User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLOCK
Picked 10:1 over any other handgun by retarded juggalos....  

GLOCK
a 30 yr old obsolete marginal quality handgun

Glock. The handgun of Choice of 7 out of 10 American lawmen. That is an undeniable fact.

if you want anyone to take you seriously here you may want to tell everyone where you actually got this factoid.  If its from Glocks or GLOCKS website its a pitch.  Now if its from an independant study group that takes a talley from each department nation wide as to what their "issue" handgun is then post it.  Other wise you are ruining my next handgun purchase years in the making
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A good number of our "operators" use them.

Delta, SOCOM, and some Rangers have used them.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I wonder if he's proud to wear that uniform when he looks in the mirror every morning.

Quoted:

The Glock pistol is used in some fashion by almost every country on the planet. Even Russia.

http://media.englishrussia.com/moscow_swat/21.jpg  

The letters have different sounds in Cyrillic.  In English it would be OMON (Otryad Militsii Osobogo Naznacheniya) aka Special Purpose Police Unit.  Basically Russian for SWAT.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW, it's spelled GLOCK.

Gaston's last name is "GLOCK", not "Glock"? News to me.

Apparently you have never looked at their marketing literature.

In fact,   GLOCK pistol homepage.   feel free to give me a dime for every all caps GLOCK you see .

Words like that are generally typed in accordance with standard English orthography, regardless of how the owner of the name chooses to do it. For example, Adidas chooses not to capitalize the "A", but most other people do when writing their name, because the rules of English trump their marketing strategy. Look in articles written by professionals, with professional editors (such as magazine or newspaper articles), and you will find that GLOCK is generally written as "Glock" and adidas is generally written as "Adidas", and so on.

I call it lack of attention to detail.

If you were THAT worried about detail you'd realize that the spelling of GLOCK and Glock are the same, but the capitalization is what's different.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FACT: The Glock is the most reliable semi-automatic handgun EVER adopted for military use.

Well, if its a fact, I'm sure you can find some proof to back that statement up. If only you had said "most numerous pistol in the hands of LE and militaries worldwide"... Which still wouldn't be a GLOCK(for you pansies bitching about how to type it), it would be a CZ75 style handgun.

Prove that the statement is wrong. I bet you cannot do it.

Answer my question G series. Prove to me the statement is even warranted. You pop up in threads on the regular and demonstrate your lack of intelligence.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:00:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So why is it that a military won't use a pistol without external safeties but police forces will?

Regular military, other than some Special Operations Unit and Marksmanship Training Units, their primary weapon are crew serve weapons or the rifle, and the pistol is a secondary weapon, therefore receive minimum or very little training.
They are paranoid with a holstered loaded pistol (a friend just came back from Iraq on convoy duty, and their SOP is loaded mag and empty chamber for their M9 even on operation), whereas walk / drive / conduct mission with loaded, cock and locked M4 and M249.
I have shot with the guy, and took me a while to convince him out of the fear of a loaded pistol in the holster.

As for police, their primary weapons are pistol, and their backup weapons are either the M4 or shotgun, as a result, they receive more training witht he pistol than long arms.
LE (unless those that been in the office for too long) always have a loaded pistol with one in the chamber, but the long arms normally have empty chamber.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So why is it that a military won't use a pistol without external safeties but police forces will?

Regular military, other than some Special Operations Unit and Marksmanship Training Units, their primary weapon are crew serve weapons or the rifle, and the pistol is a secondary weapon, therefore receive minimum or very little training.
They are paranoid with a holstered loaded pistol (a friend just came back from Iraq on convoy duty, and their SOP is loaded mag and empty chamber for their M9 even on operation), whereas walk / drive / conduct mission with loaded, cock and locked M4 and M249.
I have shot with the guy, and took me a while to convince him out of the fear of a loaded pistol in the holster.

As for police, their primary weapons are pistol, and their backup weapons are either the M4 or shotgun, as a result, they receive more training witht he pistol than long arms.
LE (unless those that been in the office for too long) always have a loaded pistol with one in the chamber, but the long arms normally have empty chamber.

True. Air Force is the only one that carries loaded chamber all the time...
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? So what happens when they actually need their sidearm right then and there but have to chamber a round?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FACT: The Glock is the most reliable semi-automatic handgun EVER adopted for military use.

Well, if its a fact, I'm sure you can find some proof to back that statement up. If only you had said "most numerous pistol in the hands of LE and militaries worldwide"... Which still wouldn't be a GLOCK(for you pansies bitching about how to type it), it would be a CZ75 style handgun.

That's not the way it works. It is your assertion, therefore the burden of proof is yours.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You made the claim; the burden of proof is on you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, we carry condition 1 M9 as well.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? So what happens when they actually need their sidearm right then and there but have to chamber a round?

Gonna have to ask the Army folks. Anytime we left a FOB the Army would look at as like we were nuts, jacking rounds into handguns at the clearing barrels
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, we carry condition 1 M9 as well.

