Site Notices
11/24/2014 4:59:23 PM
Author
Walking The Earth
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:13:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 6:24:48 PM EST by VA-gunnut]
So I finally got around to watching 'Stargate SG-1' since it's streaming on Netflix. Decent series.

However, I thought it was made for network TV? Imagine my surprise when I'm watching the pilot episode and this 5 minute scene with Daniel's wife comes on:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Is there more titty in store further along the series, or was it just the pilot that showed flesh?

Nice boobies, BTW. Needs less bush, though.
I have transcended ego. I am without form, a void. Neither vessel nor substance. No beginning, no end. Nothing and everything.
Grug
Border Jumper
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:14:18 PM EST
yeah I just saw that episode a month ago as well, was wondering the same thing about the shot. Did this not air on TV?
Posted by Stealthyblagga:

Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.
Lancelot
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:15:10 PM EST
Just this one. The later "remade" the episode and deleted those scenes.

They were stupid scenes that added nothing to the plot, and ruined it for a lot of people.
Join us at The Colorado AR-15 Shooters Site: www.co-ar15.com
Local
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:17:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 5:40:59 PM EST by Local]
The series was initially on cinemax showtime before it moved to sci/fi. The nudity was at the insistence of the channel, not the show.

The pilot was the only episode with any nudity. No idea if any more was ever shot, but it never aired.

metalsaber
The Mysterious Stranger
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:18:02 PM EST
Keep in mind the 1st season aired on Cinemax or one of the movie channels. It didn't start on network or cable.
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
Silence
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:18:40 PM EST
Showtime forced them to put it in, since the network wanted it to be an adult oriented show.

People whined.

So no more boobies.
Nexus6
More human than human
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:18:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Keep in mind the 1st season aired on Cinemax or one of the movie channels. It didn't start on network or cable.

Showtime. 1st season of SG1 was on Showtime.
"Lady, people aren't chocolates... Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
metalsaber
The Mysterious Stranger
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:19:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 5:20:02 PM EST by metalsaber]

Originally Posted By Nexus6:

I figured it was one of the movie channels. Been a long time. Oh and Samantha carter is HOT.
I bought all this equipment. What do you mean that the dead AREN'T coming back to life?
70satvert
Roll with duct tape and ride with a Mac
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:25:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Silence:
Showtime forced them to put it in, since the network wanted it to be an adult oriented show.

People whined.

So no more boobies.

Who whines about boobies?
Visualize grilled cheese.
http://www.mississippimeteorology.com/
tc556guy
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:27:36 PM EST

ActuallyI think it went 2 or 3 seasons on cable first before sci fi picked it up. It was the only reason I subscribed to that channel.
*post contains personal opinion only and should not be considered information released in an official capacity*
Vel87
Florida Native
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:29:18 PM EST
I believe Showtime had it for five seasons before it wqs picked up by SciFi
Evil_ATF
Walking The Earth
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:32:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By Vel87:
I believe Showtime had it for five seasons before it wqs picked up by SciFi

Showtime has had a few decent series that they let slip through their fingers. 'Jeremiah' comes to mind...streaming Season One now.
I have transcended ego. I am without form, a void. Neither vessel nor substance. No beginning, no end. Nothing and everything.
Silence
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:38:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By 70satvert:

People whined.

So no more boobies.

The same type of person that whines about booth babes...

Dragracer
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:47:19 PM EST
It was mildly surprising if you started watching the series then went back to watch the pilot.

But I survived.

You will get to another scene in a bit......
For those who get it no explanation is necessary. For those who don't no explanation is possible.
E-Mag
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 5:48:16 PM EST
IBTL
The right of the people to keep and bear shall never be infringed , limited, rescinded, interfered with, or prohibited by any decree of law, decision by court, or policy by the executive branch or any of its agencies. And this time, we mean it
RABIDFOX50
EMBRACE THE SUCK
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 6:13:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:
So I finally got around to watching 'Stargate SG-1' since it's streaming on Netflix. Decent series.

However, I thought it was made for network TV? Imagine my surprise when I'm watching the pilot episode and this 5 minute scene with Daniel's wife comes on:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/Evil_ATF/BBS%20Replies/tn-jc_vaitiare_bandera_01.jpg

Is there more titty in store further along the series, or was it just the pilot that showed flesh?

First aired on SHOWTIME. Full frontal friendly cable network.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." -Wyatt Earp

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Support our Troops and LEOs.
Evil_ATF
Walking The Earth
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:41:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By E-Mag:
IBTL

I blurred out the titties and kitties!
Jmmoney
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:42:30 PM EST

IBTL

Kitties? As in plural? More than one?
Dave_A
SPC/ARNG. 19K
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:45:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 8:47:43 PM EST by Dave_A]

Edited...VA-gunnut

The pilot aired on Showtime.

So it had boobies...

The rest of the series was intended to be syndicated on broadcast, so no titties...

Then SciFi got it, so especially no titties.

Originally Posted by N1Rampage: I'd pay them to abort and give them chauffeur service to the clinics if I could. I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro-abortion.

(Much worse than saying 'Anonymity is not a Right')
70satvert
Roll with duct tape and ride with a Mac
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:47:18 PM EST

IBTL

So do bikinis...just sayin'.
Visualize grilled cheese.
http://www.mississippimeteorology.com/
Miami_JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 8:49:21 PM EST
I have all ten seasons on DVD. The first three seasons were on Showtime. Sci-Fi channel picked it up after that. WB aired the episodes one season behind Sci-Fi for a while when it was on syndication.

Miss that show. Got a SBR PS90 because of it.

Oh, Amanda Tapping was hot.

