BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 537
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:

No longer in Utah, but have been following some of the politics.  If it who I am thinking of, she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UtahShotgunner:
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:

The staff of my new Congresswoman had never even heard of Fast & Furious or Brian Terry.

I might as well have just told them I was a right wing gun nut who believes in government conspiracy theories.  You could hear the eye roll on the other end of the phone.

No longer in Utah, but have been following some of the politics.  If it who I am thinking of, she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

She's actually pretty squared away, and did a great job as a mayor in Saratoga Springs.  She busted her butt to get her degree here in the US, and is a high achiever type.  In addition to being a mayor, she ran fitness classes, raised a family, and was quite active in the community at solving budget and manpower problems.

The problem here is that the media has done everything as it was told by the White House, which was to first try to ignore this, then issue WH talking points once the Oversight Committees started making a fuss.

We have the emails thanks to Judicial Watch, where WH and DOJ staffers are complaining about how Sharyl Attkisson refused to play along, "Why can't she get with the program like everyone else?"

The only difference with this case is that we now can see some of the workings behind the scenes due to uncontrolled information sharing, whereas in the past, this would have never seen the light of day.  The outcome is still the same, in that nobody is held to account, other than those who tried to expose it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/09/17/atf-whistleblowers-accuse-supervisors-of-sexual-harrassement-n2053344

At least one Senior ATF supervisor is being accused by multiple whistleblowers inside the agency of sexual harassment, preventing an independent inspector general from conducting oversight of the Bureau, intimidation and more. Another supervisor is being accused of helping to cover up harassment and intimidation. Whistleblowers have detailed the allegations to Senator Chuck Grassley, who sent a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Inspector General Horowitz about the matters late Wednesday.
"I write with concern regarding multiple allegations of sexual harassment, bullying, gender discrimination, and witness intimidation within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF). Reports of these practices have been widespread, with many originating from inside the Special Operations Division (SOD) and dating back to 2012. Special Agent SherryAnn Quindley—a 25 year ATF veteran—along with 7 other whistleblowers indicate that they have experienced some form of the above harassment and sought help from the Internal Affairs Division (ATF IAD), largely to no avail. According to these whistleblowers, it is not uncommon for allegations to be suppressed for several years, preventing the Office of the Inspector General (DOJ OIG) from properly determining whether to conduct further investigations," Grassley wrote in the letter [bolding is mine]. "Quindley says she began to experience harassment and bullying by then-SOD Deputy Chief Billy Wright in the fall of 2012. According to Quindley, Chief Wright yelled at her in front of subordinates, threatened to "break her,” and eliminated her from Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) Program meetings and emails to the OCDETF Regional Coordinators. Chief Wright also threatened to put Quindley on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) when he claimed a hospital stay prevented her from submitting travel documentation. Additionally, Chief Wright allegedly used Quindley’s battle with cancer as an excuse to marginalize her and to transfer her job duties to male counterparts."

More at link.
View Quote

This seems to be SOP for ATF.  They're the most disproportionately plagued Federal agency when it comes to sexual harassment, discrimination against race, whistleblower intimidation, career ruining, and bullying of employees.

Why anyone in their right mind would want to work for ATF bewilders me, honestly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.kvoa.com/story/30065028/n4t-investigators-judge-rules-to-keep-operation-fast-and-furious-out-of-terry-murder-trial

N4T Investigators: Judge rules to keep Operation Fast and Furious out of Terry murder trial

When a jury gathers next week for the trial of two men charged with the murder of a U.S. federal agent, it will not hear any details of how two guns found at the murder scene were part of a U.S. government-sanctioned weapon program, a federal judge has ruled.

Friday morning, U.S. District Court Judge David Bury agreed with U.S. prosecutors to keep the details of Operation Fast and Furious out of the upcoming trial for the murder of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

More at link.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

http://www.kvoa.com/story/30065028/n4t-investigators-judge-rules-to-keep-operation-fast-and-furious-out-of-terry-murder-trial

N4T Investigators: Judge rules to keep Operation Fast and Furious out of Terry murder trial

When a jury gathers next week for the trial of two men charged with the murder of a U.S. federal agent, it will not hear any details of how two guns found at the murder scene were part of a U.S. government-sanctioned weapon program, a federal judge has ruled.

Friday morning, U.S. District Court Judge David Bury agreed with U.S. prosecutors to keep the details of Operation Fast and Furious out of the upcoming trial for the murder of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry.

