Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 416
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Been playing a week and a half or so now. Just got my P3601H or whatever is the tank right before the Tiger. Going through the PIII phase sucked. Was finally glad to get a gun that was worth a damn on my PIV. Been playing aroudn a little with artillary too. It's nice when you have defense stay behind at the base.

Name ingame is the same as here.

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
List updated:
ASUsax - ASUsax
BludFan85 - bludfan
Buckeye67 - Buckeye67

BuckHammer - BuckHammer

Cypher15 - HellPhish89

Dave_A - Dave_A

E-95 - Engine_95

FiftyCalibre - FiftyCalibre

HELtEr - LEADville

Horadin - Horadin

Infallible - Concept6

Jonny712 - Jonnyboy

Klinc -Klinc

M14chud - primm14

OKshooterHRS - OKshooterHRS
seattleducati - seattleducati

TheGerman - TheGerman

TheStig - asmx86routine
3DD3 - 3DD3

3trip - 3trip
2t2_Crash - 2t2_crash
2001ws6 - 2001ws6ta
ViaDolorosa - Letlev

WhiteLion - whitelion

Wreckinturn4 - Wreckinturn4

Cableguy221 -

CaptainPooby -

Denwad -

_DR -

Flyfishnepa -

Soonerborn -

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]

I didnt like the A20, but some people love it.

T34 with the 57mm gun is AWESOME!  1 shot every 2 seconds with insane penetration and great accuracy and low low shell cost.

I'm currently trying to get a S51, so I'm rolling around in a KV with 152mm gun.  The 152mm gun is horrible yet so fun.

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I enjoyed my KV with the 107 and now the 107 is on my KV3, never tried the 152mm but I might have to just for the lolcannon factor. About halfway to an IS right now. Not sure if after the hard wipe I'll go up the same ladder since I kinda wanted to try out the T44. Those bastards give me all sorts of hell.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]

The 107 is much much better, but the 152 is sheer lols.  Its so inaccurate and reloads so slow, but if it penetrates, it does a hell of alot of damage.

Before the soft wipe, I saw this KV with a 152 1shot 4 tanks in a row, including a Tiger2 and a IS3.  It was hilarious

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Every time I try
to open the game file, my computer locks up, even if I try to delete
it. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
List updated:

BludFan85 - bludfan
Buckeye67 - Buckeye67
BuckHammer - BuckHammer
Cableguy221 -
CaptainPooby -
Dave_A -
Denwad -
_DR -
Flyfishnepa -
HELtEr - LEADville
Horadin - Horadin
Infallible - Concept6
Jonny712 - Jonnyboy
Klinc -Klinc
Soonerborn -
TheStig - asmx86routine
3DD3 - 3DD3
3trip - 3trip
2t2_Crash - 2t2_crash
2001ws6 - 2001ws6ta
ViaDolorosa - Letlev

ASUsax = ASUsax
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, no help here AR10er

Well I haven't really played the BT-7, seems as how I'm just a pimp in my German gear; I'm still sporting the Sturmpanzer II, Ausf A, and 38(t).  I have the Ausf A and Sturm fully researched and am working on getting the 38 there as well.

For those of you newer people, mind you I'm still new, when scouting it helps tons if you do it with one or two other people...as long as they stick to the plan of (again, this is as long as you don't run into some huge tank you can't kill) hit their tank/recon, keep moving around it so arty doesn't kill you and once he's dead move on.  All too often I have a group go out, and in the interest of self preservation, the people that were behind me and now camping out WAY BACK. Or they're with you there to the point where you kill the first tank, you move on and are attacking their arty and your teammate is no where to be found; eventually, the spread out arty that I'm not attacking gets me.  Those are my biggest frustrations.  

The lack of arty support is also a frustation.  When I'm playing the sturm, I can only fire about 1/2 the map length, so I try to move as forward as necessary to support the scouts.  Most arty doesn't do this and just camps out in the woods as far away as possible.  I had to tell 3 tanks grouped together yesterday "X, Y and Z I should NOT be the one leading the way...get your asses moving;" this was in a situation where the other team only had 2-3 tanks left, no arty and we had 7-8 tanks left.  

I really do feel sad for my team when I'm the top ranked tank in the squad...however, I think we've managed to win most of those battles.