So was Catherine Bell from JAG.
“A man ought to do what he thinks is right” - John Wayne

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson
crusherdestroyer
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:05:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 9:05:36 PM EST by crusherdestroyer]
Showtime makes me want to strangle babies.
Big bush lets them have a full frontal without really showing anything.
nsw8148
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:05:42 PM EST

People whined.

So no more boobies.

Faggots and jealous women

Makes the world a sad place for those that enjoy to look at those wonderful globes of, well....... wonderfulness
"Government is just welfare for people who can't put out their own fires."
isa268
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:06:46 PM EST
no after the pilot the series went to comedy central then syfy.
Dave_A
SPC/ARNG. 19K
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:07:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 9:07:52 PM EST by Dave_A]

People whined.

So no more boobies.

The FCC.
Originally Posted by N1Rampage: I'd pay them to abort and give them chauffeur service to the clinics if I could. I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro-abortion.

JohnMikerson
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:08:09 PM EST
who got naked? THE PICS ARE DOWN
ALWAYS THINK FORFEITURE
kitwulfen
Haters Gonna Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:10:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

ActuallyI think it went 2 or 3 seasons on cable first before sci fi picked it up. It was the only reason I subscribed to that channel.

First 5 seasons were on Showtime before Sci-Fi picked it up, IIRC. Jack sometimes makes references to the channel (E.G., "I wonder if they get Showtime," in the Season 1 Finale.) Definitely could've used some full frontal of Carter/steamy shower scene. And the female Doctor. Preferably together.
Not a girl.
Evil_ATF
Walking The Earth
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:10:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By JohnMikerson:

Daniel's wife. I've only seen half of Season One so far, so I don't know how big of a role she plays in the long run...if any.

F4Squid
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:11:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By crusherdestroyer:

Abydos was a few thousand years behind earth tech wise, no one invented razor blades or waxing there yet.
kitwulfen
Haters Gonna Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:11:57 PM EST

The female airman that was kidnapped at the beginning of the Pilot; we get to see her breasts. Sha're, Daniel Jackson's wife; full frontal nudity.
Not a girl.
Dave_A
SPC/ARNG. 19K
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:13:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By F4Squid:
Originally Posted By crusherdestroyer:

Abydos was a few thousand years behind earth tech wise, no one invented razor blades or waxing there yet.

I was going to say... Shaving and stone-age cultures don't mix... Especially 'there'...

Tony-Ri
John Galt is The Stig
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:14:08 PM EST
Children of the Gods on Hulu has it edited out. The new Special Edition also did, but they also cut the MacGyver reference.

It was inconsistent with the rest of the show and was just there to keep the skinemax people happy. There was never any more for the 5 season it was on premium cable.
Home schooling doesn't make you socially inept, it just makes you awesome enough to do shit people remember centuries later. ~ Frost7
Evil_ATF
Walking The Earth
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:14:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By kitwulfen:

The female airman that was kidnapped at the beginning of the Pilot; we get to see her breasts. Sha're, Daniel Jackson's wife; full frontal nudity.

I must have been refilling my drink when the Airman got nekkidized. All I saw were Mrs. Jackson's lungs and fur.
Dave_A
SPC/ARNG. 19K
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:15:22 PM EST

The scene where Apophis is 'evaluating' women to pick the one who will host his 'mate'... Was originally a nude scene...

Evil_ATF
Walking The Earth
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:15:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

I was going to say... Shaving and stone-age cultures don't mix... Especially 'there'...

Her legs were shaved. Pits were shaved. There's no excuse for doing a job half-assed, Soldier.
kitwulfen
Haters Gonna Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:17:48 PM EST

The scene where Apophis is 'evaluating' women to pick the one who will host his 'mate'... Was originally a nude scene...

Technically, Apophis was not evaluating them, the Goa'uld that was ready to take a host and become his queen was the one that was evaluating them.
Not a girl.
Gripy
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:21:04 PM EST

Technically, Apophis was not evaluating them, the Goa'uld that was ready to take a host and become his queen was the one that was evaluating them.

Apophis was the snake in the head.
kitwulfen
Haters Gonna Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:26:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gripy:

And Apophis wasn't doing the choosing. There was a female Jaffa there with a Goa'uld poking out of her belly that looked the nude airman and Sha're up and down, evaluating them as hosts, while Apophis asks, "Does she please you, my love?"
Not a girl.
F4Squid
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:36:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gripy:

And Apophis wasn't doing the choosing. There was a female Jaffa there with a Goa'uld poking out of her belly that looked the nude airman and Sha're up and down, evaluating them as hosts, while Apophis asks, "Does she please you, my love?"

Amaunet
Tony-Ri
John Galt is The Stig
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/5/2010 9:46:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2010 9:46:44 PM EST by Tony-Ri]
Home schooling doesn't make you socially inept, it just makes you awesome enough to do shit people remember centuries later. ~ Frost7
tc556guy
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2010 4:38:56 AM EST

Her legs were shaved. Pits were shaved. There's no excuse for doing a job half-assed, Soldier.

Shaving everything has been a relatively recent American trend. The episode was filmed back around 1996 or so. That was probably on the cusp of the shift.
*post contains personal opinion only and should not be considered information released in an official capacity*
skunk-ape
Some men...you just can't reach
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2010 4:41:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2010 4:44:19 AM EST by skunk-ape]

Edited...VA-gunnut

That just happened to me this weekend with the kids in the room

I never saw that coming.

Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean.
I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
grumpalicious
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/6/2010 4:52:42 AM EST
And suddenly there was a spike in Netflix subscriptions and SG-1 Pilot Episode downloads...