Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2010 6:13:23 PM EDT
So I finally got around to watching 'Stargate SG-1' since it's streaming on Netflix. Decent series.

However, I thought it was made for network TV? Imagine my surprise when I'm watching the pilot episode and this 5 minute scene with Daniel's wife comes on:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Is there more titty in store further along the series, or was it just the pilot that showed flesh?

Nice boobies, BTW. Needs less bush, though.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah I just saw that episode a month ago as well, was wondering the same thing about the shot. Did this not air on TV?
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The series was initially on cinemax showtime before it moved to sci/fi. The nudity was at the insistence of the channel, not the show.

The pilot was the only episode with any nudity. No idea if any more was ever shot, but it never aired.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep in mind the 1st season aired on Cinemax or one of the movie channels.  It didn't start on network or cable.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Showtime forced them to put it in, since the network wanted it to be an adult oriented show.

People whined.

So no more boobies.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Keep in mind the 1st season aired on Cinemax or one of the movie channels.  It didn't start on network or cable.  

Showtime.  1st season of SG1 was on Showtime.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured it was one of the movie channels.  Been a long time.  Oh and Samantha carter is HOT.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Showtime forced them to put it in, since the network wanted it to be an adult oriented show.

People whined.

So no more boobies.

Who whines about boobies?
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ActuallyI think it went 2 or 3 seasons on cable first before sci fi picked it up. It was the only reason I subscribed to that channel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe Showtime had it for five seasons before it wqs picked up by SciFi
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I believe Showtime had it for five seasons before it wqs picked up by SciFi

Showtime has had a few decent series that they let slip through their fingers. 'Jeremiah' comes to mind...streaming Season One now.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People whined.

So no more boobies.

The same type of person that whines about booth babes...

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
It was mildly surprising if you started watching the series then went back to watch the pilot.

But I survived.

You will get to another scene in a bit......
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So I finally got around to watching 'Stargate SG-1' since it's streaming on Netflix. Decent series.

However, I thought it was made for network TV? Imagine my surprise when I'm watching the pilot episode and this 5 minute scene with Daniel's wife comes on:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/Evil_ATF/BBS%20Replies/tn-jc_vaitiare_bandera_01.jpg

Is there more titty in store further along the series, or was it just the pilot that showed flesh?

First aired on SHOWTIME. Full frontal friendly cable network.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

IBTL

I blurred out the titties and kitties!

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTL

Kitties? As in plural? More than one?

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

The pilot aired on Showtime.

So it had boobies...

The rest of the series was intended to be syndicated on broadcast, so no titties...

Then SciFi got it, so especially no titties.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

So do bikinis...just sayin'.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I have all ten seasons on DVD. The first three seasons were on Showtime. Sci-Fi channel picked it up after that. WB aired the episodes one season behind Sci-Fi for a while when it was on syndication.

Miss that show. Got a SBR PS90 because of it.

Oh, Amanda Tapping was hot.

So was Catherine Bell from JAG.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Showtime makes me want to strangle babies.

Big bush lets them have a full frontal without really showing anything.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People whined.

So no more boobies.

Faggots and jealous women

Makes the world a sad place for those that enjoy to look at those wonderful globes of, well....... wonderfulness

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#23]
no  after the pilot the series went to comedy central then syfy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People whined.

So no more boobies.

The FCC.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#25]
who got naked? THE PICS ARE DOWN
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

ActuallyI think it went 2 or 3 seasons on cable first before sci fi picked it up. It was the only reason I subscribed to that channel.

First 5 seasons were on Showtime before Sci-Fi picked it up, IIRC.  Jack sometimes makes references to the channel (E.G., "I wonder if they get Showtime," in the Season 1 Finale.)  Definitely could've used some full frontal of Carter/steamy shower scene.  And the female Doctor.  Preferably together.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Daniel's wife. I've only seen half of Season One so far, so I don't know how big of a role she plays in the long run...if any.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Abydos was a few thousand years behind earth tech wise, no one invented razor blades or waxing there yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The female airman that was kidnapped at the beginning of the Pilot; we get to see her breasts.  Sha're, Daniel Jackson's wife; full frontal nudity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Abydos was a few thousand years behind earth tech wise, no one invented razor blades or waxing there yet.

I was going to say... Shaving and stone-age cultures don't mix... Especially 'there'...

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Children of the Gods on Hulu has it edited out. The new Special Edition also did, but they also cut the MacGyver reference.

It was inconsistent with the rest of the show and was just there to keep the skinemax people happy. There was never any more for the 5 season it was on premium cable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The female airman that was kidnapped at the beginning of the Pilot; we get to see her breasts.  Sha're, Daniel Jackson's wife; full frontal nudity.

I must have been refilling my drink when the Airman got nekkidized. All I saw were Mrs. Jackson's lungs and fur.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The scene where Apophis is 'evaluating' women to pick the one who will host his 'mate'... Was originally a nude scene...

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I was going to say... Shaving and stone-age cultures don't mix... Especially 'there'...

Her legs were shaved. Pits were shaved. There's no excuse for doing a job half-assed, Soldier.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The scene where Apophis is 'evaluating' women to pick the one who will host his 'mate'... Was originally a nude scene...

Technically, Apophis was not evaluating them, the Goa'uld that was ready to take a host and become his queen was the one that was evaluating them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Technically, Apophis was not evaluating them, the Goa'uld that was ready to take a host and become his queen was the one that was evaluating them.

Apophis was the snake in the head.

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And Apophis wasn't doing the choosing.  There was a female Jaffa there with a Goa'uld poking out of her belly that looked the nude airman and Sha're up and down, evaluating them as hosts, while Apophis asks, "Does she please you, my love?"
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And Apophis wasn't doing the choosing.  There was a female Jaffa there with a Goa'uld poking out of her belly that looked the nude airman and Sha're up and down, evaluating them as hosts, while Apophis asks, "Does she please you, my love?"

Amaunet
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Her legs were shaved. Pits were shaved. There's no excuse for doing a job half-assed, Soldier.

Shaving everything has been a relatively recent American trend. The episode was filmed back around 1996 or so. That was probably on the cusp of the shift.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

That just happened to me this weekend with the kids in the room
I never saw that coming.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2010 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#42]
And suddenly there was a spike in Netflix subscriptions and SG-1 Pilot Episode downloads...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top