View Quote
More at link.

Why does that not surprise me?

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]

More at link.

View Quote

If I was the defendent's attorney, I'd be going to jail for contempt because I would be talking all about Fast and Furious.

Fuck that Judge.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/09/24/trial-for-men-accused-of-murdering-border-patrol-agent-brian-terry-underway-n2056390

The trial for Mexican nationals Ivan Soto Barraza and Lionel Portillo-Meza, who are accused of murdering Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in December 2010, is underway in Tucson this week
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Rip Crew Recruiter Given 27 years

The recruiter for the “rip crew” accused of killing Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in 2010 was sentenced to 27 years in prison Monday.

Rosario Burboa-Alvarez pleaded guilty in August to first-degree murder. As part of the plea agreement, he wasn’t going to face the death penalty.

After the hearing, Burboa-Alvarez’s attorney asked the judge to recommend that he serve his time in a facility in Southern California so he could be close to his family
View Quote

How nice of them
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kpel308:

Put him under the Communications Management Unit at the US Pen in Marion, IL.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpel308:
Originally Posted By miker84:
Rip Crew Recruiter Given 27 years

The recruiter for the “rip crew” accused of killing Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in 2010 was sentenced to 27 years in prison Monday.

Rosario Burboa-Alvarez pleaded guilty in August to first-degree murder. As part of the plea agreement, he wasn’t going to face the death penalty.

After the hearing, Burboa-Alvarez’s attorney asked the judge to recommend that he serve his time in a facility in Southern California so he could be close to his family

How nice of them

Put him under the Communications Management Unit at the US Pen in Marion, IL.

I'd let him see his family when Brian Terry's family gets to see him again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]

This seems to be SOP for ATF.  They're the most disproportionately plagued Federal agency when it comes to sexual harassment, discrimination against race, whistleblower intimidation, career ruining, and bullying of employees.

Why anyone in their right mind would want to work for ATF bewilders me, honestly.
View All Quotes
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/09/17/atf-whistleblowers-accuse-supervisors-of-sexual-harrassement-n2053344

At least one Senior ATF supervisor is being accused by multiple whistleblowers inside the agency of sexual harassment, preventing an independent inspector general from conducting oversight of the Bureau, intimidation and more. Another supervisor is being accused of helping to cover up harassment and intimidation. Whistleblowers have detailed the allegations to Senator Chuck Grassley, who sent a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Inspector General Horowitz about the matters late Wednesday.
"I write with concern regarding multiple allegations of sexual harassment, bullying, gender discrimination, and witness intimidation within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF). Reports of these practices have been widespread, with many originating from inside the Special Operations Division (SOD) and dating back to 2012. Special Agent SherryAnn Quindley—a 25 year ATF veteran—along with 7 other whistleblowers indicate that they have experienced some form of the above harassment and sought help from the Internal Affairs Division (ATF IAD), largely to no avail. According to these whistleblowers, it is not uncommon for allegations to be suppressed for several years, preventing the Office of the Inspector General (DOJ OIG) from properly determining whether to conduct further investigations," Grassley wrote in the letter [bolding is mine]. "Quindley says she began to experience harassment and bullying by then-SOD Deputy Chief Billy Wright in the fall of 2012. According to Quindley, Chief Wright yelled at her in front of subordinates, threatened to "break her,” and eliminated her from Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) Program meetings and emails to the OCDETF Regional Coordinators. Chief Wright also threatened to put Quindley on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) when he claimed a hospital stay prevented her from submitting travel documentation. Additionally, Chief Wright allegedly used Quindley’s battle with cancer as an excuse to marginalize her and to transfer her job duties to male counterparts."

More at link.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT! Now someone will lose their job for damn sure. If Brian Terry had been felt up by an ATF agent someone would have probably lost their job.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#12]
To the contrary, the ATF has a long history of not only failing to resolve sexual harassment, intimidation, and Federal EO complaints, but encourages a culture that punishes anyone who "steps out of line".

You would think that with this type of bedrock of corruption, the ATF would be reeled in by Congress.

They're despised by pretty much every demographic once you see their performance, and yet they are allowed to run wild off the reservation like it's cool. Something is really screwed up with that organization.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone else seen the rumors that are being spread about Trey Gowdy, claiming he is retiring from Congress in 2016?