And onto everyone's favorite thing, question of the day; spawl liners and those types of upgrades.  While being "in" my sturm I go to the depot/store and buy the spawl liner for the sturm.  Does it automatically attach to the sturm/tank when you buy it or is there something I'm missing?  When in the depot screen I can see that I have two spawl liners in inventory but it says 0 on tank or something to that effect.  If you could clarify what's happening, how I can check that my tank/arty does have it installed or whatnot I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I have been playing for about 3 days now, I am loving the tank destroyers. My name in the game is: whitelion

In a few weeks they are supposed to be releasing the patch that adds the US tanks in. I am hoping they have the M-10 and M-11 tank destroyers
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]
mmohunt had keys that gave you a tank also that you could just sell for 200k, pretty nice for just starting out.

I played for a couple weeks, it was pretty fun.  I'll probly just hop on now when the release new content so i can check it out.  The matchmaking is a little annoying at times.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Whitelion, here's the addr to the American tree, doesn't look like there's an M10-11 in there.

http://downloads.worldoftanks.ru/wotru/a3jf8f/uploads/tech_trees/release_american_tree.jpg

I think I read in the forum that they're working on updating the matchmaking and limiting the # of arty per game (I think I read 4 arty per game).  I hope this will knock down the volume of high level tanks I have to go up against with my panzer III
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Whitelion, here's the addr to the American tree, doesn't look like there's an M10-11 in there.
http://downloads.worldoftanks.ru/wotru/a3jf8f/uploads/tech_trees/release_american_tree.jpg
I think I read in the forum that they're working on updating the matchmaking and limiting the # of arty per game (I think I read 4 arty per game).  I hope this will knock down the volume of high level tanks I have to go up against with my panzer III

I sure hope so.  My day so far today:  9 8 7 games, 8 7 6 losses, 9 8 7 deaths.  It just seems kind of silly to grind and research every available component for your tank so that you can go out and get your ass handed to you.

ETA: Fixed.

ETA: Fixed again.  Screw this.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 2:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure hope so.  My day so far today:  7 games, 6 losses, 7 deaths.  It just seems kind of silly to grind and research every available component for your tank so that you can go out and get your ass handed to you.

thats the thing i dont like, as soon as u upgrade, you are the small fish again.

i am HellPhish89

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
can we transfer xp from other tanks somehow?
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Only the "free" XP.  The regular xp is specific to the tank it's earned on.

v––that too.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Once you reach elite status on a tank (all research completed) you can transfer XP to the global XP to use on whatever for gold.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

And onto everyone's favorite thing, question of the day; spawl liners and those types of upgrades.  While being "in" my sturm I go to the depot/store and buy the spawl liner for the sturm.  Does it automatically attach to the sturm/tank when you buy it or is there something I'm missing?  When in the depot screen I can see that I have two spawl liners in inventory but it says 0 on tank or something to that effect.  If you could clarify what's happening, how I can check that my tank/arty does have it installed or whatnot I'd appreciate it.

You can buy upgrades while looking at the tank.  To the right of the ammo squares should be about 6 more squares.  The first set of 3 are permanent upgrades, and the 2nd set of 3 are temporary upgrades.

For SPGs, get a camo net.  Ammo rammer and gun laying drive are probably the best upgrades, but are costly and you cant transfer them to other tanks.  For now, probably save your money for your next tank, rather than buying modules.

Link Posted: 10/20/2010 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#18]
i has Wespe
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Out of the last 16 games, I've been on the winning side three times and survived two.  This has ceased to be anything other than an exercise in frustration.  I'll probably keep up with the game and see if they fix shit like the retarded matchmaking system they have in place and the GPS guided artillery - but I'm done with it for now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Out of the last 16 games, I've been on the winning side three times and survived two.  This has ceased to be anything other than an exercise in frustration.  I'll probably keep up with the game and see if they fix shit like the retarded matchmaking system they have in place and the GPS guided artillery - but I'm done with it for now.

The matchmaking system can really suck at times but overall it isn't that bad. Try altering your playing style or going to another vehicle. What tank are you playing? Don't give up!
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm with the Stig on his comments.  FYI, I had the Panzer 35 and liked it and figured I'd move up to the 38 because I'd like it as well...NOT SO MUCH; my favorite tank I have right now is the Panzer III, but that's not saying much.  I'm planning on getting the Luchs then moving onto the Leopard, based on what I've seen Leopards do to me!  I also picked up the Grille yesterday, and while the 20 shots are nice (compared to the 15 shots in the Sturm II) it is very slow.

