Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2011 2:58:59 PM EDT
I bought some Beef Fillet the other day, some where around the 3rd or the 2nd. The expiration date was the 4th and I took it home and froze it from the store, it seemed like a screaming deal for like 6.00 for a 1.5 pnd portion. I am just curious as to if this is safe to eat, and second how I should cook this? I have a few options microwave (don't think I'll do this one), toaster over (won't do this unless there is a good reason), stove top, and or in the oven(cooked on aluminum foil on the racks, have no baking sheets or pans). Its unthawing right now, and am guessing about 7 or eight it will be cooking time, so should I put a punch of barbecue sauce on it, its already flavored with pepper and blood.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Make an envelope for it out of the foil. Cube up potatoes, onions and carrots. Put the veggies and meat in the envelope and seal it up punch a few holes in the top and put in oven at 350. When the taters are soft remove and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Make an envelope for it out of the foil. Cube up potatoes, onions and carrots. Put the veggies and meat in the envelope and seal it up punch a few holes in the top and put in oven at 350. When the taters are soft remove and enjoy.

I like this, uses what I have and normally use. Thanks I'll just leave the pepper seasoning on it, and then throw more black pepper and maybe some olive oil on it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Google "Au Poivre"
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Dibs on guns, ammo, optics and truck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If its unthawing, you're gonna have a tough time cooking a frozen steak.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
It will be fine.  Beef only continues to become better, up until the very moment it turns green.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dibs on guns, ammo, optics and truck.

Thats ok you don't get my snap on tools, or my carhartts.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its soaking in hot water
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It will be fine.  Beef only continues to become better, up until the very moment it turns green.

If I cut it up and cook it black with that fix that issue? Its not looking bad or even green or brown really, but that is for future reference.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its soaking in hot water

Not sure if serious?! The fuck!

Anyway

Should have let it defrost in the fridge overnight. Sit out at room temp for awhile.

Rub with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Place in a slamming hot pan and sear both sides till crusty. Finish in the oven till 120 degrees then let rest for 5 minutes. While resting, sautee some shallots and garlic in the same pan you seared the steaks in. deglaze with red wine and a little balsamic. season with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper then finish the sauce with a pad of butter.

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its soaking in hot water

WHAT THE HELL? You're NOT supposed to do that sort of thing to MEAT.

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Google "Au Poivre"

au poivre FTMFW

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
It's better to defrost it under running COLD water.  Geez.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sealed tight in a zip lock bag
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

not if he's gonna uncook it
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sealed tight in a zip lock bag

Place it in a ziplock bag and remove as much air as you can. Then submerse it in cool water. Do not cook it until it has reached room temperature.

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not if he's gonna uncook it

After seeing his dinner pic thread, he would have been better off.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top