BCM
User Panel

Page / 537
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By LaRue_Tactical:
Originally Posted By Garryowen:
http://youtu.be/Ooa98FHuaU0

Thanks Garryowen, I am going to send this out over my wires.

ML

I hope you own a parachute...
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 3:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shooter_tx] [#2]
Originally Posted By TX_M1:
Can't help but wonder if Gillette will be scapegoated or given the special David Gregory treatment.

EDIT:

Just saw this

Reese motion for new trial

"First the public learned the government withheld information from the defense during trial and only recently provided it to the defense,” the report continues. “Second, defense attorney Robert Gorence mentioned during the hearing [that] defense attorney Jason Bowles apparently may have uncovered a link between the Reese case and Operation Fast and Furious.”  

Makes you wonder what has been withheld in the Shipley case.

Posting in the Shipley thread...

Edit: That now seems to be missing...

Edit2: Nolo, you started the Shipley thread, didn't you?  What happened?  Did it go to Archive?

Edit3: Shit; thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By shooter_tx:
Can't help but wonder if Gillette will be scapegoated or given the special David Gregory treatment.

EDIT:

Just saw this

Reese motion for new trial

"First the public learned the government withheld information from the defense during trial and only recently provided it to the defense,” the report continues. “Second, defense attorney Robert Gorence mentioned during the hearing [that] defense attorney Jason Bowles apparently may have uncovered a link between the Reese case and Operation Fast and Furious.”  

Posting in the Shipley thread...

Edit: That now seems to be missing...

Edit2: Nolo, you started the Shipley thread, didn't you?  What happened?  Did it go to Archive?

Archived
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1286305_.html&page=4
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 10:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

Besides the first day of testimony that was "lost" when Shipley went to appeal his conviction?

Not to downplay that issue, but at least the defense was present and had an idea of what was going on.

What ATF and DOJ have swept under the rug is anyone's guess.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#5]
FoxNews: Fast and Furious whistleblower cleared by ATF
A key whistleblower in the Operation Fast and Furious scandal -- after being initially sidelined at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives upon coming forward -- has been cleared by his ATF bosses and is now being hailed for the "essential role" he played in exposing the program. 

ATF Special Agent John Dodson was cleared of wrongdoing pertaining to two internal investigations, according to a letter from Deputy Director Tom Brandon. Excerpts of that letter were released by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif. 

Brandon, according to the excerpts, praised Dodson for his role in bringing the botched anti-gunrunning operation to the attention of Congress. 

"I fully appreciate that you took the courageous step of going to Congress to ensure that the public learned of the flawed tactics used in Operation Fast and Furious," Brandon said, adding that he played an "essential role" in holding others at ATF accountable. 
More at link.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
A key whistleblower in the Operation Fast and Furious scandal -- after being initially sidelined at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives upon coming forward -- has been cleared by his ATF bosses and is now being hailed for the "essential role" he played in exposing the program. 

ATF Special Agent John Dodson was cleared of wrongdoing pertaining to two internal investigations, according to a letter from Deputy Director Tom Brandon. Excerpts of that letter were released by Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, and Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif. 

Brandon, according to the excerpts, praised Dodson for his role in bringing the botched anti-gunrunning operation to the attention of Congress. 

"I fully appreciate that you took the courageous step of going to Congress to ensure that the public learned of the flawed tactics used in Operation Fast and Furious," Brandon said, adding that he played an "essential role" in holding others at ATF accountable. 
More at link.

Awesome! You'll only hear about it at arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
When are they going to clear Vince Cefalu ...?

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]

More at link.

Something is going on. This just doesn't ring right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]

More at link.

So what does this mean for the Fortune/CNN hit-piece where they libeled the fuck out of him?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Kevyn:

Good question, I know he had filed an appeal of some sort over the firing, never heard a word one way or the other since then.

Originally Posted By shooter_tx:

So what does this mean for the Fortune/CNN hit-piece where they libeled the fuck out of him?