So basically, I like playing arty because I get a lot more $ per round than with the tanks, and the tanks I have are leveled so low, that they can't compete with what they're put against; that situation is much like you're describing.  I'd really say that your team determines whether you live or die over what tank you have.  Last night I was frustrated as hell because I was using my arty and was killed 5 times in a row before I could get a second shot off.  I was pissed to the point that at the start of the 6th round I told my team "when arty dies you all die, try to keep arty alive," and that seamed to work.  Keep playing and hope you get on a good team.

Also, I think you have a misconception about artillery; have you bought and played any?  For starters, we can't hit you if you're moving...most of the time.  We can't hit you if you're behind a building.  It takes forever to turn the arty in the correct direction, then I have to wait for my site to line you up, then I have to wait for the crosshairs to zero in on you, then wait for the shell to hit...all of which starts over if you move three tank lengths forward, backward to to the side.  After I launch, it takes 10-20 seconds for the next shell to load, and the process starts all over.  

If you want to help your teams arty, scout, then run away or get the orther tank in the open and let them help you kill him.  It's a lot easier to scout if you do it with 2, or hopefully 3 other tanks.  That way, someone is the prime focus of the other team's tank (hopefully not you) and the other players can unload on him while he's focused on trying to hit a moving target.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Servers were down for an update. Just came back up with a 59mb patch to download. From what I am reading two new maps are included.
World of Tanks Closed Beta patch v.0.5.5.1

Changelog 0.5.4.3 - 0.5.5.1 for the EU/US client:

- 2 new maps: Komarin and Cliff.

- Adjusted speed of burning of all tanks during the fire. Now the tank will burn at about 5% of durability per second.

- Fixed collision-model of tank "Tiger I". Significantly decreased size of turret rotation mechanism.

- StuG III, VK1602, SU-76 - decreased tracks repair time.

- StuG III - added rammer.

- Grille price increased from 140400 to 147100 credits.

- BT-7 - increased traverse speed for both suspensions by 4 deg/sec. 7% accuracy increase for the 2nd suspension added.

- Fixed truck rotation on SU-14.

- SU-26 – weakened platform rotation mechanism.

- PzIV – Hummel upgrade cost increased from 34220 to 35400 experience.

- KV - S-51 upgrade cost decreased from 144730 to 127320 experience.

- VK3002DB the 2nd suspension upgrade cost decreased by 4000 experience, total VK3002DB - Panther upgrade cost increased by 4000 experience.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Every time I try to open the game file, my computer locks up, even if I try to delete it. Any suggestions?

Did that to me also.  When you open up the folder where its stored try to switch from thumbnail to tile in view menu.  It still takes a long time, just wait for it.

I'm climbing the arty ladder.  Its more laid back and I like to camp.  Name in game: Wreckinturn4
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time I try to open the game file, my computer locks up, even if I try to delete it. Any suggestions?

Did that to me also.  When you open up the folder where its stored try to switch from thumbnail to tile in view menu.  It still takes a long time, just wait for it.

I'm climbing the arty ladder.  Its more laid back and I like to camp.  Name in game: Wreckinturn4

ETA It still wont let me delete the original install file.  Says its in use...
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Servers were down for an update. Just came back up with a 59mb patch to download. From what I am reading two new maps are included.

- Adjusted speed of burning of all tanks during the fire. Now the tank will burn at about 5% of durability per second.
- Fixed collision-model of tank "Tiger I". Significantly decreased size of turret rotation mechanism.
- BT-7 - increased traverse speed for both suspensions by 4 deg/sec. 7% accuracy increase for the 2nd suspension added.
- VK3002DB the 2nd suspension upgrade cost decreased by 4000 experience, total VK3002DB - Panther upgrade cost increased by 4000 experience.

Yeah I saw that as well, I guess it's a good thing I already bought my Grille...although 7K really isn't that much more $.  Hopefully that fix to the BT-7 will actually make that Russian missile turn.  As for the other updates, the new maps is welcomed, but as of right now, none of the other updates affect me...orther than knocking out Tiger I's turret repeatedly with my arty

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I saw that as well, I guess it's a good thing I already bought my Grille...although 7K really isn't that much more $.  Hopefully that fix to the BT-7 will actually make that Russian missile turn.  As for the other updates, the new maps is welcomed, but as of right now, none of the other updates affect me...orther than knocking out Tiger I's turret repeatedly with my arty

there is a LOT of lag right now..  dont try to play it for  a couple hours

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#27]
How long did it take you guys to get your beta codes after registering?
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

6 hours for me.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think it was 4 days for me. Not too bad. Excellent game for a beta.
Best game so far was 5 kills running around in an loltraktor (OK, so I was killing traktors and MS-1's - so what?)

