Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 7/1/2010 12:07:38 AM EDT
So I have this chronic problem with uber retarded, dumber than dirt mental defectives parking on my road strip and blocking my truck so I can't back out (which is next to my main driveway).  My blood has boiled at this for over a year.  The second to last straw was a few days ago when the new family across the street had a birthday party and the street was lined with cars.  Of course some plant life with legs parked directly behind my truck.  I asked the partiers if they knew whose it was and they said yes, the guy was nice, came to move it, and partially blocked my main driveway  When I tried to tell this nice idiot that maneuvering my big truck around vehicles on both sides of the street, with him still partially in the way was too difficult, he replied with "you can do it."  My wife had to stand behind the truck while I backed it out, and forward, and back, and then finally forward

So I headed to lowes and spent 100 bucks on:  two large metal sign frames.  2 no parking signs to go in said frames.  Two reflectors for each of the signs.  One of those tall plastic poles with a red reflector at the top.  The largest stencil set.  Gallon of red professional grade oil based paint to paint a no parking strip on half the gutter.  Can of white paint to paint "NO G/D M'FING PARKING OR I WILL GIVE YOUR SISTER'S NUMBER TO GSERIES FAL" on said red strip.

I've installed the signs with rocks around the legs.  A pic is forthcoming when the sun's up.

Tripwire and bear traps are being considered.

Things I realized:

1. I'm done ignoring it.  It infuriates me, people who block a vehicle are stupider than hell, and I don't want to argue with the permanently retarded.

2.  I'm done even considering looking for the retard to parked there.  Why the living flock should I go to the effort to track down someone so stupid that they block a vehicle??????1?  If they're too effing stupid to not park behind a truck, with signs everywhere, then they deserve a ticket or to get towed.

I can either argue with every retard who does it (it is always a type of argument, no matter how nice I am, because they don't want to get the hell out of the way) or I can take it to the next level and warn their brainless empty heads and then call the cops if they ignore my signs.

I've got this really good neighbor to my south who came over to me when I was installing the signs as the sun was going down.  He never leaves his yard unless he's driving somewhere.  The first words out of his mouth were "Holy crap."  We had a good laugh.  15 minutes later, my neighbor to the north walks up, whose relatives/friends are 99% of the problem with this, but I haven't wanted to argue with so I haven't said anything (I would have had to go over, knock on his door, and have an uncomfortable conversation with someone I rarely speak to or see).  We had a good conversation about many subjects for 10 minutes and he left.  This guy has NEVER left his yard to come talk to me until now.  I waive to him every time he passes.

These retards figure that since my truck is not parked on concrete that they can park behind it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]
-Start Engine

-Put in Reverse

-Punch it

-???

-Profit!
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait, what?  How are they blocking your truck?  Are they blocking your driveway?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wait, what?  How are they blocking your truck?  Are they blocking your driveway?

My main driveway is concrete.  The car goes there.  Next to that is a weeded side yard where I park my truck.  The tards constantly park behind the truck.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My main driveway is concrete.  The car goes there.  Next to that is a weeded side yard where I park my truck.  The tards constantly park behind the truck.

Maybe you shouldn't park your truck there.  Or pave it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where else should I park my truck?  The roof?  My front yard?  In front of other people's houses?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where else should I park my truck?  The roof?  My front yard?  In front of other people's houses?

So you're parking in your yard and denying people the use of the public street for parking?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curb?  Driveway?  Garage?  "Lawn" is not my first choice for parking a vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#8]
My neighbor has had a similar problem. Some guy bought his early 20 something son the house across the street. There is a tleast six cars parked over there daily. So far they haven't parked in front of my house. I do get tired of them turning around in my driveway instead of driving a couple hundred feet and turning around in the cul de sac.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, what? How are they blocking your truck? Are they blocking your driveway?

My main driveway is concrete. The car goes there. Next to that is a weeded side yard where I park my truck. The tards constantly park behind the truck.

Maybe you shouldn't park your truck there. Or pave it.

Where else should I park my truck? The roof? My front yard? In front of other people's houses?

So you're parking in your yard and denying people the use of the public street for parking?

So, parking where they park is not an option?

