Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/9/2010 9:24:57 PM EDT
The economic problems are starting to get worse and worse.  Crime rates are going to rise more and more in cities as the ones without seek to take from the ones who have something.

Rising energy costs are going to cripple the American lifestyle.  Cities will become deathtraps as food and water supplies skyrocket in prices.

If it does get bad enough, 95% + of city dwellers will die.

Those of you living and working in cities need to work on getting out, at least to the suburbs, in the next 6 months to a year.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Lose the tinfoil.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
But look at the positive side - we can ride around in those cool dune buggies like in the "Mad Max" movies.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
dude, it took Rhodesia a lifetime of constant fuckupery to get where it is today.  It ain't gonna happen overnight.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
FUCK!!!

i have to drive into the city to buy more tinfoil.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But look at the positive side - we can ride around in those cool dune buggies like in the "Mad Max" movies.

I want to be Lord Humongous!

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
In all seriousness, yeah things aren't exactly going really good right now.

But in the past year, or two years, how many times have people said "The end is right around the corner!!!!!!!"

ever heard of "the boy who cried wolf" ?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Oooooh... So IN on this one!

TAG!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
i'll feed my neighbors to my dog, then eat the neighbors' pets.  i wouildnt want to get mad human disease, or risk not having the canabilism gene
ETA i wouldn't be able to move out into the country, because i don't have any country type skills or job out in the country...i use my mechanical engineering in sugar land, tx.  my house is about 15 miles outside of down town houston.  it's quite crowded here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
95%, eh?

I was sure it would not exceed 87%, but you seem to be in the know.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Dance

6/7/2010 8:48:47 PM EDT

by trwoprod

you're suppose to make your posts in quatrains

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The economic problems are starting to get worse and worse.  Crime rates are going to rise more and more in cities as the ones without seek to take from the ones who have something.

Rising energy costs are going to cripple the American lifestyle.  Cities will become deathtraps as food and water supplies skyrocket in prices.

Those of you living and working in cities need to work on getting out, at least to the suburbs, in the next 6 months to a year.

Click me
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

I lol'd
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
that was so 2008
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But in the past year, or two years, how many times have people said "The end is right around the corner!!!!!!!"

The real lesson of The Boy Who Cried Wolf is not "Don't lie" it's "Never tell the same lie twice."  Damn good sentiment, and a free internet to anyone who can name its originator.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#18]

And in a related story... The Sky Is Falling!!!

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Speaking of all that, I wonder how many people built bunkers for Y2K?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
eh I need the target practice and don't wanna drive an hour to the range/desert.....bring it says this city drewler....ill post in a year when it just around that corner
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm gonna hunker down here and become king of my local death trap.

I've got a Taurus Judge and 87 rounds of birdshot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i'll feed my neighbors to my dog, then eat the neighbors' pets.  i wouildnt want to get mad human disease, or risk not having the canabilism gene
ETA i wouldn't be able to move out into the country, because i don't have any country type skills or job out in the country...i use my mechanical engineering in sugar land, tx.  my house is about 15 miles outside of down town houston.  it's quite crowded here.

What, specifically, are these? I've lived in the country my whole life and afaik, we don't have any skills that are exclusive to country people. We usually realize that food doesn't magically appear in the grocery store, but that's not exactly a secret anyway. I raised a garden this year for the first time since childhood. If I can grow stuff, anyone can. Visit the "outdoors" section for food and garden or preparedness type info.

Also..I don't have a job "out in the country". I work an hour away from home on stuff completely unrelated to country living.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing we all learned from "The Road": Youll probably die before you get to your bunker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I've heard that looters taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Someone wake me when society has collapsed to the point where I can start taking care of all the people on my list.  Until then, meh I say.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The price of gas has been going DOWN here, dude...

Hell, Premium was below $3/gal on Monday for the first time in months...

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#28]
wat?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#29]
What about the zombies?

I was promised zombies!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh no!  And the moon is leaving Earth orbit!  Tidal waves!  Hurricanes!  Oh my!

At the rate of a couple of feet per year.  Should break orbit in about a couple of hundred thousand years....mark the date on your calendars.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Good thing I bought another shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What about the zombies?

I was promised zombies!

that's what happens to the 95%
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

With chaps!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Finally. Now that I cashed out my 401k and bought gold, I'm gonna buy and sell all you suckas!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

He is right.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The economic problems are starting to get worse and worse. Crime rates are going to rise more and more in cities as the ones without seek to take from the ones who have something.

Rising energy costs are going to cripple the American lifestyle. Cities will become deathtraps as food and water supplies skyrocket in prices.

Wow.

That's pretty precise.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#37]
but I'm ok in the suburbs, right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'll meet you back here next year, same time - same GD. Ain't shit going to happen worth getting up riled about.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, had I built a bunker for Y2k, I'd still be using it and showing it off to friends. It would be money well spent
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Dont worry OP, i have already started making body armor out of old tire tread
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So the job market outlook will get better?

IMHO it is good to be prepared, have plenty of food and water stocked up. Now is good time to be the ant and not the grasshopper. I'm wearing a tinfoil headband at this time, not quite a full wrap. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#42]
There is already a thread on this.

It is in its 6th iteration.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Buying one of these this weekend

...in black of course

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Name a city in the last 200 years that has suffered a 95% death rate.

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Leningrad, Stalingrad? Nope.

Name some, even one,  please.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Name a city in the last 200 years that has suffered a 95% death rate.

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Leningrad, Stalingrad? Nope.

Name some, even one, please.

Whoa,

It that an anti doomer statement?

It is a logical statement.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]

will i still be able to flush my toilets?

i'd hate to shit on my finely manicured lawn

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I make sure to have a bunch of extra food (canned food, water etc...) on hand just in case of emergencies, but its not like one single event is going to lead to a complete breakdown of society.

Even if money tanked to pretty much zero, things wouldn't go to shit right away. Crime would go up, and emergency services would be WAYYY past their limits, but again, if you take care of yourself and have a BIT of common sense to prepare for bad times, then its not like we're about to get wiped out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying one of these this weekend

...in black of course

http://www.remington.com/~/media/Images/2010%20Products/Shotguns/870ExpressTac_81204-prod.ashx?w=570&bc=ffffff

Very nice!

I picked up something similar to this:

The long barrel should come in handy since the streets here are wide.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top