ETA - in game known as CatCow

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best game so far was 5 kills running around in an loltraktor (OK, so I was killing traktors and MS-1's - so what?)

Instantly.  There's a couple links above that give you a 'free' Valentine, too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still no email from there :(

There another way to get into the game?
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still no email from there :(

There another way to get into the game?

Use this link.  It'll also get you a bonus tank you can use, or sell for 200k.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#33]
arfcom M14chud––––primm14 in game
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm in.

IG name is TheGerman
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Hope to see you guys in there...... so I can kill you ...hahahahahahahaha  

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#36]

(ETA:  Sorry for the wall of text.  Summary at the bottom. )

Ok, I'm back in for now. Taking a couple days off helped.  Here are some thoughts so far - if you're getting frustrated some of this might help.  

Since the patch and things seem a bit better.  I don't know whether they tweaked the matching system at all in the patch, but games seem to be more evenly matched since.  When playing my PIII, which I haven't turned elite yet - but it's close, I'm finding myself "top dog" in matches a lot more than before.  I've only been in one game where there was a big disparity in artillery assets, and the tank match ups seem a lot more balanced.  I should also mention that I spent the 2500 gold to get a month of premium.  The extra XP and money earned each game is a godsend.  Don't spend gold on anything until you get premium.

Basically what I did was look through my stats for each tank and picked the one I had the most success with.  I'd tried light tanks, tank destroyers and tried artillery for a bit.  The tank I'd had the best success with was the Panzer III.  So, I sold off all of the other tanks I had and just focused on the PIII.  That was good because aside from the Luchs (screw scouting, btw ), the other tank I really wanted to play was the Tiger I - so in keeping the PIII, I could get the PIV and then ultimately the Tiger I (and Tiger II).

Once I upgraded everything on the PIII, I paid the 20k per crewman to train them up to 75%.  The things I'd read on the WoT forums were spot-on regarding crew training.  It's like night and day when you get the crew over 80% and I imagine it'll be even better still once the crew hits 100% and you can train the secondary skills. Repair Kits also seem to be a pretty good investment.

Things were rolling along pretty well, I'd doing the initial scout thing and started hanging back to protect the artillery and tried to focus on whacking enemy scouts, then going out and helping whoever needed help or scouting for enemy arty.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, the PIII is a pretty good scout tank.

I finally picked up the XP and cash to buy the PIV and shortly thereafter started getting annoyed again.  The stock PIV (like many stock tanks) is a complete pile of dog crap.  This is something the guys working the game should look at because it's seriously NOT FUN to go from having a completely kitted out tank with a good crew and then playing what's essentially a a slow-moving, feeble target.  I've accepted that I'm going to be a speed bump in any new tank I buy until I can upgrade it and train up the crew.

All that I have left to do at this point on the PIV is get the last two gun upgrades.  As it is, I've been happy with the long 7.5cm (I think.. not tier VI 7.5, the other long one :p) I'm currently using.  I can actually cause some serious damage.  I'm getting at least one kill per game with it, and getting good money & XP.  The 10.5cm and the 7.5 squeeze bore should make it a neat tank until I can move up.

There's still some WTF moments and I still think artillery needs some adjusting.  I still get hammered with alarming frequency... yes, even while on the move - even in the fairly fast & agile PIII.  I don't know if these guys are masters of leading a target or what, but some of them can shoot the crap out of my ass while I'm rolling and trying to use evasive maneuvers.  Another WTF moment happened yesterday in my PIV (with the Panther turret and trained crew) when a Leopard one-shot me from the front.  I hadn't taken any damage at all up to that point.  I was completely

Anyway, to sum up, and for the tl;dr crew:

• Do not spend any gold until you have a month of premium.  

• Upgrade everything ASAP.

• Train your crew up to 75% ASAP.

• Accept that you're going to get the crap shot out of you and suck terribly in each new tank.

• No matter how good things seem to be going, there will still be moments that make you go "WTF".

• If you get into a losing streak (or anytime the game pisses you off), shut the game off and go make a sandwich, surf arfcom or watch TV or something.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Buckeye,
   In response to you getting your ass handed to you by arty, I play arty a lot as well as my PzIII, I think you need to work on your evasive manouvers differently than what you've been doing in order to not get hit.

