Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/2/2010 8:16:18 PM EDT
Ok, so i woke up with this shit 2 days ago and don't how or where i got it/came in contact with something.

To my knowledge i have no allergies, i havent changed my diet, havent changed detergent, havent done ANYTHING that i can think of out of the norm.

Before anyone says "that's a spider bite" the two puss nodules are from me poking it with a needle to see just that, if it was full of gunk like a spider bite.

Right Forearm: The center one with the two nodules side by side is quarter sized.

Right wrist: underside

Stomach under ribs on right side:

Left bicep:

Now these areas are the one's i snapped because they show a good variety of it at different stages swelling/spreading.  It's also on the bottom side of both knees, beginning to start in arm pits, at the base of right ear, tip of nose, and around naval.

IT ITCHES LIKE MAD!!!  So far i've been treating with desitin, and taking benadryl caplets

I gotta know what this is and how to get rid of it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Bed bugs/ Chiggers?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
msra   go to the doc now!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Shingles?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Chiggars/bed bugs
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This or you had contact with somebody that has herpes,the first pic looks like it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
looks like the poison ivy i get
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
the second picture is a nipple
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Chiggars/bed bugs

Thats what i though, so i treated both sides of the mattress with insecticide, treated my pillow topper (it's separate from the mattress) with insecticide.  Washed the best set and dry cleaned the comforter... how else do i get rid of bed bugs?

I figured it was just getting worse at night because i was scratching in my sleep.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BS, after 2 days his skin would look like its about to fall off.

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Asked the wife who is a nurse, she said it could be a number of things and to go to the doctor ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like an plant protein reaction.

Been in the woods lately?

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
MRSA
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Pulled some some poison ivy about a week and a half ago.  I've never had a reaction to the stuff though and i would think it would've showed up faster than it did if it was poison ivy.  Also be more concentrated.

I will say, it seems i've spread this myself from scratching the primary area then scratching other regions.  Is this a possible way to spread the rash or would the original "contaminant" be the only way?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I had the non skin eating variety of MRSA, and it looked nothing like that. I got one big lump under my armpit, that looked like a nasty ass spider bite. If it is MRSA, you better get started on the anti-biotics, right now!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

This. Looks like the start of poison ivy. I've got it like that all over now after weed wacking last weekend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#16]
heat rash
i get it at work when the fucking paint booth filters are dirty.
it s from sweat glands getting clogged.  take more showers to keep our pores clean and it goes away.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I had the non skin eating variety of MRSA, and it looked nothing like that. I got one big lump under my armpit, that looked like a nasty ass spider bite. If it is MRSA, you better get started on the anti-biotics, right now!!

I read the conditions and what mrsa should feel like, this aint it.

This feels like a rashed, raised ruff tectured skin, not shingles ruff, but ruff.  EXTREMELY itchy.

Oh, and before yall say what the GF did, yes, i've already has chicken pox
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

heat rash

it s from sweat glands getting clogged.  take more showers to keep our pores clean and it goes away.

I get heat rash, i know where i get it and how it feels, heat rash doesnt itch, it's so damn sensitive to the touch you wouldn't itch it even if it did itch.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Bed bugs.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Chiggars/bed bugs

Thats what i though, so i treated both sides of the mattress with insecticide, treated my pillow topper (it's separate from the mattress) with insecticide.  Washed the best set and dry cleaned the comforter... how else do i get rid of bed bugs?  

I figured it was just getting worse at night because i was scratching in my sleep.

Check your mattress and box springs thoroughly for blood feces and bed bug skins. The feces will look like reddish black to black stains.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Chiggars/bed bugs

You'll need an icepick and some gasoline to start. I think that's for bedbugs...

Honestly, pull the mattress back and look at the corners. Bed bugs always congregate in the corners of the mattress (this was told to me by a hotel housekeeping manager). If they're present, that's where you'll see them.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife said it's not MRSA.....MRSA does not look like that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heat rash

I get heat rash, i know where i get it and how it feels, heat rash doesnt itch, it's so damn sensitive to the touch you wouldn't itch it even if it did itch.  
it comes in different flavors.  google it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I read the conditions and what mrsa should feel like, this aint it.  

This feels like a rashed, raised ruff tectured skin, not shingles ruff, but ruff.  EXTREMELY itchy.

Oh, and before yall say what the GF did, yes, i've already has chicken pox

Like everyone else said, see a doctor.

This could literally be anything: Impetigo, Staph (not MRSA), hives, tinnea, Molluscum Contagiosum, Herpes, etc...

I had my fair share of dermatologist/doctor trips for skin funk, being a wrestler and all.  Even they usually don't get it right the first time.  Go get a culture, and get on some cream.
It took them about 6 trips to diagnose my Herpes Gladatorum (Mat Herpes, yea, yea, yuk it up).
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#25]
u got a case of teh aids.

dibs on all yur shit
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
the second picture is a nipple

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

u got a case of teh aids.

dibs on all yur shit

Including the aids?

