User Panel

Page / 30
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
bobcat
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ost, tagged for later, in on one, and all other applicable arfcom cliches.

You forgot ''CSB".

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to get in on the bigfoot thread.  

I saw a bigfoot in 1992 in Midway Utah from a distance of about 8 feet in bright headlights.  I never believed in bigfoot before then but I *know* there is at least 1 of them.  I have looked right into his face and seen his eyes.

the one I saw was *HUGE*. 7' plus and probably 700+ lbs.  gigantic.  and moved like a cheetah.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's the near fatal part?

Shitting your pants and screaming like a little girl is not near fatal. It's a character deficit, but it's not fatal.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Gert Johnnys!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do these stories always have a part about "the hair on the back of my neck standing up?"  I'm pretty sure field biologists don't get a spooky feeling when they are in the vicinity of other undiscovered species.

That’s how them sasquatches stay undiscovered. They have telepathy and can cloud men’s minds. But it doesn’t always work apparently. Perhaps that sensation is the result of this.

That’s probably why the sasquatch only show themselves one at a time. They send one member of the pack out to see if you are immune to sasquatch mind control.

That same telepathy is so powerful, it prevents men from taking a camera with them or forgetting they have a camera in their phone days after the event. Therefore posting pictures of ANY evidence they found after the fact, except to describe it here in words, is all we get.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ever happened to identifying your target?  There's a reason why we don't shoot every scary noise we hear in the woods.    

I don't think "hunters" identify targets. They hear something or see movement and start shooting. How else to people dressed in dayglo orange get shot every year?

Der dey go, Deeeeeeerrrrrr dey go!  Ebry tieme I be talkin bout boxin, some white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out dey azz!

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet you don't last the summer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]

or

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
bull fuckin shit on the bigfoot stories. In the history of man kind one person hasnt dropped the hammer on one, found a dead one, found bones of a dead one, taken a decent picture or anything concrete. A animal that size would be a busy mother just eating to stay alive, that means travel and lots of it. Its 2010 for god sakes people thats a long damn time to find one of those fuckers by now.

I agree with you.  You've summed it all up very simply.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The problem with photographic evidance is, that if the pics are good quality and clearly show something everyone screems fake, too clear, too easy to see it, must be a photo shop troll, if the pics are grainy and blury, then everyone screems fake, to blury, can't see shit, you're a blury pic troll.

So even if someone put up a good, clear pic, it would be fake, Bigfoot still wouldn't exist and no dead bones have been found., even if they bury / eat their dead, so whats the point.

My personal point of view, I like these stories and I like to think they are real, too many peopl from all over the world claim to see them, stories discribing them have been around for hundreds of years, again from all over the world BUT, I agree, someone would have shot at least one by now
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]

A GseriesFAL Bigfoot thread?  Oh, yeah, I'm in.  

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Yes.

Obviously Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#14]
My Father participated in at least one Sasquatch discovery expedition that was organized by the Mazamas during the late 1960's. The Mazamas are an old mountain climbing club here in Oregon. On one trip near Mt. St Helens they had an unexplained encounter. Something circled the camp during the night and made a godawful scream. He said it was louder than a loud truck horn. The next day they took many several photographs of it's tracks which lead up a near vertical cliff.

After my first encounter in 1994 I hunted the same area a couple years later with my friend. While down there we bumped into a guy we went to high school with named Russ. He was a couple years older than us but his family had hunted Gods Valley for 20+ years unknown to us. He knew of the same area we called the Dead Zone and strangely enough he and his family refered to it by the same name. He said he believed that a family of Sasquatch lived in that area of the forest which was why nothing else lived there. He told us that the year before he had been camped in the same clearing where I had my encounter. The clearing is bordered on one side by a creek and a hill. He pulled in one night to see someone standing in the creek. He thought it was a hermit. He called to the person. The person jumped out of the creek and ran up the hill where it stopped and watched him. Russ said he grabbed a flashlight from his truck and shined it at the person. When he did he saw the person was covered head to toe with hair as it turned to walk away. He shined his light in the creek and saw a gut bag in the water. He said another gut bag was tucked up underneath an overhanging log like it was being stored for later.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
How 'bout you tell the truth and describe bigfoot's penis this time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I experienced something out in the woods several years back though I never saw anything. Saying that here is my question! Why is it no one comes forth to claim they saw a Unicorn, Orc, Fairy, Goblin or Dragon when they were walking in the woods? Why is it that witnesses say they saw a black or brown 6-9 foot hairy hominid?  There are too many credible witnesses out there and too much physical evidence that supports these claims for it not to be true.  Flame away!
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting there could be a big foot or a type of mountain gorilla that lives in North America. The reason’s they haven’t been found yet very small population, very reclusive, bury or eat their dead. There are still parts of North America that is rarely visited by man. Don’t know if they exist or not.

A breeding population of large hominids would leave easily detectable foraging evidence, yet none has ever been found.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#18]
During the day I do not believe that bigfoot exists.  But at night, I know he is real.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why is it no one comes forth to claim they saw a Unicorn, Orc, Fairy, Goblin or Dragon when they were walking in the woods?

They do all the time, but they usually see lots of mushrooms, acid or LSD too.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it no one comes forth to claim they saw a Unicorn, Orc, Fairy, Goblin or Dragon when they were walking in the woods?