I have a Grille, with 80%+ crew with a 100% gunner, and if you move your tank from one sector (say A2 into B2) my targeting starts all over.  Good for you but sucks for me.  Also, in the last patch, they really jacked up arty bad, so even with 80%+ crew and a stationary traget, I'm not guarenteed a hit or a kill.  Likewise, I think people think that arty is a one hit one kill device; with the big gun it takes me 5-6 hits to kill one KV...that being said, I have only 18 rounds per game.  

Things that suck for us arty players...TOWNS!  Once you're in a town it's nearly impossible for me to find an open space to zero in on...it I do manage this I will tell my players that they need to let you come forward or move you back into the kill zone.  Another thing that sucks are rock structures; if you're behind the rock I can hit the rock or behind the rock but not you.  
People who rock back and forth are also annoying for me because I can't always time where you're going to be, and a lot of the time the targeting resets so I have to wait for reload then re-aim which in total is about 40 seconds.

Things I love are people who are going up hills, because they're slow and predictably going in a straight line, right to where my shell is going to land.  FYI, it also takes me 20 seconds to reload, if you're in the same spot after I hit you once you're a bit slow.

Playing artillery I know what they can and can't do, so when I'm in my tank I play to avoid getting raped by artillery the best I can.  It really does suck if you get rammed or shot and lose a track because you're about to get pounded.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm giving it a shot.  I've already researched and now trying to save up for a PzKpfw III Ausf A.  Screen name is "Engine_95".

E-95
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#39]

ASUsax - ASUsax
BludFan85 - bludfan
Buckeye67 - Buckeye67

BuckHammer - BuckHammer

Cypher15 - HellPhish89

E-95 - Engine_95

HELtEr - LEADville

Horadin - Horadin

Husky79 - Walleye05

Infallible - Concept6

Jonny712 - Jonnyboy

Klinc -Klinc

M14chud - primm14

TheGerman - TheGerman

TheStig - asmx86routine
3DD3 - 3DD3

3trip - 3trip
2t2_Crash - 2t2_crash
2001ws6 - 2001ws6ta
ViaDolorosa - Letlev

WhiteLion - whitelion

Wreckinturn4 - Wreckinturn4

Cableguy221 -

CaptainPooby -

Dave_A -

Denwad -

_DR -

Flyfishnepa -

Soonerborn -

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I got my V3601(H) and this is like a whole new game. Still using the 105.  Can't wait to get the 88 unlocked.

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I got my V3601(H) and this is like a whole new game. Still using the 105.  Can't wait to get the 88 unlocked.

I'm right behind you, I just need another 6k in XP points.
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 3:25:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm right behind you, I just need another 6k in XP points.

It's a really fun tank.  I can actually take a hit and I feel like I'm actually contributing.  I'm 3k xp away from getting the 88.  At the rate I'm going though, that could take a while.  

That said, I sure as shit wish I could figure out how to break the neverending loop of fail that I seem to get stuck in.  At this point I'm 30 games down (273 wins/303 losses) overall and the past two sessions I've played in the VK I've won two out of the last 10 (currently 13 wins, 21 losses for a whopping 37% victory rate).  

It sure sucks the fun out of this.

Link Posted: 10/31/2010 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's a really fun tank.  I can actually take a hit and I feel like I'm actually contributing.  I'm 3k xp away from getting the 88.  At the rate I'm going though, that could take a while.  

That said, I sure as shit wish I could figure out how to break the neverending loop of fail that I seem to get stuck in.  At this point I'm 30 games down (273 wins/303 losses) overall and the past two sessions I've played in the VK I've won two out of the last 10 (currently 13 wins, 21 losses for a whopping 37% victory rate).  

It sure sucks the fun out of this.

I'm not having a fun time in it so far. Maybe once I get better suspension and the next engine it'll be better . I'm at 393 wins/447 losses. 46% victory rate. I kept my PzIII to keep the credits rolling in. The VK3601 costs more to repair than I make in credits during a game. I need to save for a premium account. lol
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, premium is definitely the way to go.

The matching server is completely borked this morning.  I'm getting games with IS-7's going against Tigers I's.

ETA:  Currently 35 games in the hole.

