Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually like Cody better than Dave. I went into the show thinking for sure it would be the other way around. You are right though he is the first hippy I've ever seen that isn't a waste of space. The guy actually lives in the real world and is cool enough to make jokes about his crazy hippy self. He thinks things through logically.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Cody was smart enough to stay away from the bees.  More than can be said for Dave.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess Bob Seger was right.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

People judge others by first impressions. He looks like a hippy. Time spent with him may prove otherwise, but thats the impression he gives off.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
yes

but he is/was on steroids I believe

His upper body is NFL type big. Not cut but extremely bulky.

The pictures I'm looking at dont show that.  

I was thinking he looked like a roider too, his arms are too big to be natural
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can respect hippies who actually walk the walk. In his case, barefoot.

This.  100% hippy is someone who I can respectfully disagree with.  Anything less and you get a facist just wanting to control you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I was jacked when I found out Cody had a show coming out! I have both of his books. "98.6" is good. "When All Hell breaks Loose" is better.

In the episode where they're in the Amazon, he says he weighs 210lbs. I find that hard to believe! He looks much bigger to me!
In both books he suggests using speed/caffeine pills. He says don't use them in a survival situation unless you regularly use them.

I would definitely like to see his workout regime.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

LCPL4ever where did you get your avatar and who is it?

The Cody Lundine AKA the bush hippie is a good dude, the army guy is a fool.

It is tory lane getting double fishhooked by vanessa lane in a bathroom

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How the blue fuck is that guy a hippy?

Hippies are useless fucks.

+2
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#9]
When All Hell Breaks Loose is without a doubt the best book on survival I've ever read.  One of the few books on the topic that considers that you'll find yourself at home WTSHTF, and have to make do there for weeks or months.

Cody is one sharp cookie, and if he wants to play hippy and wear his hair long and go barefoot, that's his business.  But he's not fooling me –– real hippies don't have jobs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
My favorite show so far right now and Cody is alright in my book so far.

No kidding, but Dave is just awesome.

Within a span of 4 episodes he took down a gator, a pig, a turkey, and a porcupine..

NO shit.

That kill on the turkey with the home made bow and arrow was badass.  I haven't seen the other episodes, but that one was pure win.

You did notice that the turkey was tied down by its leg, right?

I don't see what you see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xo0HocZGCA&feature=related

The turkey and pig were both set up for him.  He has also been outed for "Stolen Valor" and you'll notice that the show no longer touts him as an Army sniper... because he wasn't.

Not saying it's not true but where is your source?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Disclaimers at the beginning of the show say that situations are set up for them.  For example, in a show about traveling out of a flooded "hurricane ravaged" area,  Dave just happens to "find" a smoke detector with live 9 volt battery (in a place where there is no obvious house debris anywhere to be seen) and a piece of fresh, unrusted steel wool to start a fire with.

Entertaining but about as realistic as Bear Grylls.  Give me Les Stroud––he's boring but he's real.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He has also been outed for "Stolen Valor" and you'll notice that the show no longer touts him as an Army sniper... because he wasn't.

Source? This is from the show's webpage, I just copied it 30 seconds ago:

"Dave Canterbury has more than 20 years of combined military and civilian survival experience. He joined the U.S. Army at age 17, eventually becoming a Special Reaction Team (SRT) instructor and sniper. He trained soldiers in the U.S., Central America and Korea in unarmed combat and close-quarter techniques"

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He has also been outed for "Stolen Valor" and you'll notice that the show no longer touts him as an Army sniper... because he wasn't.

"Dave Canterbury has more than 20 years of combined military and civilian survival experience. He joined the U.S. Army at age 17, eventually becoming a Special Reaction Team (SRT) instructor and sniper. He trained soldiers in the U.S., Central America and Korea in unarmed combat and close-quarter techniques"

Sort of a source: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=638139&page=1

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I've always been irritated by "dude, I want to get in touch with Mother Nature" types, but it seems like Lundin does his thing and isn't a dick and doesn't lecture people about not doing exactly what he does, so it's ok in my book. And yes I've met people like that before.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sort of a source: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=638139&page=1

That sucks if true but these two guys are so much more real than bear grylis its hard to get too upset. Im not sure I would want him to leave the show but an explanation and apology would suffice for me.

I cant stand man vs. wild.

Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#16]
He's the man, and I really enjoy his books.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#17]
seems cool from what I have seen...I do wish he would carry around a pair of shoes for when they hit rough ground though.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Disclaimers at the beginning of the show say that situations are set up for them.  For example, in a show about traveling out of a flooded "hurricane ravaged" area,  Dave just happens to "find" a smoke detector with live 9 volt battery (in a place where there is no obvious house debris anywhere to be seen) and a piece of fresh, unrusted steel wool to start a fire with.

Entertaining but about as realistic as Bear Grylls.  Give me Les Stroud––he's boring but he's real.

Les has a new show starting on Friday...Beyond Survival
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Within a span of 4 episodes he took down a gator, a pig, a turkey, and a porcupine..

NO shit.

That kill on the turkey with the home made bow and arrow was badass.  I haven't seen the other episodes, but that one was pure win.

@0:37  Turkey hits an invisible wall.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I think Cody and Dave make a really good team, kinda that ying yang deal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#20]
He knows his trade and lives what he preaches; kinda hard not to respect that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I have read two of his books and the guy knows what he is talking about. The guy lives completely off the grid in amazing fashion. Check out his living arrangements if you can manage to pick up his latest book, real cool setup, something every one of us could do if we were motivated enough.

We tend to dismiss his type too quickly even though he doesn't really get all "in your face" about living the way he lives. He appreciates the simple things and simply wants to provide a good example.

I like the guy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Cries too much.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

NO shit.

@0:37  Turkey hits an invisible wall.

The turkey also made it a dozen yards and had been struck by an arrow. You think it's impossible that it just stumbled? Ever shot an animal?

Not saying it wasn't tied down, but i've seen wounded animals make it a short distance and then just fall over. If it was tied down, that doesn't make the technique demonstrated any less viable.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Cody and Dave make a great team.

I enjoy the show and would want either or both of them around if I was lost in the boonies.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top