Didn't know that. MA, I assume?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna have to ask the Army folks. Anytime we left a FOB the Army would look at as like we were nuts, jacking rounds into handguns at the clearing barrels

I have heard of some support units that have that SOP, but I know for a fact that my unit was always red on patrol, amber on the JSS and green on large FOB's like Victory or Taji that required it.

I also heard of a pogue unit on Liberty that took away the bolts of its soldiers after the mental health clinic shooting. Fuck you and fuck that, the mentality that drives that is disgusting.

That and the jack dicks that have there weapon completely non functional like the mag carrier blocking the charging handle, the "dust covers" from the hadji shop that cover the entire reciever, or the weapons slung upside and backwards across their back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I know at least one local FBI guy that carries a Glock.

All FBI agents are required to carry either a model 22 or 23 and are authorized to carry a privately owned 27.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

GLOCK

"Obsolete?" At a mere 28 years old, the Glock is amongst the newest commonly used firearms designs. Also, the Glock uses only the highest quality materials and manufacturing processes. This is unarguable.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if he's proud to wear that uniform when he looks in the mirror every morning.

Quoted:
The Glock pistol is used in some fashion by almost every country on the planet. Even Russia.

http://media.englishrussia.com/moscow_swat/21.jpg  

I see what you did there!  

ETA:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb223/supernovavideo/21.jpg

Damn thats funny.  Didn't notice his name in the first pic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#21]
No, Beretta has more better lobbyist in Washington
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock. The handgun of Choice of 7 out of 10 American lawmen. That is an undeniable fact.

if you want anyone to take you seriously here you may want to tell everyone where you actually got this factoid.

The Glock pistol is used by 65% of U.S. law enforcement, or approximately 7,500 LE agencies. Google it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLOCK
Picked 10:1 over any other handgun by retarded juggalos....  

GLOCK

Negative. It's NOT a fact. It's just like most of the shit you post. Retarded drivel. Glock peaked at owning 65% of the market share of departments in the U.S. and is going down. Smith and Wesson have taken almost 5% of the market share away from Glock in a single year. FNs, The Beretta ninety two and others are also taking a market share as Glock has stagnated it's development and others have not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Glock peaked at owning 65% of the market share of departments in the U.S. and is going down.

Glock reports an increase in market share as of 2010. Also, the M&P is not directly taking away market share from Glock. Many of the PD's that adopted it were carrying SIG/Beretta/S&W SIGMA's, 3rd GEN's and SW99's.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Originally Posted By GseriesFAIL:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

~got rid of annoying post.

You do realize that the best thing you can do for the Glock's reputation is to stop plugging for them, right?

you know the glock kool aid drinkers cringe every time they see him post.

Quit quoting his goddamn posts, what the fuck is the point of ignore if every annoying fucking poster gets quoted 20 times to call him fucking stupid and I end up reading the stupid shit anyways?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock peaked at owning 65% of the market share of departments in the U.S. and is going down.

Glock reports an increase in market share as of 2010. Also, the M&P is not directly taking away market share from Glock. Many of the PD's that adopted it were carrying SIG/Beretta/S&W SIGMA's, 3rd GEN's and SW99's.

Over 400 of the depts that have adopted the M&P came over from Glock. Run along now fanboy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Over 400 of the depts that have adopted the M&P came over from Glock. Run along now fanboy.

Even if those numbers are correct, 400 is a drop in the bucket.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why does everyone want their goddamn choice to be everyone elses?

I don't give a fuck which gun is the most popular as long as I can buy mags and parts I don't give a fuck.

I don't care if anyone thinks the glock is superior or that they wish they could blow JMB, who gives a shit?

I own a Glock, because I shot one and liked it, I have no loyalty to the brand and if I find something I like as well or better I'll get one of those too.

I like XDs even if I'm not sure I'd carry one (more uncomfortable than the "block") and I'll probably buy an M&P if I can test one out.

Reliable 1911s though are out of my price range so I'll stay away from those for now.

They're just fucking pieces of metal and polymer, fucking objects people get in a pissing match about for no reason.

Good for fucking everyone that thinks their choice is superior, now they can carry it and shut the fuck up.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are correct, and if you knew anything about business, you'd know that 5% is NOT a drop in the bucket.  It's taken a year. It took Glock 30 years to get to 7500.  I used to be a die hard Glock freak like you. I wouldn't listen to reason, but I actually opened my eyes, let go of the bias and found a better handgun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give a fuck which gun is the most popular as long as I can buy mags and parts I don't give a fuck.

I don't care if anyone thinks the glock is superior or that they wish they could blow JMB, who gives a shit?

I own a Glock, because I shot one and liked it, I have no loyalty to the brand and if I find something I like as well or better I'll get one of those too.

I like XDs even if I'm not sure I'd carry one (more uncomfortable than the "block") and I'll probably buy an M&P if I can test one out.

