Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2010 5:34:59 AM EDT
I just prepped the bird and put it in the oven.  It's a Honeysuckle White, good name brand turkey.  There were no giblets stuffed inside!!!  How am I supposed to make my gravy???  
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just prepped the bird and put it in the oven.  It's a Honeysuckle White, good name brand turkey.  There were no giblets stuffed inside!!!  How am I supposed to make my gravy???  

Are you positive? I thought this about my turkey this year too but then found them stuffed in the top of the breast/neck area instead of in the cavity like I was expecting.

ETA: Oven cooked turkey = Smoked or deep fried FTW!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Proper turkey gravy, stuffing, and dressing has to contain them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you positive? I thought this about my turkey this year too but then found them stuffed in the top of the breast/neck area instead of in the cavity like I was expecting.

Yup.  I checked both ends thoroughly.  I found the neck, but no giblets.  Dammit!  I want my giblets!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
go outside and find a cat.

HAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
go outside and find a cat.

Solid advice right here.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I checked both ends thoroughly.  I found the neck, but no giblets.  Dammit!  I want my giblets!  

Well, at least you're ready for your job interview at TSA.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:45:30 AM EDT
[#8]
One of my Honey Suckle Turkeys Had two giblet packs in it.  I got yours Bro.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
They stuff the guts back down the neck-hole..

My turkey was like this..just dig the skin flap back..and the giblets are in a little white paper pouch that looks like skin....won't hurt to just leave them in...will cook up in the sack.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
The pack can be elusive. I've cooked up at least two of them and didn't find them until I carved the bird.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is how our Honeysuckle turkey was.  I did the exact same thing, I was like, "wtf, where's the nasties at?  I have a neck....and no nasties....."  Then, as I was washing the inside of it out at the neck area, there was the pouch.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

mine were also stuffed upwards in that void on the breast covered by the neck skin and NOT in the body cavity of the bird. However the neck was found in the body cavity

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
yep in the neck
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Last year I cooked my first turkey and I had heard lots of stories about people accidentally cooking the giblet packet inside so I wasn't going to let it happen to me.  I found a packet in mine and pulled it out and then proceeded to cook the turkey.  Then when I was carving it I ran into another pouch  Apparently the pouch I took out was some kind of gravy mix, and the other one was the actual giblets.  Best turkey I've ever tasted though!
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One of my Honey Suckle Turkeys Had two giblet packs in it.  I got yours Bro.

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably it went trough TSA security check and they take it's junk, like American's public.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

sorry bro tossed mine woulda shipped em happy t day
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
The bag on my Honeysuckle turkey states the following "Turkey may or may not contain giblets".  Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
maybe you got a lemon....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Check the neck. If they're not there.....
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#21]
My Zacky had a neck but no gibblets.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine had two necks and a bag of giblets....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Some turkeys don't come with giblets. I forget which brand it was, but even on the label it stated "May Come with Giblets". Started noticing this about 2 yrs ago. Seems to happen on the lower priced birds, and not the more expensive/premium brands.
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe it was a test tube turkey.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#25]
If I was doing a turkey, you could have mine. Giblets =
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top