, the top possible targets of their investigation were working as FBI informants and were essentially "unindictable," according to congressional investigators and documents connected to the case.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives launched the investigation planning to go beyond arresting "straw buyers" and take down a whole cross-border gun-running ring. But it could never have reached its top targets, two brothers named Miramontes from the El Paso area, because they were protected "national security assets," says a Feb. 1 memo by U.S. Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa.
The revelation speaks to a broader issue especially pertinent in the border region, some current and former federal agents say: The area is rife with agencies working organized-crime investigations, and sometimes their interests conflict.
"Information sharing among agencies - it's ridiculous," said Brandon Judd, head of the Tucson-Sector local of the Border Patrol agents union. "People guard their intel like it's gold."
In this case, guarding information may have had fatal consequences for a Southern Arizona Border Patrol agent. Brian Terry was killed on Dec. 14, 2010, west of Rio Rico in a gunfight with bandits, at least two of whom were armed with weapons bought by a low-level target of Operation Fast and Furious in January 2010.
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
so, isn't today the deadline for the WH RESPONSE
to Oversight's demand to interview O'Reilly ?

subpoena time ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Lumpy03:

subpoena time ?

Don't hold your breath, issa has yet to stick to a deadline. What are we two months out since contempt charges were supposed to be filed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 5:58:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#20]
Townhall: Fast and Furious: Ongoing DOJ Internal Investigation Not Really Ongoing

For more than a year now, the Obama Justice Department under leadership of Attorney General Eric Holder has been stonewalling the House Oversight Committee's independent investigation into Operation Fast and Furious, citing an on going investigation within DOJ by the inspector general. DOJ has asked Congressional investigators to wait for the inspector general's report and before pushing for more information about the program. Eric Holder has said more than once that the inspector general is "looking into" what happened and working on producing a report. Out of 80,000 documents requested for review by Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa, Holder's DOJ has turned over 6,000, leaving 74,000 with the inspector general and untouched by the Oversight Committee, despite Congress having the constitutional authority to ask for documents relating to the lethal operation. Despite the so-called "ongoing," year long internal investigation by the inspector general, Eric Holder has yet to be interviewed .
More at link.

WPost: Holder expects to be interviewed by Justice Department on gun trafficking probe

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric Holder says he expects to be interviewed by investigators looking into Operation Fast and Furious, a flawed Justice Department gun trafficking probe in which federal agents were allegedly ordered by superiors to allow hundreds of weapons to flow illicitly from U.S. gun shops in Arizona into Mexico.

During an appearance in Chicago, the attorney general made the comment about the Justice Department’s inspector general’s office, which has been examining who is responsible for employing the risky tactic known as gun-walking. Many of the weapons in Fast and Furious were recovered from crime scenes on both sides of the border, including the scene of the killing of U.S. border agent Brian Terry.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By scottedward58:
Originally Posted By Lumpy03:

subpoena time ?

Don't hold your breath, issa has yet to stick to a deadline. What are we two months out since contempt charges were supposed to be filed.

oh, I'm not holding my breath, just hopeful.

and NOT "hopey-changey" hopeful.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
obama is flapping his jaws, spewing lies at an amazing rate.

You almost have to give the guy credit as a master of misdirection - but I'm still here, checking this thread, and amazed where the investigation is at.

I do think though, that with the current head of DOJ, this goes no where until the corrupt are shown the door - and even then... by then... it won't really matter unless those responsible do actual prison time.

I am getting a sense of why those involved are silent - they just don't want to die.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Following a link from that story, led to this one from 6 months ago ...

Fast and Furious in a Rotten Nutshell

Although it's half a year old now, it's still a very good overview of F&F.  But be warned, it's a very long read.

An interesting topic that was brought up in the article was that third (missing) gun at the Terry murder scene. We now know that the third gun would probably have led straight back to one of the Miramontes brothers ... and the fact they were being protected by the FBI. Of course, this wasn't known 6 months ago. But that 3rd gun should be a really big deal now with all the new info we have. So why do you suppose we're not hearing more about it?

I think I know the answer to that ... but curious what others think?

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hedonist:
obama is flapping his jaws, spewing lies at an amazing rate.

You almost have to give the guy credit as a master of misdirection - but I'm still here, checking this thread, and amazed where the investigation is at.