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Heat rash, prikley heat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know.

Depends.  He should still have it checked out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Pulled some some poison ivy about a week and a half ago.  I've never had a reaction to the stuff though and i would think it would've showed up faster than it did if it was poison ivy.  Also be more concentrated.  

I will say, it seems i've spread this myself from scratching the primary area then scratching other regions.  Is this a possible way to spread the rash or would the original "contaminant" be the only way?

Yes...

The protein can stay viable for a long time on surfaces.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#32]
After google image searching everything.  I'm going with my original guess and agreeing with everyone who said....

DRUM ROLL!!!

BED bugs.  Ok, so now how do i get rid? I've treated with Spectrade BUG STOP Indoor/Outdoor and washed everything.  Any more things to add to the list?

Also, why would they start biting all at once out of the blue.  One night i had no bites, the next i wake up thinking... well that i have a rash.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Poison Ivy

Fleas

Bed bugs

Some other nasty critters...

Do some more internet research before you go to the doctor since they're dumbasses most of the time anyway.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clean your boots?
Use an old coat?

Yes...

Also, the second image on google image search for "poison ivy rash" is fucking terrifying.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Chiggars/bed bugs

They prefer to be called Chegros now.  Sheesh.

Oh, and OP, looks like poison ivy/oak/sumac to me

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Bingo.  Didn't use to affect me either.  Sucks don't it?

That's how Poison IVY rolls.  Wash with Dove dish soap, rub with bleach.  Quit scratching.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Yes...

Also, the second image on google image search for "poison ivy rash" is fucking terrifying.  

I knew a woman who would break out like that on arms and legs just from being outside in her back yard, some 15 yards from a brushline that developed some poison ivy.  She spent a lot of summers swathed in gauze and getting cortisone shots.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I think some Ivy dry might take care of that..  I'm not a doctor, nor am I allergic to poison ivy!!  But I think it's worth a shot..
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean your boots?

Use an old coat?

Yes...

They have found petrified poison ivy that still contains the protein.  Killing poison ivy doesn't make it any better.  Protein still there.  Don't EVER burn poison IVY.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Not MRSA... everybody stop freaking the f*ck out

Looks like some sort of a contact dermatitis (probably poison ivy), particularly that first picture, where the rash appears somewhat linear.  That would certainly itch like mad.

Could also be scabies... that also gives you a linear appearance like that.  The distribution (armpits, around the belt-line, wrists) also sounds like scabies.

The key here is the itch... MRSA hurts, it doesn't just itch... and when it comes to itching, there's nothing that itches like scabies.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Looks like some sort of a contact dermatitis (probably poison ivy), particularly that first picture, where the rash appears somewhat linear.  That would certainly itch like mad.

Could also be scabies... that also gives you a linear appearance like that.  The distribution (armpits, around the belt-line, wrists) also sounds like scabies.

The key here is the itch... MRSA hurts, it doesn't just itch... and when it comes to itching, there's nothing that itches like scabies.  

This itches bad.  I've experienced plenty worse. I've got a fan blowing cold air on it along with the desitin that i put on it and i'm alright.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This itches bad.  I've experienced plenty worse. I've got a fan blowing cold air on it along with the desitin that i put on it and i'm alright.  

Is it worse at night?

Do you have any on your junk?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Wear a plastic suit to bed. Or maybe use saran wrap.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Scabies

ETA: If it is scabies then not much of what you have done will help at all until you kill the little fuckers on your body. And if you lounge around on your couch or bed, then your family members will more then likely get them also. They Suck. Elimite is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#46]
EAT RAW GARLIC ––chew it first
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Scabies

ETA: If it is scabies then not much of what you have done will help at all until you kill the little fuckers on your body. And if you lounge around on your couch or bed, then your family members will more then likely get them also. They Suck. Elimite is your friend.

Yep.  If you're going that route, treat everyone in the household.... and you may have to treat multiple times.  Wash all the sheets, etc  before you sleep on them again.  Scabies can live for a few days in sheets, towels, and clothing.

Honestly, it's probably poison ivy, just going by the history.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chiggars/bed bugs

They prefer to be called Chegros now.  Sheesh.

Oh, and OP, looks like poison ivy/oak/sumac to me

snort LOL!  

And, yeah, it looks like poison oak to me too.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know.

Yep. it's not MRSA. My friend had that a couple months ago on his leg and it ain't pretty.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:46:24 PM EDT
[#50]
You appear to have contracted rabies.

You haven't been in close contact with any member of the rodentia family such as juvenile possums have you?

If so, we're going to have to put you down ol' yeller.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top