I am no lawyer, but it sure seems to help his case.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#12]

I think his suit is still winding its way through court
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#13]

I think his suit is still winding its way through court

I looked yesterday, and didn't see that he'd commented on it since it was filed.  As is smart, I'd wager.

Plenty of other stuff, though, so it's not like he's fallen off the radar entirely.  Just regarding his suit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]
there is some news to report today.  an amended complaint was filed yesterday in the Oversight v. Eric Holder lawsuit.  I will upload to scribd later and post it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:01:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By kpel308:
Thanks, Nolo.  Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

+1.

I know the thread has slowed down, but we're still reading, still hoping.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

+1.

yep, we're quietly out here.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:43:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoloContendere] [#18]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804512/First-Amended-Complaint

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804500/Exhibit-A

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804510/Exhibit-B

the “big fish” ATF had been chasing through Operation Fast and Furious (i.e.,
higher-ups in the gun trafficking ring the Department hoped to identify and
prosecute though its gun walking tactics) (a) already were known to the DEA and
FBI, and (b) actually were, or had been, on the DEA and/or FBI payrolls;

just to remind everyone.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#19]
from a footnote:

Staff of H. Comm. on Oversight and Gov’t Reform & Hon. Charles E. Grassley,
Ranking Member, S. Comm. on Judiciary, 112th Cong., Rep. on Part I of III, Fast and Furious:
The Anatomy of a Failed Operation at 167-76 (Comm. Print 2012) (”Joint Staff Report–Part
One”), available on-line at http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/7-31-12-FFPart-
I-FINAL-REPORT.pdf. The Joint Staff Report–Part One is the first of three reports
contemplated by the Committee that will address Operation Fast and Furious, the first two of
which address the Operations Component of the Committee’s investigation. Part One, released
July 31, 2012, addresses ATF’s implementation of Operation Fast and Furious. Part Two,
released October 29, 2012, addresses the “management culture at the Department [of Justice].”
Staff of H. Comm. on Oversight and Government Reform & Hon. Charles E. Grassley, Ranking
Member, S. Comm. on Judiciary, 112th Cong., Rep. on Part II of III, Fast & Furious: The
Anatomy of a Failed Operation at 10 (Comm. Print 2012) (“Joint Staff Report–Part Two”),
available on-line at http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/10-29-12-Fast-and-
Furious-The-Anatomy-of-a-Failed-Operation-Part-II-of-III-Report.pdf.

Part Three will address the Obstruction Component of the Committee’s investigation,
and its preparation is contingent on the Committee obtaining documents responsive to the Holder
Subpoena as a result of this litigation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By wmounts:

+1.

yep, we're quietly out here.    
Hopefully it's the quite before the storm.

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hedonist] [#21]
What's this?

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/fast-furious-scandal-man-claims-shot-brian-terry/story?id=18242489

A Mexican claims to be the trigger man that killed Brian Terry.

Why would he admit this?

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Hedonist:
What's this?

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/fast-furious-scandal-man-claims-shot-brian-terry/story?id=18242489

Why would he admit this?

Who knows. How strange.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#23]
What's this?

Why would he admit this?

Who knows. How strange.

Machismo?  
Mexican men do some crazy shit to prove how brave/macho/stupid they are.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Sidenote....today I received a refund from the National Center for the $$$$ that I donated  to Crowder along with a handwritten apology from an actual person there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#25]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804512/First-Amended-Complaint

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804500/Exhibit-A

http://www.scribd.com/doc/120804510/Exhibit-B

the “big fish” ATF had been chasing through Operation Fast and Furious (i.e.,
higher-ups in the gun trafficking ring the Department hoped to identify and
prosecute though its gun walking tactics) (a) already were known to the DEA and
FBI, and (b) actually were, or had been, on the DEA and/or FBI payrolls;

just to remind everyone.

So are they going to claim incompetence or corruption?

What is the statute of limitations on the criminal contempt charge?
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 11:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rara1141] [#26]
Control the story, control the outcome.

