BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm all for this, but that 35K comes out of my taxes.

Well write up a law that requires stuff like this to be paid personally by those involved, including but not limited to the arresting LEO, the DA pressing charges, and the city officals who pass illegal laws.
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it would never happen if the police knew the laws they were enforcing.

I've got $1000 if you can even pick up and carry the law books for the city, county, state, and federal laws in effect! The federal regulations dealing with buying a bag of jellybeans weighs in at about 250 pounds. Lawyers - even judges - don't know the laws, how do you expect a cop on the beat know all the ins and outs of them?

Hell some states regulate such things as the size and shape of sex toys, which encyclopedias that can be sold, and even the dances that high school cheerleaders can perform.

I expect them to know the laws because I am expected to know the laws.  If ignorance of the law is no excuse for me, how can it be for the people that enforce the laws?
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps out of an insurance policy? (The premium for it would still come from your taxes though.)

Try this. Oregon will welcome you.

http://www.kmks.com/kmks/photos/uhaul.JPG

Not if Mayor Sham Adams has his way!!  Remember folks (especially Oregonians), this place is still run by a bunch of Libitards that would take our guns in nanosecond if they could! As has been noted above "Elections Have Consequences".

Link Posted: 10/3/2010 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And it would never happen if the police knew the laws they were enforcing.

I've got $1000 if you can even pick up and carry the law books for the city, county, state, and federal laws in effect! The federal regulations dealing with buying a bag of jellybeans weighs in at about 250 pounds. Lawyers - even judges - don't know the laws, how do you expect a cop on the beat know all the ins and outs of them?

Hell some states regulate such things as the size and shape of sex toys, which encyclopedias that can be sold, and even the dances that high school cheerleaders can perform.

I expect them to know the laws because I am expected to know the laws.  If ignorance of the law is no excuse for me, how can it be for the people that enforce the laws?

Link Posted: 10/3/2010 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps out of an insurance policy? (The premium for it would still come from your taxes though.)

Try this.  Oregon will welcome you.

http://www.kmks.com/kmks/photos/uhaul.JPG

Only if you fill the truck with liberals and send it back to socal after you get here(start with the portland city council please)

Link Posted: 10/3/2010 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And hopefully goes toward fighting the other antigun laws you have.
Good point.  If this guy is an activist type and uses this money to further our cause, then I'm all for it.

I'd be pissed if he spent it on hookers and blow.

Why? He had the balls to put his freedom on the line, no matter for how short. A measly $35K is nothing, and the way I see it, payment for services (to RKBA movement) rendered. I'd much rather my taxes go to someone like him, than some damn welfare leech!
Link Posted: 10/3/2010 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, stop electing shitheads and you won't have this problem. Elections have consequences.

Our police are hired, not elected.

Your chiefs answer to and serve at the pleasure of the Mayor. The chief is responsible for the training and level of scrutiny paid to certain types of behavior, and does this with the thought of his boss's approval in his head when he makes decisions.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe the guy will re-donate his settlement back to the Calguns Foundation and will send it through G-pal?

Perhaps future UOC settlement can be paid in used BMW's.

For all intensive porpoises I see it, what you there did.  

Found this gem

"About 8 years ago, Mr. Samuel Wolanyk of San Diego and his associate Mr. Franklin were operating a pump-and-dump penny stock scheme. They were convicted in federal court, and that conviction was upheld on appeal. Look it up in Pacer sometime (I have, the case number is 3:02-cv-00084-DMS-RBB).

In view of the Wolanyk v. San Diego case discussed here, it might be a good idea to comment on "Securities And Exchange Commission v. James E. Franklin, Samuel Wolanyk et al.". It would give a very bad impression if the wider community were to think that one of the heroes of the gun rights movement in California happened to be a convicted stock swindler. If indeed the Samuel Wolanyk of the 2002 SEC case is identical to the Samuel Wolanyk of this open carry case, then it would also be necessary to explain how a person who has already lost one federal case can have gun rights (my hunch: difference between civil and penal).

Note: I have no knowledge of either the SEC case nor the UOC case, other than having read the dockets on Pacer. It is quite possible that the two cases here have nothing in common, other than the unlikely coincidence of there being two different Mr. Samuel Wolanyk, both of whom happen to reside in San Diego. My personal hunch is that it is pere et fils, but even in that case, it behooves the CGF or the attorneys to make that clear to the public."

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
stupid question but what fucking good is open carry if it isnt loaded? a 1000 dollar idiot beater?
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As do all settlements from public entities.  They are intended to teach a lesson, but in reality, all they do is provide lottery winnings.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As do all settlements from public entities.  They are intended to teach a lesson, but in reality, all they do is provide lottery winnings.

If the lessons aren't being learned the settlements should be larger.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
When the cops drew down on the guy, he's lucky he didn't get kilt.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a case like this in Omaha, a few years back.
A guy walking around his neighborhood with a loaded gun in a holster.
Somebody called the police, they investigated, he had all the right paperwork, he went on his way.
Every so often, somebody would call the police, they'd show up and see it was him, and spend a few minutes with him and leave.
He must have finally got tired of doing it and hasn't been heard from in awhile.
We now have concealed carry, so open carry is losing it's appeal.
I don't think he was wearing a kilt.
It's too cold here to do that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm all for this, but that 35K comes out of my taxeswhoever insures the city.  The insurance will then pressure the city to behave properly.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
a man wearing a kilt, with a holstered gun

Sweet.

Did the LEO check for underwear?                  
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
stupid question but what fucking good is open carry if it isnt loaded? a 1000 dollar idiot beater?

They do it for the lulz & the $$$
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do it for the lulz & the $$$

They do it because it's the only legal way to carry.

I'm not a big fan of Open Carry, but for guys in Cali, I'm 100% supportive.

I do hope they get Shall issue CC soon.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If faced with fear of death, would you rather have no gun, or an unloaded gun and loaded mags on your belt?

Remember, this is California we're talking about.  For many, a permit to carry loaded just isn't gonna happen.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well in this case it is worth $35,000.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I've heard a phrase before : Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Should it or should it not go both ways?

I suspect this will cost the city far more in increased premiums than $35000.  The insurance company will get more than their pound of flesh.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've heard a phrase before : Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Should it or should it not go both ways?

I suspect this will cost the city far more in increased premiums than $35000.  The insurance company will get more than their pound of flesh.

Shut up serf.

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The same guy with the same lawyer was trolling at the Irvine Spectrum recently as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Cop can't do his job, smoke his sorry ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Same guy arrested yet again?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1116160

Sounds like this guy makes his money by allowing John Law the chance to fuck up.  It appears that business is good.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2010 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
ETA DoubleTap, days apart. At least I am consistent!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top