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Good idea about the signs - bit I'd change the wording - somethig like "Parking BEHIND THE VAN is RESERVED for sister-marrying window-licking RETARDS"
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oy vey.  It's a side yard, and the minute my truck is there, it becomes blocking a driveway if they park there.  No one wants strangers parking in front of their home/property, let ALONE if it blocks them in.  It's not like my truck is hard to see either.  All over the neighborhood people have done creative things to stop people from parking on their strip (which people will do if they get half the chance).
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I can't picture this thread turning out well.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#13]
OP, clearly we need ms paint.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Around these parts, if someone blocks your driveway or parks in it, then the police tow their vehicle to the impound lot.  I had a house in College Station where some kids had a party house across the street. They would park in my driveway and in front of it.  When I went across the street to ask them to move, they lied to me and told me it was not their truck.  The police came right out and towed the truck.  The kid was a slow learner, but after the third tow, he never did it again.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 1:24:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Sell your truck and get a nissan cube
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#16]
So, you're parking on the lawn and putting up your own "no parking" signs at the street?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Why don't you just park on the street yourself?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:13:45 AM EDT
[#18]
You wasted $100.

Why are you parking in a yard and not a driveway like a normal well-liked neighbor?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Paint or pics.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:21:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Pump a few rounds of 5.56mm into his car and he'll get the message.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why don't you just park on the street yourself?

That's actually a good idea, but the city cops go around giving out tickets galore for the most insane things if you park on the street here.  The city does it to make $$$.  A particular cop will come around on a sunday morning and go through several pads of tickets.  Some are bogus, and they hope people will just pay (my neighbor fought one and won after he dared to park his small square white trailer on the street).  Neighbors have gotten tickets if they straddle the gutter when they park on the street.  I guess you're supposed to park in the gutter, or the other way around (hell if I can remember).
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#22]
So parking is enforced so thoroughly by the police that you won't even park in the street, but they block you in without those same police catching them?

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:40:51 AM EDT
[#23]
A good day ranting in GD is better than a bad day fishing,,,,,,,

just sayin',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:41:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good idea about the signs - bit I'd change the wording - somethig like "Parking BEHIND THE VAN is RESERVED for sister-marrying window-licking RETARDS"

Nope.

"Parking: $25 per hour. Offenders will be booted."
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:42:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not getting the picture. It's a public street, right?  And they're not parking across your driveway, they're parking in the street behind the section of yard where you park your truck?  I must be missing the picture here. Are you driving over the curb when you back out onto the street?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#26]
What kind of BIG Truck do you have ?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:43:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So parking is enforced so thoroughly by the police that you won't even park in the street, but they block you in without those same police catching them?

Yes, because it has nothing to do with public safety, it's about revenue collection and exploiting technicalities so the city can rake it in.  There's no consistency or justice to it and no one ever knows when they'll come around (long stretches of no tickets, and then BLAM, a p.o.s. ticket for the stupidest technicality).  Since my truck is not on concrete I doubt the retards who park behind me would get a ticket.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait, what? How are they blocking your truck? Are they blocking your driveway?

My main driveway is concrete. The car goes there. Next to that is a weeded side yard where I park my truck. The tards constantly park behind the truck.

Maybe you shouldn't park your truck there. Or pave it.

Where else should I park my truck? The roof? My front yard? In front of other people's houses?

Oy vey. It's a side yard, and the minute my truck is there, it becomes blocking a driveway if they park there. No one wants strangers parking in front of their home/property, let ALONE if it blocks them in. It's not like my truck is hard to see either. All over the neighborhood people have done creative things to stop people from parking on their strip (which people will do if they get half the chance).

Fail.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I agree or pics of said parking area.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Do you have a son? Give him the BB gun and tell him you bet he can't hit the shiny new car.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:12:41 AM EDT
[#31]
The OP intended this thread to go right, but instead it appears prepared to pull a hard left.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:15:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like cars are parking legally in the street, and the OP is just pulling his truck into the grass and expecting people to not park behind it.  He then wants to mark off an area in the Public street for his use.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:20:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds like cars are parking legally in the street, and the OP is just pulling his truck into the grass and expecting people to not park behind it.  He then wants to mark off an area in the Public street for his use.  

That's the way it sounds to me.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of blocking a driveway being illegal do you not grasp?  Just because it's not paved doesn't mean it's not a driveway.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:26:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's my take on it. Nothing like a truck parked in the yard to increase property values.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Is the curb cut the entire driveway?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:26:53 AM EDT
[#38]
From Wiki:
A driveway is a type of private road for local access to one or a small group of structures, and is owned and maintained by an individual or group.

Driveways rarely have traffic lights, but some that bear heavy traffic, especially those leading to commercial businesses and parks, do.