His office denies them.  Interesting tactic, if that's what is going on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone else seen the rumors that are being spread about Trey Gowdy, claiming he is retiring from Congress in 2016?

His office denies them.  Interesting tactic, if that's what is going on.
View Quote

I heard them a couple months ago, ask quickly squashed by his office, and IIRC by Gowdy himself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 1:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRPF52] [#15]
My wife did a rare thing and actually turned on the cable to watch The Sound of Music with my little girls.  They got ready for bed, and I turned on guide, saw something about Secrets of Mexico's Drug War.

I turned to that, and lo and behold, they had a big expose of Fast and Furious, with a lot of interview time with Agent Dodson.

He basically laid out the timeline of how it all happened from his office, including:

* Start of the secret F&F investigation
* Being told literally to stand down when they had the most tactically advantageous moment to make the arrests before the weapons went over the border
* Asking supervisors and their supervisors what they were missing, why aren't they making arrests????
* Being told it's part of the plan for something bigger, not in your lane
* Immediately seeing a rise in murders across the border
* Watching their supervisors get nervous every time reports of cartel murders happened, hoping their guns wouldn't turn up
* Asking them what they are going to do when the guns do turn up inevitably
* Brian Terry's murder, to include on scene explanation by a retired CBP officer showing where the rip crew was and where Terry's team was
* Literally watching his supervisors try to cover up Fast & Furious involvement in Brian Terry's murder
* Dodson eventually finding out that FBI informants were the actual buyers, paid with at least $250,000 of US money to make the buys.

He basically said if you take the FBI, ATF, and DOJ out of the whole equation, it never happens.  

They also interviewed an FFL dealer that was approached and managed by the ATF to be the main conduit for straw purchases for Fast & Furious.  He says he lives in fear every day now at home, expecting someone to come any time now to finish him off.

It was actually a surprising piece of journalism in today's presstitute cesspool of disinformation and lies from corporate media.

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife did a rare thing and actually turned on the cable to watch The Sound of Music with my little girls.  They got ready for bed, and I turned on guide, saw something about Secrets of Mexico's Drug War.

I turned to that, and lo and behold, they had a big expose of Fast and Furious, with a lot of interview time with Agent Dodson.

He basically laid out the timeline of how it all happened from his office, including:

* Being told literally to stand down when they had the most tactically advantageous moment to make the arrests before the weapons went over the border
* Asking supervisors and their supervisors what they were missing, why aren't they making arrests????
* Watching their supervisors get nervous every time reports of cartel murders happened, hoping their guns wouldn't turn up
* Brian Terry's murder, to include on scene explanation by a retired CBP officer showing where the rip crew was and where Terry's team was
* Literally watching his supervisors try to cover up Fast & Furious involvement in Brian Terry's murder
* Dodson eventually finding out that FBI informants were the actual buyers, paid with at least $250,000 of US money to make the buys.

He basically said if you take the FBI, ATF, and DOJ out of the whole equation, it never happens.  

They also interviewed an FFL dealer that was approached and managed by the ATF to be the main conduit for straw purchases for Fast & Furious.  He says he lives in fear every day now at home, expecting someone to come any time now to finish him off.

It was actually a surprising piece of journalism in today's presstitute cesspool of disinformation and lies from corporate media.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_1yPUmWQAAvgYn.jpg
View Quote

Look closely at your pic.  It was BBC doing that, not the Democrat Party Propaganda Department.  Same way a lot of new here breaks from UK newspapers and we never hear a peep about it from the New York Slimes or Washington Compost.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Video in parts, the original was removed from Youtube.

Video
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_1yPUmWQAAvgYn.jpg
View Quote

Man in the pic is a good friend,  he was actually doing stuff with "Wide Receiver" which predates F&F
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By burbanite:

Video
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burbanite:

Video

From the comments.

Before Obama's Fast and Furious, it was called Wide Receiver...
-under obama it just intensified to burn his ass with "fast and furious, fast and furious" bullshit from the antiobama racistocracia...like all the other far right created conspiracies like the Iranian US embassy occupation created by the far right amerikkkan extremists in cahoots with the ayatollah ruholla khomeini to kick carter out and install the neo-liberal strapy headed by sleepy lion Ronald Reagan...
--for make benefit of dick cheney, haliburton, blackwater, donald rumsfeld republic and co...

We are doomed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump as the ATF gets another rule it likes.

