Site Notices
7/31/2014 7:43:02 PM
Author
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:22:24 PM
I was contacted by aerotek and I am getting a strange vibe. Anyone have experience with these guys ?
Almost feels like talking to a car salesman.Very strange.
swingset
Former site staff fanboy.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:25:03 PM
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Gibby
Cookie Monster DBA LCR Ambulance Driver
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:28:43 PM
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 5:29:01 PM by Gibby]
I dealt with them last year and they seamed pretty much on the up n up. They never found me a position but the two ladies I was working with were pretty hot.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man. - Ronald Reagan
Gixxersixxer
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:29:41 PM
They're legit. I've hired two people using them.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
dbuckt55
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:14 PM
Gut instincts......gotta trust em !

Btw: General Discussion is my google
DzlBenz
Upper Level Management™
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:31:49 PM
I worked for/through them back in the mid-1980s. At the time, they were the sole-source supplier for technical people for The Stinkin' Phone Company™, as I so lovingly refer to it now. The arrangement was supposed to be that after 6 months, TSPC™ could hire me direct. The hitch, though, was that I couldn't work anywhere else directly if TSPC™ didn't pick me up. I drew lines through about 1/2 of the contract, and eventually they agreed, because TSPC™ wanted me really desperately. After 3 months, I got TSPC™ to cancel my contract with Aerotek and hire me directly, as there were numerous hiccups in getting paid from Aerotek.

They might have a line on a position, but read and understand their contract before you go too far with them.
ONLY PEOPLE WHO LACK A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CONFIDENCE AND CAN'T COME UP WITH A DECENT ARGUMENT TYPE IN ALL CAPS.
"Boooop." - Captain Christopher Pike

"Sitting. Poop thread." - Bama-Shooter
hh47
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:42:05 PM
I was unemployed for most of 2008, and Aerotek pulled my info down from monster or somewhere.

Got to the point where i called their main office, and emailed some of their executives, and basically told them that if this was how their headhunters behaved, i couldn't do business with them or recommend them to my colleagues.

Ended up getting a direct hire into a good job and just f*cked with them for a couple months while my resume was still getting hits online.
Utah_Sniper
A cynic is only a frustrated optimist.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:47:17 PM
I did some temp drafting work through them. They always paid on time.
Do not despise the racketeer - instead despise his sport.
quantim2
Go Gators!!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:47:18 PM
My wife got placed through them at Chase and shes been there for 2 years now. She got hired on after 3 months I believe.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell
neilfj
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:11:16 PM
Aerotek was one company I used to hire IT and administration staff, so they are legit. We had a standing clause in all our contracts that we could hire the temp directly after 6 months without having to buy out the Aerotek contract. It was a good way to screen people before actually hiring them. Aerotek took care of the screening, and had to deal with lay-offs/firings/unemployment issues if we didn't like the person they recommended. So basically, it was a 3 month trial period with no down side. No headhunter fees, no newspaper advertising, nothing. There were 3-4 other similar agencies we worked with. We would just call them, tell them what we needed, what the pay rate was, and the 1st one to provide a viable candidate got the contract.