Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
It's possible.
Olympic Arms used to do it before the A3 came out.  I bought one and built a very accurate varmint rifle on it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just get a dremel and remove material.

go slow, it will be alright.

Since you've already got the dremel out - Have you ever thought about barrel flutes?

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just get a dremel and remove material.

go slow, it will be alright.

Since you've already got the dremel out - Have you ever thought about barrel flutes?

Don't stop there... go all the way by "bedding the gasblock with loctite"
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You should totally have someone look at your toes.  That's not normal at all.  

I noticed that, too!
They should be facing the other way, shouldn't they?  
As for the fur and the long pointy toenails, I can't really say, as I'm not a licensed podiatrist...
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Not that it couldn't be done, but the work involved would be more costly then just buying a new upper.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I say dremel it

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Brought to you by Dick Swan.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I say dremel it

+1
and post pics
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Seriously, get a blem upper from LAR for $48 .

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Not only can it be done, as others have pointed out, it has been done. Back in the dark ages when flattops were rare (and pretty much non-existent if you had an SP1), SSK was offering its carry handle conversion. The rail height was set for use with the new-at-the-time Ultradot RDS, offering a lower third cowitness with the factory irons. SSK builds some very hard-kicking "hand cannons", and recommended the Ultradot as being very rugged. Battery life is nowhere as good as with a modern RDS, but mine still holds zero, and works fine after thousands of rounds of FA fire. Just like with early hot rodding, if someone didn't sell what you needed, you made it. Now pretty much any accessory you want is available at the click of a mouse, but sometimes I do miss the old days.

BTW, this "relic" also has a Rhino Gas Piston System, circa the late '80's. So far, the dreaded carrier-tilt has not destroyed anything.

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not only can it be done, as others have pointed out, it has been done. Back in the dark ages when flattops were rare (and pretty much non-existent if you had an SP1), SSK was offering its carry handle conversion. The rail height was set for use with the new-at-the-time Ultradot RDS, offering a lower third cowitness with the factory irons. SSK builds some very hard-kicking "hand cannons", and recommended the Ultradot as being very rugged. Battery life is nowhere as good as with a modern RDS, but mine still holds zero, and works fine after thousands of rounds of FA fire. Just like with early hot rodding, if someone didn't sell what you needed, you made it. Now pretty much any accessory you want is available at the click of a mouse, but sometimes I do miss the old days.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/Ultradotleft.jpg

BTW, this "relic" also has a Rhino Gas Piston System, circa the late '80's. So far, the dreaded carrier-tilt has not destroyed anything.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/rhino1.jpg

pics of the whole rifle please!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/Ultradotleft.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/strela_photos/rhino1.jpg
That's hawt!!!

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you shitting me?

shoulda been the first post
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Dremel tool + JB Weld + piece of rail. You should be able to get all of that at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 2:54:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LAR
Link Posted: 11/16/2010 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LAR

LAR Grizzley , LAR Manufacturing inc . . .

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top