Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:22:24 PM EDT
I was contacted by aerotek and I am getting a strange vibe. Anyone have experience with these guys ?
Almost feels like talking to a car salesman.Very strange.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I dealt with them last year and they seamed pretty much on the up n up.  They never found me a position but the two ladies I was working with were pretty hot.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
They're legit.  I've hired two people using them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Gut instincts......gotta trust em !

Btw: General Discussion is my google
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I worked for/through them back in the mid-1980s. At the time, they were the sole-source supplier for technical people for The Stinkin' Phone Company™, as I so lovingly refer to it now. The arrangement was supposed to be that after 6 months, TSPC™ could hire me direct. The hitch, though, was that I couldn't work anywhere else directly if TSPC™ didn't pick me up. I drew lines through about 1/2 of the contract, and eventually they agreed, because TSPC™ wanted me really desperately. After 3 months, I got TSPC™ to cancel my contract with Aerotek and hire me directly, as there were numerous hiccups in getting paid from Aerotek.

They might have a line on a position, but read and understand their contract before you go too far with them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was unemployed for most of 2008, and Aerotek pulled my info down from monster or somewhere.

Got to the point where i called their main office, and emailed some of their executives, and basically told them that if this was how their headhunters behaved, i couldn't do business with them or recommend them to my colleagues.

Ended up getting a direct hire into a good job and just f*cked with them for a couple months while my resume was still getting hits online.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I did some temp drafting work through them. They always paid on time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife got placed through them at Chase and shes been there for 2 years now. She got hired on after 3 months I believe.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Aerotek was one company I used to hire IT and administration staff, so they are legit. We had a standing clause in all our contracts that we could hire the temp directly after 6 months without having to buy out the Aerotek contract. It was a good way to screen people before actually hiring them. Aerotek took care of the screening, and had to deal with lay-offs/firings/unemployment issues if we didn't like the person they recommended. So basically, it was a 3 month trial period with no down side. No headhunter fees, no newspaper advertising, nothing. There were 3-4 other similar agencies we worked with. We would just call them, tell them what we needed, what the pay rate was, and the 1st one to provide a viable candidate got the contract.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top