I do think though, that with the current head of DOJ, this goes no where until the corrupt are shown the door - and even then... by then... it won't really matter unless those responsible do actual prison time.

I am getting a sense of why those involved are silent - they just don't want to die.

I just commented to my wife last night that I'm astounded at the uptick in both the volume and the gravity of the lies he and his DOJ have been telling. There is some unbelievable stuff coming out of their mouths these days.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Although it's half a year old now, it's still a very good overview of F&F.  But be warned, it's a very long read.

An interesting topic that was brought up in the article was that third (missing) gun at the Terry murder scene. We now know that the third gun would probably have led straight back to one of the Miramontes brothers ... and the fact they were being protected by the FBI. Of course, this wasn't known 6 months ago. But that 3rd gun should be a really big deal now with all the new info we have. So why do you suppose we're not hearing more about it?

IIRC that all died down when the Fibbies said it was a shell casing, not a weapon.

Considering all the other lies we have been told in this case, I give that about as much weight as if it came straight from 0bama himself.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 7:43:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevyn] [#26]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/05/gun-dealer-accused-as-part-fast-and-furious-to-change-plea/#ixzz1r9KgAjx5?test=latestnews

What's the deal?

Deportation and a warning not to come back? Time credit for time in jail?

For sure, if he rolled on the cartel he's dead man walking.

Interdasting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#27]

IIRC that all died down when the Fibbies said it was a shell casing, not a weapon.

Considering all the other lies we have been told in this case, I give that about as much weight as if it came straight from 0bama himself.

Don't understand what you mean? Are you saying you think the FBI is telling the truth and there never was a 3rd weapon? Or are you saying there was, but the FBI is trying to cover it up by saying it was only a shell casing?

And it's not you ... it's me. I don't think my brain is firing on all cylinders this morning ;-) Didn't sleep well last night ...

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Don't understand what you mean? Are you saying you think the FBI is telling the truth and there never was a 3rd weapon? Or are you saying there was, but the FBI is trying to cover it up by saying it was only a shell casing?

And it's not you ... it's me. I don't think my brain is firing on all cylinders this morning ;-) Didn't sleep well last night ...

i thought they said the 3rd piece of evidence was blood evidence?
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

FBI does claim it is blood.
Foxnews: Justice Department Accuses Issa of 'Mischaracterizing' Evidence in Probe of Operation Fast and Furious
"The FBI has made clear that reports of a third gun recovered from the perpetrators at the scene of Agent Terry's murder are false," the department said in a statement Monday.

This comes one day after Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, appeared on a Sunday morning news show and noted that a now-public FBI ballistics report labeled two guns tied to "Fast and Furious" as "K2" and "K3," but "there's no 'Ticket 1.'"
"One weapon has a '2,' one has a '3,' on it. There's no '1,'" Issa said on CBS. "When agents who were at Brian Terry's funeral made statements to his mother indicating that there were three weapons, when the two weapons that they have tested don't conclusively match up [to the bullet that killed Terry], then you look and say, 'Well, was there a third weapon at the scene?'"
Asked why the FBI would make such a move, Issa said the agency "has a history in some cases of working with felons and criminals and hiding their other crimes in order to keep an investigation going."
In its statement late Monday, the Justice Department offered its first public explanation of "K1."
"According to the FBI, the item that Chairman Issa refers to as 'K1' is a blood sample from Agent Terry, not a firearm," the statement said. "For this reason, it was not listed on the ballistics report prepared by the FBI."
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 4:10:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#30]
I'll call this Cliffnotes for this thread by Katie Pavlich. (Current rank # 1848)
Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up Hardcover
Book Description
Publication Date: April 16, 2012

A bloody scandal and its shameless cover-up:

No scandal is more threatening to the Obama administration than Operation Fast and Furious. While other scandals involve money, Fast and Furious involves lives, including that of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, gunned down with a weapon that the federal government put in the hands of Mexico’s narco-terrorists.