One more round of executive gun control measures while the executive branch's actions throught ATF/DOJ have killed hundreds if not thousands by now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump to link this thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Facebook & Furious:

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The last time I saw Mike V, he didn't look great but still had a lot of fight in him. Sounds like he may be getting worse.

Spent pretty much all day yesterday being interviewed by a documentary filmaker.
From 10 AM to almost 8PM. Sorry I can't give you any other details but it is a fair bet that whenever the finished product comes out, I won't be around for the premiere. It was, in some measure my swan song...
View Quote

More at link

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2016/01/spent-pretty-much-all-day-yesterday.html?m=1
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#25]
The last time I saw Mike V, he didn't look great but still had a lot of fight in him. Sounds like he may be getting worse.

More at link

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2016/01/spent-pretty-much-all-day-yesterday.html?m=1
View All Quotes

Spent pretty much all day yesterday being interviewed by a documentary filmaker.
From 10 AM to almost 8PM. Sorry I can't give you any other details but it is a fair bet that whenever the finished product comes out, I won't be around for the premiere. It was, in some measure my swan song...

More at link

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Where does it say that Mr. Vanderboegh is terminally ill?
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

There are some fed agency jobs that are basically a license to steal things, pad expense accounts, and fulfill various power trip fantasies.

You can always find people that are up for that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By broadrunarms:
Where does it say that Mr. Vanderboegh is terminally ill?
View Quote

Read his blog, he's had a nasty type of cancer for years and has beaten the odds already.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:08:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hugh1] [#30]
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:

One more round of executive gun control measures while the executive branch's actions throught ATF/DOJ have killed hundreds if not thousands by now.
View Quote
The last number I saw was 300+. And this number does not include people killed with guns stolen by the cartels from direct government sales and a number that is likely included in Eric Holders 90% of cartel guns came from the US.

Edit
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm not sure why hypocrisy of Hillary saying that 0bama's gun control ideas were so great that they were her ideas vs. her State Department signing off on these Fast&Furious ITAR permits to allow this to happen hasn't been pointed out more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By hugh1:
The last number I saw was 300+. And this number does not include people killed with guns stolen by the cartels from direct government sales and a number that is likely included in Eric Holders 90% of cartel guns came from the US.

Edit
View All Quotes

Edit

Senator Grassley released the results of his inquiry (to the BATF) on the 90% claim, before the whole Fast & Furious scandal blew up.  Direct government sales were the majority of the guns in question, but the 90% number was obtained by completely ignoring the guns that the Mexican government did not bother to ask for BATF help in tracing.  Rather than 90%, it was less than (IIRC) 20%, even with the direct government sales included.  The Mexican government had no reason to ask for BATF help in tracing Soviet or Chinese manufactured firearms that had never been imported to the US.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Senator Grassley released the results of his inquiry (to the BATF) on the 90% claim, before the whole Fast & Furious scandal blew up.  Direct government sales were the majority of the guns in question, but the 90% number was obtained by completely ignoring the guns that the Mexican government did not bother to ask for BATF help in tracing.  Rather than 90%, it was less than (IIRC) 20%, even with the direct government sales included.  The Mexican government had no reason to ask for BATF help in tracing Soviet or Chinese manufactured firearms that had never been imported to the US.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Edit

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

"There is no need to balance the need against the impact that the revelation of any record could have on candor in future executive decision making, since any harm that might flow from the public revelation of the deliberations at issue here has already been self-inflicted," Jackson wrote. "The Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold. Since any harm that would flow from the disclosures sought here would be merely incremental, the records must be produced."

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

"There is no need to balance the need against the impact that the revelation of any record could have on candor in future executive decision making, since any harm that might flow from the public revelation of the deliberations at issue here has already been self-inflicted," Jackson wrote. "The Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold. Since any harm that would flow from the disclosures sought here would be merely incremental, the records must be produced."

An Obama appointee, too.  I'm sure those files have been purged by now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Just came to post that....
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:07:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hugh1] [#38]
Can one of you lawyers tell me what the statute of limitations on the crimes committed here are?

EDIT, OK, let me put it in a little better way, has the statute of limitations run out on any possible crimes committed by federal employees during operation F&F?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#40]

I was saddened when I heard Rush say the same thing on the radio yesterday.

"I mean, these are incredibly powerful weapons, folks..!" (paraphrasing)

Sure. A fifty is serious hardware, but c'mon! Comparing Mr Browning's FA creation(s) to a bolt-action .50 is disingenuous, at best - and I'd like to hear the story of the helicopter ever taken out with one.