Driveways may be decorative in ways that public roads cannot, because of their lighter traffic and the willingness of owners to invest in their construction. Driveways are not resurfaced, snow blown or otherwise maintained by governments. They are generally designed to conform to the architecture of connected houses or other buildings.

Materials used for driveways include concrete, decorative brick, cobblestone, asphalt, and decomposed granite, surrounded with grass or other ground-cover plants. Decorative stamped asphalt provides the look of stone or brick at a lower cost and requires little or no maintenance.

Driveways are commonly used as paths to private garages, carports, or houses. On large estates, a driveway may be the road that leads to the house from the public road, possibly with a gate in between. Some driveways divide to serve different homeowners. A driveway may also refer to a small apron of pavement in front of a garage with a curb cut in the sidewalk, sometimes too short to accommodate a car.

Often, either by choice or to conform with local regulations, cars are parked in driveways in order to leave streets clear for traffic. Moreover, some jurisdictions prohibit parking or leave standing any motor vehicle upon any residential lawn area (defined as the property from the front of a residential house, condominium, or cooperative to the street line other than a driveway, walkway, concrete or blacktopped surface parking space).[1] Other examples, include the city of Berkeley, California that forbids "any person to park or leave standing, or cause to be parked or left standing any vehicle upon any public street in the City for seventy-two or more consecutive hours."[2] Other areas may prohibit leaving vehicles on residential streets from 2 am to 6 am, necessitating the use of driveways.[3]

Residential driveways are also used for such things as garage sales, automobile washing and repair, and recreation, notably (in North America) for basketball practice.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:29:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because it's not paved doesn't mean it's not a driveway.

First time I've heard of a grassy driveway. "Hey dude, I'll be there in about an hour, I have to FO mow my driveway"

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/709/parkingfs.jpg

Your pic shows: main DRIVEWAY and weedy SIDE YARD

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:34:39 AM EDT
[#41]

Where bag o' douche has his car parked, is there a curb?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like cars are parking legally in the street, and the OP is just pulling his truck into the grass and expecting people to not park behind it. He then wants to mark off an area in the Public street for his use.

What part of blocking a driveway being illegal do you not grasp? Just because it's not paved doesn't mean it's not a driveway.

You can't call a yard a driveway because you park in it.  Your curb doesn't become your living room couch if you decide to sit on it either.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Curb or apron in front of this grassy "driveway"?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:36:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is, the minute a vehicle is parked there, it becomes a driveway.  Several neighbors have driveways that are more than one car's width.  So can I park in front of half of their driveway and block ONE of their cars but not the other?
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#45]
hmmmmmmmm....upon further mental deliberation, I think we will be seeing "more" from this OP.   Stay tuned...
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The point is, the minute a vehicle is parked there, it becomes a driveway. Several neighbors have driveways that are more than one car's width. So can I park in front of half of their driveway and block ONE of their cars but not the other?
The point is they have a driveway and you have a yard.  And no, the yard doesn't become a driveway when you park in it.  So wrong bro, so wrong.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The point is, the minute a vehicle is parked there, it becomes a driveway.  Several neighbors have driveways that are more than one car's width.  So can I park in front of half of their driveway and block ONE of their cars but not the other?

When you extend and pave your driveway, with the appropriate city approval, then you can bitch about people blocking your drive.  

Right now, their cars are LEGALLY parked in the street.  You're just parking your truck in the grass.  Maybe you should pull your car in the drive far enough forward for you to back your truck off your grass into your drive when you want to leave.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like cars are parking legally in the street, and the OP is just pulling his truck into the grass and expecting people to not park behind it. He then wants to mark off an area in the Public street for his use.

What part of blocking a driveway being illegal do you not grasp? Just because it's not paved doesn't mean it's not a driveway.

It's not a driveway.  You are in the wrong here.  I suggest you either call the cops and complain about illegal parking in front of your property - if it is indeed illegal parking...which it isn't.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if I had 1200 feet of frontage and parked three dozen cars along it, the whole neighborhood can then get fucked?

puh-huh-leazzeee.

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 3:42:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Curb or apron in front of this grassy "driveway"?

The side yard where the truck is parked goes gutter, then a strip of weeds (many neighbors have cemented it in), then sidewalk then area where the truck is parked.  My main driveway goes gutter, then concrete, then concrete sidewalk, then concrete the car sits on.  The ONLY difference between the two driveways is the lack of concrete.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top