As shocking as Operation Fast and Furious was—and this book explains, in chilling detail, just what this operation conducted by the ATF, under the supervision of the Justice Department, entailed—equally appalling is the blatant cover-up of wrongdoing by the Obama administration. No reporter has been more dogged in tracking down the facts about Fast and Furious than Katie Pavlich. In her stunning new book she reveals:
The documents that undermine the White House’s claims of ignorance about Fast and Furious
How Eric Holder, President Obama’s attorney general, has, under oath, repeatedly changed his testimony
The still mounting death toll from Fast and Furious
The retaliation against Fast and Furious whistleblowers
Why Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano might be charged with perjury
The Obama administration’s continuing assault on Second Amendment rights
Why Fast and Furious could be a bigger scandal than Watergate
Unraveling the mystery of what Fast and Furious was all about, Katie Pavlich delivers a stunning indictment of a radical administration willing to trample the Constitution and risk lives to achieve its ideological goals.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

FBI does claim it is blood.
Foxnews: Justice Department Accuses Issa of 'Mischaracterizing' Evidence in Probe of Operation Fast and Furious
"The FBI has made clear that reports of a third gun recovered from the perpetrators at the scene of Agent Terry's murder are false," the department said in a statement Monday.

This comes one day after Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, appeared on a Sunday morning news show and noted that a now-public FBI ballistics report labeled two guns tied to "Fast and Furious" as "K2" and "K3," but "there's no 'Ticket 1.'"
"One weapon has a '2,' one has a '3,' on it. There's no '1,'" Issa said on CBS. "When agents who were at Brian Terry's funeral made statements to his mother indicating that there were three weapons, when the two weapons that they have tested don't conclusively match up [to the bullet that killed Terry], then you look and say, 'Well, was there a third weapon at the scene?'"
Asked why the FBI would make such a move, Issa said the agency "has a history in some cases of working with felons and criminals and hiding their other crimes in order to keep an investigation going."
In its statement late Monday, the Justice Department offered its first public explanation of "K1."
"According to the FBI, the item that Chairman Issa refers to as 'K1' is a blood sample from Agent Terry, not a firearm," the statement said. "For this reason, it was not listed on the ballistics report prepared by the FBI."
More at link.

So how does that explain the audio tape between Hope MacAllister and the owner of Lone Wolf, where Agent MacAllister specifically states there were 3 guns at the crime scene and that the "FBI" is in more hot water than the ATF when the facts come out?

If anyone  believes *anything* the FBI says regarding this case, ping me.   I've got some beach front property in Kansas I'd like to sell.  

m1

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
^^ It doesn't. The DoJ is shouting fire somewhere else in the hopes that people will look that way instead of what is really going on.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm wondering if any one has a link to that audio exchange between Hope MacAllister and the Lone Wolf owner? I think it was from last summer? I vaguely remember listening to it at the time, but never saved the file. I'd be interested in hearing it again.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll call this Cliffnotes for this thread by Katie Pavlich. (Current rank # 1848)

Fast and Furious: Barack Obama's Bloodiest Scandal and the Shameless Cover-Up Hardcover

Book Description
Publication Date: April 16, 2012

Thanks Everrest for the heads-up on that book. I wasn't even aware she had written one. Sounds like it would be a great reference guide for us. I'm going to order a copy today

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#35]

I'm wondering if any one has a link to that audio exchange between Hope MacAllister and the Lone Wolf owner? I think it was from last summer? I vaguely remember listening to it at the time, but never saved the file. I'd be interested in hearing it again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20108240-10391695.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#36]

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20108240-10391695.html

Thanks Rocketman
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 10:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#37]
Reuters

