Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2010 9:26:32 PM EDT
Just got back from the grocery store.  There was guy at the self check out (with the crack/meth head look) that was buying what must have been 100+ bottles of rubbing alcohol.

That's gotta be something with drugs, right?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Some Common Meth Ingredients
Alcohol -
Gasoline additives/Rubbing   Alcohol
Ether (starting fluid)                
Benzene
Paint thinner                    
Freon                            
Acetone                  
Chloroform
Camp stove fuel
Anhydrous ammonia
White gasoline
Pheynl-2-Propane
Phenylacetone
Phenylpropanolamine
Rock, table or Epsom salt        Red Phosphorous
   Toluene (found in  brake cleaner)
    Red Devil Lye
    Drain cleaner
    Muraitic acid
    Battery acid
    Lithium from batteries
    Sodium metal
    Ephedrine
    Cold tablets
    Diet aids
    Iodine
    Bronchodialators
    Energy boosters
    Iodine crystals

http://www.mappsd.org/Meth%20Ingredients.htm

Could be.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got back from the grocery store.  There was guy at the self check out (with the crack/meth head look) that was buying what must have been 100+ bottles of rubbing alcohol.

Yep I got carded when I bought cough syrup and sleeping pills of all things. Like a young clean shaven guy wearing a cowboy hat and ems gear is going to be cooking dope.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep I got carded when I bought cough syrup and sleeping pills of all things. Like a young clean shaven guy wearing a cowboy hat and ems gear is going to be cooking dope.

Hell, I am a middle-aged man in an expensive suit and I have to present my driver's license for my identity to be recorded and give my signature to buy a box of 12 Sudafed tablets.

Sweet land of liberty, ain't it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Alcohol -

Could be.

Looks that way...  Should have tailed him and found out where he went from there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought every bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol a safeway in Austin had (20+ bottles) for mixing copious amounts of case lube.

Nobody carded me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to buy around 10 bottles every 6 months or so when I was custom building a bunch of model trains.  it works wonders for stripping the paint off those damn Kato locomotives.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Did he pay with his straw?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought every bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol a safeway in Austin had (20+ bottles) for mixing copious amounts of case lube.

Nobody carded me.

???? Enlighten me please.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

That's all dillon case lube is.  Liquid lanolin thinned with isopropyl alcohol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did he pay with his straw?

Holy Crap.

Deej has a competitor!
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

Looking at the guy, I kinda don't think he was a reloader.  You never know, though...
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
yes there is a recipe tht uses said product
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's poisonous, flammable, explosive, reactive or volatile, it's used to make meth.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

So where do we get the lanolin cheap?

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

Look it up on nextag.  Cheapest right now looks like $4.19 for a 4 oz bottle.  Search "liquid lanolin."

1 bottle of that plus a 16 oz bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Pour into a spray bottle and shake it up. Should make enough lube for 50k+ cases.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

Look it up on nextag.  Cheapest right now looks like $4.19 for a 4 oz bottle.  Search "liquid lanolin."

1 bottle of that plus a 16 oz bottle of 99% isopropyl alcohol. Pour into a spray bottle and shake it up. Should make enough lube for 50k+ cases.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I have a feeling you frequent govliquidation.com.....
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I have a feeling you frequent govliquidation.com.....

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's the recipe, I could use some quick cash.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

Well that would last me about 10 years.

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dealing with a bunch of strung out meth heads does not sound like a very good way to make money.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are being sarcastic.

The problem with our paternalistic government is that they don't believe that the common American can exercise his/her own discretion. It's very likely that the counter person could have lost his/her job for failing to card you.

Here in New Mexico, you have to have a take a class, and get a special license, just to sell alcohol. NOT to open a liquor store, mind you (although that is required, too) but to simply take the customer's money! It's illegal to sell alcohol to anyone without this license–– and it is a major fine and loss of license if you get caught selling to anyone who is prohibited.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and a few years in prison ? u like surprise butt secks
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol -

Could be.

Looks that way...  Should have tailed him and found out where he went from there.

MYOFB
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol -

Could be.

MYOFB

Since you don't take stock in your own advice, why should I follow it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I got carded in DE buying Krylon camo paint at Walmart.
They have a huffer law.
I refused to have my DL swiped and the sale proceeded.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody carded me.

I'll be damned...

Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol -

Could be.

MYOFB

All I'm saying is that if you're not affected by it, why worry over it? It's either going to be him cooking meth or some other shit stain.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol -

Could be.

MYOFB

All I'm saying is that if you're not affected by it, why worry over it? It's either going to be him cooking meth or some other shit stain.

Suppose he's cooking it in the house next door to you?  Got kids?  Care if they get blown up?

I think better than half of the criminal problems in this country could be taken care of if people didn't MYOB.  I'll MMOB if my neighbors boinking the checkout girl behind his wife's back, but the minute he starts building ANFO bombs in his garage, I'm not.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#29]
he was making bootleg Dillon case lube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top