I can do it I can quit smokin
(Went down to an 11mg patch yesterday)
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 11:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
satcong,
Just think that everytime you want a cig, you can put back that money to save for more ammo!! That will help you drop that habit!!
D(never fired up one)K
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I just quit and went on to cigars.  A lot more expensive, but a lot more enjoyable for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm gonna smoke one right now.

Good Luck quitting smoking!!!!!

BE STRONG
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are still thinking about it you have not got it whooped yet. I quit cigs cold turkey in 85' was doing 2 p[acks a day of camel straits. Started smokin' cigars again about 5 years ago. At least I am not inhaling. If you inhale a cigar you deserve anything you get.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes -  You can do it.  Hang in there.

Find something enjoyable to do when you get a craving.

Remind yourself what you [u]actually[/u] got out of smoking, and question every thought that it did something FOR you.

Develop new habits that reinforce your being able to do what you set out to do.

Remember how utterly shitty you felt when you were smoking and got a bad throat, bronchitis, or even step throat?

Also find some new hobby or other rewarding activity.

Last year in the news there was word that people who take up exercise have better success at quitting.  See a Dr. first.

Believe it or not, playing the harmonica (well, "blues harp") in helped me back in the 60's.    

Don't buy the damn things.  If you do, try leaving them on the dashboard of the car in the sun for about a week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to give it up soon myself.  Exercise definitely does help and is going to be my plan of action.  When your body turns your lungs up a notch to get more oxygen the last thing you'll want is a smoke.
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
[smoke]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Addictions.[smoke]
Good luck, with Cigs, cold turkey works great for me. I will go for months w/o.
My monkeys are Caffeine and food. I can go cold turkey on the Caffeine, but my wife wants to shoot me, because my heart rate goes down to 30
and I lay around. [B)]
Food is really hard to quit cold turkey.
Maybe a food patch?
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
To hell with giving up any food.  Exercise will take care of that too [^]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top