Three plead guilty in botched "Fast and Furious" gun-running sting
PHOENIX (Reuters) - Three men pleaded guilty on Thursday to charges of trafficking high-powered rifles and other guns to Mexico from Arizona under the botched "Fast and Furious" federal sting operation tied to the murder of a U.S. federal agent.
Jaime Avila Jr., Joshua David Moore and Kenneth James Thompson were among a ring of 20 defendants charged with buying and running high-powered firearms including Kalashnikov-type assault rifles, 5.7mm pistols and Barrett sniper rifles to the Mexican cartels.
The purchases were made in the Phoenix area from 2009 to 2010 when a bungled Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives operation allowed more than 2,000 U.S.-bought weapons to slip across the border to Mexico.
Two of those weapons were found at the spot near the Arizona-Mexico border where Border Patrol agent Brian Terry was killed during a shootout with illegal immigrants in December 2010. It was not clear, however, if those weapons fired the fatal shots.
Fast and Furious was run by the Phoenix field office of the ATF and the U.S. Attorney. Its goal was to try to track guns being smuggled from the initial purchaser to senior drug cartel members.
Avila was named as the primary defendant in the suit. According to court documents, he was recruited in November 2009 by a co-conspirator, Juan Jose Martinez-Gonzalez, to make third-party straw purchases from licensed dealers. He bought 52 firearms, including powerful .308-caliber rifles and two .50-caliber Barrett sniper rifles.
During his involvement with the ring, he became aware that the guns were intended for export to Mexico, where drug cartel violence has killed more than 50,000 people since late 2006.
All three defendants pleaded guilty to charges of conspiring to deal in firearms without a license, making false statements in acquiring a firearm and smuggling guns out of the United States.
Avila and Moore also pleaded guilty to a second count of willfully engaging in firearms dealing without a license.
Upon sentencing on June 25, they face up to 10 years in prison, while Thompson faces up to five years.
More at link.

ETA: Foxnews: Man pleads guilty to gun charges in botched probe
Everyone is using Reuters or AP.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 2:24:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Dailycaller: issa-grassley-hammer-white-house-for-stonewalling-on-fast-and-furious-witnes
The Obama administration is stonewalling two lawmakers’ requests to interview a former member of the National Security staff in connection with the failed Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking program, according to a March 28 letter obtained by The Daily Caller.

California Rep. Darrell Issa and Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, both Republicans, requested a response by April 4 to their letter, which asks for an interview with Kevin O’Reilly, that former staffer. But the White House, according to the letter, is blocking access to him.

Through staff, both Grassley and Issa confirmed to TheDC on Thursday that April 4 came and went without any response from the Obama administration.
more at link.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 11:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -m1-] [#39]
Dailycaller: issa-grassley-hammer-white-house-for-stonewalling-on-fast-and-furious-witnes
The Obama administration is stonewalling two lawmakers’ requests to interview a former member of the National Security staff in connection with the failed Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking program, according to a March 28 letter obtained by The Daily Caller.

California Rep. Darrell Issa and Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, both Republicans, requested a response by April 4 to their letter, which asks for an interview with Kevin O’Reilly, that former staffer. But the White House, according to the letter, is blocking access to him.

Through staff, both Grassley and Issa confirmed to TheDC on Thursday that April 4 came and went without any response from the Obama administration.
more at link.

Well, the DOJ *did* get an unexpected homework assignment right around that time, trying to convince the 5th Circuit Appellate court that our President actually really truly does understand the role of the SCOTUS, even though he spoke otherwise.  lmfao.   Maybe Eric was just too busy this week cleaning up another Barry mess, and forgot to call about that pesky Kevin O'Reilly thingy.

ETA - This entire Administration is a joke.  A felonious joke.

m1
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 1:38:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polymer4me] [#40]
Originally Posted By -m1-:

more at link.

Well, the DOJ *did* get an unexpected homework assignment right around that time, trying to convince the 5th Circuit Appellate court that our President actually really truly does understand the role of the SCOTUS, even though he spoke otherwise.  lmfao.   Maybe Eric was just too busy this week cleaning up another Barry mess, and forgot to call about that pesky Kevin O'Reilly thingy.

ETA - This entire Administration is a joke.  A felonious joke.

m1

"The President acted stupidly" ;-)

You're right though. The administration is a joke ... a felonious joke ... and the joke is on us ... We The People

I really wish someone in the republican leadership would bring up that 3rd weapon again. I'm sure Issa's office must have enough evidence by now to tie it all together. IMHO, that 3rd weapon could blow this entire scandal wide open, while bringing down the FBI and DEA, and possibly the DOJ as well (and maybe others too).

But that's probably the same reason why it won't be brought back up. Gotta protect the criminals

ETA - and by criminals, I mean the ones wearing the shirts and ties

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#41]
A day late, a testimony short.
Dave Workman: White House thumbs nose at Grassley, Issa over F&F request
   President Barack Obama’s White House counsel has essentially told Congressman Darrell Issa and Senator Charles Grassley to “dream on” if they think a recent request to interview former National Security Staffer Kevin O’Reilly about Operation Fast and Furious is going to happen.