Univision has done an outstanding job with their version of the freedom of information act for Mexico.  Why is nobody talking about the 16 kids who got gunned down at a birthday party by rival cartels and serial #'s of those guns were traced to Eric n friends?

There is a paper trail now.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Matthew Boyle: HOLDER BEGS COURT TO STOP DOCUMENT RELEASE ON FAST AND FURIOUS
Attorney General Eric Holder and his Department of Justice have asked a federal court to indefinitely delay a lawsuit brought by watchdog group Judicial Watch. The lawsuit seeks the enforcement of open records requests relating to Operation Fast and Furious, as required by law.

Judicial Watch had filed, on June 22, 2012, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request seeking all documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious and “specifically [a]ll records subject to the claim of executive privilege invoked by President Barack Obama on or about June 20, 2012.”

The administration has refused to comply with Judicial Watch’s FOIA request, and in mid-September the group filed a lawsuit challenging Holder’s denial. That lawsuit remains ongoing but within the past week President Barack Obama’s administration filed what’s called a “motion to stay” the suit. Such a motion is something that if granted would delay the lawsuit indefinitely.
More at link.
Link to lawsuit
DOJ motion to Stay
(I know this lawsuit won't go anywhere, but it brings back the question of if the DOJ even attempted to comply with Issa's Sopena. Holder refused to answer this when he was before the committee.)
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 1:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]
The longer the heat is kept on the more likely it'll cause a fire. Perhaps if they were fighting more lawsuits and othr issues hey would drop their guard on one issue or another.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Attorney General Eric Holder and his Department of Justice have asked a federal court to indefinitely delay a lawsuit brought by watchdog group Judicial Watch. The lawsuit seeks the enforcement of open records requests relating to Operation Fast and Furious, as required by law.

Judicial Watch had filed, on June 22, 2012, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request seeking all documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious and “specifically [a]ll records subject to the claim of executive privilege invoked by President Barack Obama on or about June 20, 2012.”

The administration has refused to comply with Judicial Watch’s FOIA request, and in mid-September the group filed a lawsuit challenging Holder’s denial. That lawsuit remains ongoing but within the past week President Barack Obama’s administration filed what’s called a “motion to stay” the suit. Such a motion is something that if granted would delay the lawsuit indefinitely.
More at link.
Link to lawsuit
DOJ motion to Stay
(I know this lawsuit won't go anywhere, but it brings back the question of if the DOJ even attempted to comply with Issa's Sopena. Holder refused to answer this when he was before the committee.)

and holder knew nothing....

despite all the other noise right now, this FOIA request needs to go forward and not get lost...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By heron163:

Judicial Watch had filed, on June 22, 2012, a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request seeking all documents relating to Operation Fast and Furious and "specifically [a]ll records subject to the claim of executive privilege invoked by President Barack Obama on or about June 20, 2012.”

The administration has refused to comply with Judicial Watch’s FOIA request, and in mid-September the group filed a lawsuit challenging Holder’s denial. That lawsuit remains ongoing but within the past week President Barack Obama’s administration filed what’s called a "motion to stay” the suit. Such a motion is something that if granted would delay the lawsuit indefinitely.
More at link.

Link to lawsuit

DOJ motion to Stay

and holder knew nothing....

despite all the other noise right now, this FOIA request needs to go forward and not get lost...

Oh, there's no way Holder knew nothing, it was an OCDETF investigation, those are approved by him and supervised by an assistant Attorney General.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rara1141:
Control the story, control the outcome.

Univision has done an outstanding job with their version of the freedom of information act for Mexico.  Why is nobody talking about the 16 kids who got gunned down at a birthday party by rival cartels and serial #'s of those guns were traced to Eric n friends?

There is a paper trail now.

Conveniently overlooked by the media. The same media that claims we can't be trusted to own or carry firearms

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LoneWolf545:
Oh, there's no way Holder knew nothing, it was an OCDETF investigation, those are approved by him and supervised by an assistant Attorney General.  