Reliable 1911s though are out of my price range so I'll stay away from those for now.

They're just fucking pieces of metal and polymer, fucking objects people get in a pissing match about for no reason.

Good for fucking everyone that thinks their choice is superior, now they can carry it and shut the fuck up.

lol I don't disagree.
 I too wish I could afford a reliable 1911.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#32]
i saw an indonesian general with one (17 i think).  his escort had some sort of revolver.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

They are correct, and if you knew anything about business, you'd know that 5% is NOT a drop in the bucket.  It's taken a year. It took Glock 30 years to get to 7500.  I used to be a die hard Glock freak like you. I wouldn't listen to reason, but I actually opened my eyes, let go of the bias and found a better handgun.
Tiny drop. Glock has had 24 years on the U.S. market and the M&P has been out for 5. I own an M&P9 BTW.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We need to use this answer for every other post on arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tiny drop. Glock has had 24 years on the U.S. market and the M&P has been out for 5. I own an M&P9 BTW.

I know you own one. You're still a rabid fan boy.

And again, you obviously know NOTHING about business if you think 5% is tiny.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you doubt it, dial 0 and ask them.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A Colt 1991 is like $750. A Colt Series 70 reissue is about $100 more. Either will be reliable out-of-the-box as long as you don't get a lemon.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Colt 1991 is like $750. A Colt Series 70 reissue is about $100 more. Either will be reliable out-of-the-box as long as you don't get a lemon.

The lemon rate is unacceptable to me. I used to be a die hard 1911 guy and know pretty well what ones I could and couldn't trust out of the box. Coming from a Glock, then M&P background, my reliability standards are incredibly high.  My personal experience is that I can't even trust Wilson Combat's to be out of the box reliable like I can a Glock or M&P.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right, Glockreaper.... I think you should direct deposit 5% of your annual income into my bank account every year. After all, its only a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word is that a couple of fairly large agencies are on the precipice of going M&P, which will be a couple of fairly large drops in the bucket.

I'm working on converting one othe largest LE agencies in my state, one officer at time
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Word is that a couple of fairly large agencies are on the precipice of going M&P, which will be a couple of fairly large drops in the bucket.
ATF and ?

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF and ?

One thing to keep in mind, is that JW knows what of he speaks in relation to this sorta thing.   How he gets his info, other than being a training junkie, I don't know. But everything I've seen him post on subjects like this has proven to be true. And to think, I used to think he was a dick
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

One thing to keep in mind, is that JW knows what of he speaks in relation to this sorta thing.

I'm not doubting him, just curious.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lemon rate is unacceptable to me. I used to be a die hard 1911 guy and know pretty well what ones I could and couldn't trust out of the box. Coming from a Glock, then M&P background, my reliability standards are incredibly high.  My personal experience is that I can't even trust Wilson Combat's to be out of the box reliable like I can a Glock or M&P.

The "lemon rate" (which is unknown) is irrelevant as long as you don't get one. My box-stock Colt Government Model that I bought new 20 years ago has never jammed or malfunctioned in any way. You're going to want to put at least 1,000 rounds through any gun before trusting your life to it anyway, regardless of who manufactured it. All companies make the occasional lemon.

Regarding Wilson Combat and other makers of "tight" 1911s, I'd trust an out of the box Colt built to original military tolerances by the company that has built them for 100 years long before I'd trust a "tweaked" version. It wasn't a Wilson Combat that passed the Army trials with flying colors (no jams), it was a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

...a couple of other agencies that I can't talk about because it would be naughty and might get people sued or fired. Doubly so if one of Glock's infamously litigious persons gets wind of it.

Are they all currently using Glock at least?

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That can't be true, I've never seen a Glock 17 in a video game.

Duh, because they all use Glock 18s.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "lemon rate" (which is unknown) is irrelevant as long as you don't get one. My box-stock Colt Government Model that I bought new 20 years ago has never jammed or malfunctioned in any way. You're going to want to put at least 1,000 rounds through any gun before trusting your life to it anyway, regardless of who manufactured it. All companies make the occasional lemon.

Regarding Wilson Combat and other makers of "tight" 1911s, I'd trust an out of the box Colt built to original military tolerances by the company that has built them for 100 years long before I'd trust a "tweaked" version. It wasn't a Wilson Combat that passed the Army trials with flying colors (no jams), it was a Colt.

I'm not the type of guy to have huge collections of all sorts of various guns.  I only buy guns I know to be reliable as I don't have the money to gamble. If I buy a gun, I need it to work, now. Not after 4 or 5 trips back to a manufacturer as I've dealt with before with 1911s. I love them. They feel great to shoot but don't have a place in my collection until all my needs are filled. A 1911 won't ever constitute a need again so long as I can buy lighter, more reliable, just as accurate handguns for much cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Sure.  Even the US Army.  M67.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top