Link Posted: 10/31/2010 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#44]

This biggest issue seems to be that most of the player base thinks each match is an individual event.  There’s always some elite 12 year old crying that the artillery sucks because it wouldn’t support him when he was all the way at the other end of the map well out of their range.  Or the guys in their BT-2/7 or A-20 that thinks this is in fact a NASCAR simulator and everyone will give them the right of way.  Then they go race behind enemy lines and try to take on a Tiger II by themselves.  The way I approach a fight is if I know I can’t kill something quickly then I won’t go poking it.  Concentrate on killing targets on par with yourself or below and only engage superior tanks when they are damaged or you have the support of another tank.  Also, know where you are relative to where their artillery most likely is.  Dash from building to building or rock to rock and use them as cover to get where you want to be.  If you are out in the open expect to be a target.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2010 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

This biggest issue seems to be that most of the player base thinks each match is an individual event.  There’s always some elite 12 year old crying that the artillery sucks because it wouldn’t support him when he was all the way at the other end of the map well out of their range.  Or the guys in their BT-2/7 or A-20 that thinks this is in fact a NASCAR simulator and everyone will give them the right of way.  Then they go race behind enemy lines and try to take on a Tiger II by themselves.  The way I approach a fight is if I know I can’t kill something quickly then I won’t go poking it.  Concentrate on killing targets on par with yourself or below and only engage superior tanks when they are damaged or you have the support of another tank.  Also, know where you are relative to where their artillery most likely is.  Dash from building to building or rock to rock and use them as cover to get where you want to be.  If you are out in the open expect to be a target.  

I get that, you get that, but when you get grouped repeatedly with tools that don't get that - then you end up with 17+ game losing streaks.

Link Posted: 10/31/2010 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#46]
I am in but name is Walleye05 on there.

Read on the forums that the USA tanks should be out early Nov!
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Buckeye,

In response to you getting your ass handed to you by arty, I play arty a lot as well as my PzIII, I think you need to work on your evasive manouvers differently than what you've been doing in order to not get hit.

I have a Grille, with 80%+ crew with a 100% gunner, and if you move your tank from one sector (say A2 into B2) my targeting starts all over.  Good for you but sucks for me.  Also, in the last patch, they really jacked up arty bad, so even with 80%+ crew and a stationary traget, I'm not guarenteed a hit or a kill.  Likewise, I think people think that arty is a one hit one kill device; with the big gun it takes me 5-6 hits to kill one KV...that being said, I have only 18 rounds per game.  

Things that suck for us arty players...TOWNS!  Once you're in a town it's nearly impossible for me to find an open space to zero in on...it I do manage this I will tell my players that they need to let you come forward or move you back into the kill zone.  Another thing that sucks are rock structures; if you're behind the rock I can hit the rock or behind the rock but not you.  

People who rock back and forth are also annoying for me because I can't always time where you're going to be, and a lot of the time the targeting resets so I have to wait for reload then re-aim which in total is about 40 seconds.

Things I love are people who are going up hills, because they're slow and predictably going in a straight line, right to where my shell is going to land.  FYI, it also takes me 20 seconds to reload, if you're in the same spot after I hit you once you're a bit slow.

Playing artillery I know what they can and can't do, so when I'm in my tank I play to avoid getting raped by artillery the best I can.  It really does suck if you get rammed or shot and lose a track because you're about to get pounded.  

They should have 'High Angle' as an option in game - more time in flight, in exchange for a steeper trajectory...

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What bugs me more, are the kids who treat every game like a game of Quake... Rush, rush, rush...

Start an obviously defensive scenario, with readily available defalade/cover, and just CHARGE!!!

(A/O... Find defalade/cover... Take position... Move up, fire 2 rounds, back down... Repeat until position is untenable, then displace back to the next one... Repeat...)

That said, it is kind of fun to splatter rush-ers via use of somewhat-credible (if TRADOC) tank tactics...

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Just looking through the thread, these are the folks that seem to be in beta, or posted that they were getting their beta codes. Would y'all mind posting your in-game names as well, so that we can all update our in-game contact lists?

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Buckeye67 - Buckeye67

BuckHammer -

Cableguy221 -

CaptainPooby -

Dave_A -

Denwad -

_DR -

Flyfishnepa -

HELtEr -

Horadin - Horadin

Infallible - Concept6

Jonny712 - Jonnyboy

Klinc -

Soonerborn -

TheStig - asmx86routine

3trip - 3trip

ViaDolorosa - Letlev

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-

If I didn't list you here it's because I wasn't reasonably sure from your post(s) that you were (still) playing or intending to play. Just holler and I'll add you.

I am Dave_A in the game too...

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

FYI 3trip, is 3trip in WOT.

Quoted:

is German armor the best or just most popular? I'm awaiting my approval

well, its a toss up between global socialist, or national socialist right now, as the American's aren't in the war yet.

If they actually stick to history with the US tanks, they won't be that much fun...

Armor design was not our strong-suit in WWII.

Page / 416
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top