Strange how Holder and OIG Horowitz read the same OCDETF applications and came to different conclusions.  Incompetent or lying, which is it?

More proof DOJ not prosecuting existing gun laws
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#33]
ATF Director-Nominee B. Todd Jones was apparently more of a player in F&F than he has been credited for.

Jones Implicated In Planning F&F

As time passes, more and more of the information contained in memos the DOJ is shielding is being exposed.

Which, again, begs the questions; How much did Barry know? When did he know?

Again, IF Barry was "out of the loop", who on his administrative staff and among his advisor's knew?

Again, why hasn't Kevin O'Reilly been deposed?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#34]
What's this?

Why would he admit this?

He trying to put a bigger price on his head.

In Mexico, he's a walking dead man. With interest from the FBI, he's bought himself time and maybe a relocation with more protection.

He has nothing to lose by making the claim and much to gain.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#35]
ATF Director-Nominee B. Todd Jones was apparently more of a player in F&F than he has been credited for.

Jones Implicated In Planning F&F

As time passes, more and more of the information contained in memos the DOJ is shielding is being exposed.

Which, again, begs the questions; How much did Barry know? When did he know?

Again, IF Barry was "out of the loop", who on his administrative staff and among his advisor's knew?

Again, why hasn't Kevin O'Reilly been deposed?

I hope that nomination fires up even more whistle blowers.  

I am guessing they are waiting for the executive privilege lawsuit to play out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#36]
1) So where is the amicus curiae in support of the plaintiff?  

2) Perhaps there should be a defamation suit against Obama for his statements on Univision?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#37]
This is from another thread, but know many are tracking this thread and the other may not stay up front long.  

H.Res. 35: Expressing no confidence in the Attorney General of the United States and calling for his immediate resignation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#38]
These fucking dirt bags play like criminals. Lying, stalling, bullshitting, palying their cards one after another just for their amusement and to waste our time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#39]

+1.

Yep.  Sad that we've hit 500 pages and these crooks aren't in jail, but it's good to know people are still fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Lanny Breuer is a free agent, I wonder which bank he's going to work for now that he has "stepped down" from the DOJ....

Lanny A. Breuer is leaving the Justice Department after leading the agency’s efforts to clamp down on public corruption and financial fraud at the nation’s largest banks, according to several people familiar with the matter.

As one of the longest-serving heads of the criminal division, Breuer’s tenure has been filled with controversy and high-profile prosecutions. He was admonished for his role in the agency’s botched attempt to infiltrate weapon-smuggling rings in the operation dubbed Fast and Furious. And he has been accused of being soft on Wall Street for failing to throw senior bank executives behind bars for their role in the financial crisis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/doj-criminal-division-chief-stepping-down/2013/01/23/e4331e32-64e0-11e2-b84d-21c7b65985ee_story.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:
Lanny Breuer is a free agent, I wonder which bank he's going to work for now that he has "stepped down" from the DOJ....

Lanny A. Breuer is leaving the Justice Department after leading the agency’s efforts to clamp down on public corruption and financial fraud at the nation’s largest banks, according to several people familiar with the matter.

As one of the longest-serving heads of the criminal division, Breuer’s tenure has been filled with controversy and high-profile prosecutions. He was admonished for his role in the agency’s botched attempt to infiltrate weapon-smuggling rings in the operation dubbed Fast and Furious. And he has been accused of being soft on Wall Street for failing to throw senior bank executives behind bars for their role in the financial crisis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/doj-criminal-division-chief-stepping-down/2013/01/23/e4331e32-64e0-11e2-b84d-21c7b65985ee_story.html

Brian Terry is still dead because of their incompetence. This thread is approaching its two year old mark and NONE have been indicted.  No lawyers have even been disbarred for their counseling to commit crimes. Unreal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Under the radar.

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Brian Terry is still dead because of their incompetence. This thread is approaching its two year old mark and NONE have been indicted.  No lawyers have even been disbarred for their counseling to commit crimes. Unreal.