(crickets)
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Sure. A fifty is serious hardware, but c'mon! Comparing Mr Browning's FA creation(s) to a bolt-action .50 is disingenuous, at best - and I'd like to hear the story of the helicopter ever taken out with one.

(crickets)
View All Quotes

(crickets)

Ironically, I'd hate to be in a helicopter whose rotor hub was hit with a round or two of .30-30...
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

Ironically, I'd hate to be in a helicopter whose rotor hub was hit with a round or two of .30-30...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SimonPhoto:

(crickets)

Fast and Furious, the gift that keeps on giving.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#43]

(crickets)
View All Quotes

(crickets)

There was a helo downed by gunfire in a drug raid in Mexico in 2012 or 2013.

The story was linked in this thread if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 4:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#44]

(crickets)
View All Quotes

(crickets)

Single (or two) shot?  If there was one, it would have been under the Golden BB theory... well into Earned Fluke Average territory.

Volume of fire - different story.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 12:57:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevyn] [#45]
New Information

The shooting and its aftermath is to be featured in a Sky News documentary and includes the first-ever interview given by Mr Avila.

He said in the weeks before the mission a state department travel advisory warned against all travel through Highway 57 by US embassy staff noting "that it's not worth the risk".

Mr Avila said his supervisors "ignored the warning" and sent him and Agent Zapata on the mission anyway.
View Quote

"I was vocally upset. We had heard very bad things about that stretch of road. Everybody knew I didn't want to go but I was ordered and you follow orders," said Mr Avila.

A Sky News investigation has uncovered new evidence about the guns used in the attack.

The federal bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) traced the murder weapon to a gun shop in Dallas, Texas.

The man who bought and then sold the AK-47 was a local man called Otilio Osorio. He was eventually handed a seven-year jail sentence for illegal weapon dealing.
View Quote

John Dodson, a serving ATF agent, told Sky News: "What your file clearly demonstrates is that the Osorio brothers blipped the radar long before they made the purchase of the firearm that was ultimately used to kill Jaime Zapata and injure Victor Avila.

"And I think that report documents sufficiently that they blipped the radar of such a magnitude and frequency that something should have been done before they never had the opportunity to purchase those guns that were used to kill Zapata."
View Quote

Eric Holder ...

Senator Chuck Grassley, chair of the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, told Sky News: "It's an outrage that this information wasn't given to Congress when we asked for it.

"It's an outrage that this information wasn't given to the family but the biggest outrage is that that information wasn't followed to the rest of the people that were involved and if those people were arrested for violating the law then Zapata may be alive."
View Quote

...the entire Obama justice department including SoS Clinton ...ITAR violations run amok

Link Posted: 3/25/2016 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Maybe it will get more traction this time.

But I am not getting my hopes up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

View Quote

I think we all knew those were FF guns, but at least here is some validation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Yes and keeping it in the news as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sirveaux] [#49]
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/obama-relents-in-fight-over-fast-and-furious-documents-221741

Four years after asserting executive privilege to block Congress from obtaining documents relating to a controversial federal gun trafficking investigation, President Barack Obama relented Friday, turning over to lawmakers thousands of pages of records that led to unusual House votes holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt in 2012.

In January, a federal district court judge rejected Obama's executive privilege claim over records detailing the Justice Department and White House's response to Operation Fast and Furious, a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives investigation that may have allowed as many as 2,000 firearms to pass into the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

In her ruling, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson did not turn down Obama's privilege assertion on the merits. Instead, she said authorized public disclosures about the operation in a Justice Department inspector general report essentially mooted the administration's drive to keep the records secret.

Both sides had until midnight Friday to file an appeal. Instead, the Obama administration turned over a set of documents to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

"In light of the passage of time and other considerations, such as the Department's interest in moving past this litigation and building upon our cooperative working relationship with the Committee and other Congressional committees, the Department has decided that it is not in the Executive Branch's interest to continue litigating this issue at this time," Justice Deparment legislative liaison Peter Kadzik wrote in a letter Friday to House Oversight Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah).
View Quote

More at the link.

(Also another thread here:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1856498_.html )
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Why do I get the feeling that 'Bammy is giving up the "little fish" from F&F in some sort of back room deal to protect the "big fish" running for orifice?
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top