The Gun Rights Examiner has obtained a copy of an April 5 letter sent to Issa and Grassley by Kathryn Ruemmler, counsel to the president. In the letter, she tells them:
Over six months ago, the White House produced documents responsive to your prior request for communications between Mr. O’Reilly and ATF agent William Newell that relate to “Operation Fast and Furious” or any ATF gun trafficking cases in Phoenix, AZ. At the time we produced these documents, you had already received many of those same documents from the Department of Justice. And what was true then remains true today: none of these limited communications between Mr. O’Reilly and Mr. Newell revealed the existence of any of the inappropriate investigative tactics at issue in your inquiry, let alone any decision to allow guns to “walk.”

Issa and Grassley, as this column reported, want to speak to O’Reilly – now assigned to a job in Iraq – about what he may have known and when he knew it, regarding Fast and Furious. Newell was forced to acknowledge that he had had some communications with O’Reilly that mentioned Fast and Furious when he testified before Issa’s House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform last July, which this column discussed.

Newell’s responses to questions from Issa and his fellow committee members became so frustrating that Issa called him the “paid non-answerer.”
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Dailycaller: chaffetz-white-house-blocking-access-to-fast-and-furious-witness-who-wants-to-testify
Utah Republican Rep. Jason Chaffetz told the Fox News Channel’s Megyn Kelly on Friday that although a key White House witness in the ill-fated Operation Fast and Furious gun-walking program is willing to testify about what he knows, the Obama administration won’t let him appear before Congress.

White House Counsel Kathryn Ruemmler sent a letter Thursday to Republican lawmakers Rep. Darrell Issa and Sen. Chuck Grassley, refusing their request to speak with Kevin O’Reilly, a former National Security staff member whose emails place him in the middle of the unfolding scandal. Issa and Grassley had written to Ruemmler on March 28, asking the White House to step aside and let O’Reilly talk to investigators.

Grassley is the GOP ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Issa chairs the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, whose members include Chaffetz.

“[O’Reilly’s] personal attorney indicated that he’s more than willing to talk to the committee, on the record, under oath”” Chaffetz told Kelly during her Friday afternoon broadcast. “It is only the White House and the White House Counsel that is saying they will not make him available.” (RELATED: Full coverage of Operation Fast and Furious)
More at link.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 6:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lumpy03] [#43]
dirty commie bastards.

they must have forgotten the old adage:

"Beware the wrath of a patient man."
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#44]

more at link.

Well at least they were smart enough not to set another spineless deadline.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Thats an interesting dynamic. O Reilly wants talk but the White House won't let him. Makes you wonder if its just posturing by the White House or does he has something damaging to say.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By miker84:

Thats an interesting dynamic. O Reilly wants talk but the White House won't let him. Makes you wonder if its just posturing by the White House or does he has something damaging to say.

Its a bunch of shit is what it is. If he really wants to talk, can the White house stop him? They didn't stop Melson

from showing up with a private attorney to talk to investigators.

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#47]
All he wants to say is "under advice of counsel I invoke my 5th Amendment rights".

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By diestone:

Originally Posted By miker84:

Its a bunch of shit is what it is. If he really wants to talk, can the White house stop him? They didn't stop Melson
from showing up with a private attorney to talk to investigators.

Three words "Vincent Walker Foster".

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#49]
It's truly ashamed that the media opted to cheerlead for Obama/Administration (including Holder) rather than do their jobs, and apply the same pressure they did to George W. Bush and his administration. Had they done that, Holder would at the very least have been thrown to the curb where he belongs with the rest of the gutter trash, and if they were especially attentive, Obama might have very well been wrapped up in this, and we wouldn't even have to give a second thought to him winning a 2nd term, even against the likes of Mittens.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:34:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WGPKlaus:
It's truly ashamed that the media opted to cheerlead for Obama/Administration (including Holder) rather than do their jobs, and apply the same pressure they did to George W. Bush and his administration. Had they done that, Holder would at the very least have been thrown to the curb where he belongs with the rest of the gutter trash, and if they were especially attentive, Obama might have very well been wrapped up in this, and we wouldn't even have to give a second thought to him winning a 2nd term, even against the likes of Mittens.

TRUTH

Compare F&F to Valerie Plame, both in what the fedgov did/did not do, and the associated media coverage.
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top