I was wondering the other day what became of the Holder bar complaint, I guess nothing.

Seems like neither cartels or ATF personnel is being prosecuted for ITAR violations.  Or is that another gun law that they don't prosecute unless you are a profitable company that can pay big fines?  

When will they start prosecutions for ITAR violations?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I just read that Lanny was leaving DOJ.  I had to dig 20 pages into GD to find this thread.  My, how times have changed.  I can't help but thing we've lost the battle.   I invested a chunk of my life into this thread.  Most of you reading this right now invested much, much more than I.  I am saddened by this.  I am saddened even further by what has gone on since F&F.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:54:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Chairman Issa on Resignation of Lanny Breuer January 24, 2013
WASHINGTON – Today, Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa released the following statement on news of the impending resignation of Justice Department’s Criminal Division head, Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer: 

“Lanny Breuer’s resignation is long overdue,” Chairman Issa said. “Breuer was at the heart of several critical failures in Operation Fast and Furious:  he knew about reckless tactics, failed to take seriously allegations that they were continuing, and only owned up to his failures once they were publicly exposed.

“The Inspector General’s report admonished Breuer for failing to inform the Deputy Attorney General or the Attorney General when he learned, in April 2010, that the reckless tactic of gunwalking was used in a prior operation.  Furthermore, several of Breuer’s top deputies authorized sensitive wiretap applications under Breuer’s authority that, according to the OIG report, contained stark, incontrovertible evidence of the exact same gunwalking tactic.  Had Breuer taken any action whatsoever, Fast and Furious would have ended eight months sooner than it did. This resignation paves the way for needed new leadership in the Criminal Division.”

With Breuer’s resignation, the three highest ranking DOJ officials whom the DOJ Inspector General criticized in his September 2012 report on Operation Fast and Furious – former Acting Deputy Attorney General Gary Grindler, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Jason Weinstein, and Breuer – have now left the Department in the wake of the report’s release.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Chairman Issa on Resignation of Lanny Breuer January 24, 2013
WASHINGTON – Today, Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa released the following statement on news of the impending resignation of Justice Department’s Criminal Division head, Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer: 

“Lanny Breuer’s resignation is long overdue,” Chairman Issa said. “Breuer was at the heart of several critical failures in Operation Fast and Furious:  he knew about reckless tactics, failed to take seriously allegations that they were continuing, and only owned up to his failures once they were publicly exposed.

“The Inspector General’s report admonished Breuer for failing to inform the Deputy Attorney General or the Attorney General when he learned, in April 2010, that the reckless tactic of gunwalking was used in a prior operation.  Furthermore, several of Breuer’s top deputies authorized sensitive wiretap applications under Breuer’s authority that, according to the OIG report, contained stark, incontrovertible evidence of the exact same gunwalking tactic.  Had Breuer taken any action whatsoever, Fast and Furious would have ended eight months sooner than it did. This resignation paves the way for needed new leadership in the Criminal Division.”

With Breuer’s resignation, the three highest ranking DOJ officials whom the DOJ Inspector General criticized in his September 2012 report on Operation Fast and Furious – former Acting Deputy Attorney General Gary Grindler, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Jason Weinstein, and Breuer – have now left the Department in the wake of the report’s release.

No discussion about criminal charges?

Perjury for lying to Congress?

I guess getting guns to the Mexican drug gangs isn't as important as steroids in baseball.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#48]
I wondered if these guys were hanging on because they would lack a taxpayer funded legal team if they resigned.

Wonder if a deal was made to protect them if they did leave.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Garryowen:
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
No discussion about criminal charges?

Perjury for lying to Congress?

I guess getting guns to the Mexican drug gangs isn't as important as steroids in baseball.

The hypocrisy is staggering. What do I tell my kids? How do I explain this?

Read them Animal Farm.  Make them aware of where this road leads, and get them active in doing everything they can to use your story to get us on the next exit ramp, and turned back to a nation of laws and not of men.
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top