Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 12:18:07 PM EDT
I have small convex spot mirrors mounted on both of the door mounted outside rear view mirrors on my truck.

They have gotten old and need to be replaced. I tried to remove them and they are being a bit difficut. The mirror itself separated from the adhesive, which is still stuck on my door mounted mirrors.

What is the best way to get the sticky two sided tape/foam crap off my mirrors without damaging them? I have some "goof off" that I can use to get the residue once I actually get the tape crap off. But I am wanting to know any tricks or tips to get that stuff off first.

Then I will clean up the residue and mount the new spot mirrors.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
WD-40 will work, as will any bore cleaner.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
razor blade (not the shaving kind. )
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
WD-40

or you can take a can of compressed air, turn it upside down and spray the ice cold liquid onto it. This works well on stickers, but works great on gum on your shoes/clothes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
razor blade (not the shaving kind. )

This
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
New single edge razor blade and soapy water so the razor blade does not scratch the glass.Razor blade gets a little dull change for a new blade ,as many as it takes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Once you clean it off, adjust your mirrors properly and you won't need those little things.

Here is how.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Goo gone
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Once you clean it off, adjust your mirrors properly and you won't need those little things.

Here is how.

LOL. I appreciate it, but I drove a big truck for about 10 years, so I am fairly familiar with how to adjust mirrors. I am actually one of those drivers who use my mirrors a lot when driving. Also, I drive a vehicle with pretty decent blind spots, an FJ Cruiser. But, the blind spots are not an issue at all, assuming one knows how to use their mirrors. And the little convex mirrors help a lot when changing lanes.

My wife, unfortunately, has fallen in love with the FJ and sometimes I have a tough time getting it away from her, so she spends a lot of time driving it, with the kids, so I like having the extra coverage for safety reasons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
razor blade or

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top