Really now? When was the last reported sighting? I would have to say the reports I have read about Bigfoot sightings consisted of normal people seeing this thing.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really now? When was the last reported sighting? I would have to say the reports I have read about Bigfoot sightings consisted of normal people seeing this thing.

cause people are told from child hood about things like big foot and scary men in the woods. Kinda hard to be afraid of a unicorn coming out of the woods in the middle of the night and stabbing you with its horn. so they let there imagination run wild and guess what they saw...bigfoot!
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Sorry, I don't believe in bigfoot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
#1 reason why hunters get shot.
Quoted:
What ever happened to identifying your target?  There's a reason why we don't shoot every scary noise we hear in the woods.    

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I used to hunt Elk

*SNIP*

Since then I no longer go into the forest alone and I hunt with an FN FAL.

I really need to start looking at who the author for a thread is before clicking on it.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My Father participated in at least one Sasquatch discovery expedition that was organized by the Mazamas during the late 1960's. The Mazamas are an old mountain climbing club here in Oregon. On one trip near Mt. St Helens they had an unexplained encounter. Something circled the camp during the night and made a godawful scream. He said it was louder than a loud truck horn. The next day they took many several photographs of it's tracks which lead up a near vertical cliff.

After my first encounter in 1994 I hunted the same area a couple years later with my friend. While down there we bumped into a guy we went to high school with named Russ. He was a couple years older than us but his family had hunted Gods Valley for 20+ years unknown to us. He knew of the same area we called the Dead Zone and strangely enough he and his family refered to it by the same name. He said he believed that a family of Sasquatch lived in that area of the forest which was why nothing else lived there. He told us that the year before he had been camped in the same clearing where I had my encounter. The clearing is bordered on one side by a creek and a hill. He pulled in one night to see someone standing in the creek. He thought it was a hermit. He called to the person. The person jumped out of the creek and ran up the hill where it stopped and watched him. Russ said he grabbed a flashlight from his truck and shined it at the person. When he did he saw the person was covered head to toe with hair as it turned to walk away. He shined his light in the creek and saw a gut bag in the water. He said another gut bag was tucked up underneath an overhanging log like it was being stored for later.

Interesting, so if you're so familiar with this area, you could pinpoint it on a map..or maybe even post GPS Coords.....right?  I wont even get into the reasions why you didnt just use youe superior groundfighting to make him tap out in 30 seconds..afterall Bigfoot is just a big Chimpanzee..isnt he??
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Was Grave Digger there also? Were they crushing cars?

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't get it. Why does "going camping" or "setting up camp" require the playing of radios or music loud enough so everybody in the wilderness can hear it?

This is a major aggravation I've experienced in more than one situation.  Campground resorts, you've got yahoos playing music loudly until 4AM. Private campgrounds, you've got yahoos playing music loudly until 4AM. State campgrounds, you've got yahoos playing music loudly and breaking beer bottles in the campfire until 4AM.

Super secret deer camp that only you know about and is located on 50,000 acres of privately owned forest, there's a yahoo just around the corner playing music loudly until 4AM.

What the hell is up with the music requirement for campsites?

You realize this is what pisses Bigfoot off the most, right?

You're interfering with his peace and quiet.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't get it. Why does "going camping" or "setting up camp" require the playing of radios or music loud enough so everybody in the wilderness can hear it?

I dont even want one at the campsite .

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Why in the fuck do people come out into the wilds and play their stereos at full volume. Leave the stereo off. No wonder he was pissed.

ETA: I posted without reading all the posts. This topic was covered in posts above.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#31]
until there is a picture of dead one on the front page of the paper I'm not 100% sure they exist. But, on the other hand there are new species being discovered all the time, and if a person can drop off the radar and never be found again whats to say that these things can't elude being found also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, so if you're so familiar with this area, you could pinpoint it on a map..or maybe even post GPS Coords.....right?  I wont even get into the reasions why you didnt just use youe superior groundfighting to make him tap out in 30 seconds..afterall Bigfoot is just a big Chimpanzee..isnt he??

The area has been heavily logged over the last 10 years. Before that time this area was very pristine wilderness. The dead zone is now a clear cut. My belief is that the Sasquatch that used to live in this area are now gone. I have also noted a decrease in sighting reports over the last 10 years in Oregon and Washington. I believe this is due to an severe decrease in Sasquatch populations. I have had other encounters that I will write about later when I get back from the gym. Here is a map of the area. Update. I remembered a story from some old timers that started hunting the area in the 1940's when there was still ferel cows running around. One of them is named Vernon Storm and one of the roads up there is named after him . During the 1960's a father and son had been hunting in the area on the ridge about a mile behind camp. The father put his son on a stand and told him to wait there and he would try to drive some elk around the point of the ridge where his son was.  The dad came back about a hour later and his son was gone. They had dozens of hunters, state police and sheriff deputies search for about a week. They found his rifle nearby but nothing else. He was never seen again. That ridge has been called Lost Boy Ridge by the locals ever since.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
until there is a picture of dead one on the front page of the paper I'm not 100% sure they exist. But, on the other hand there are new species being discovered all the time, and if a person can drop off the radar and never be found again whats to say that these things can't elude being found also.

ya but for 2000 years?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#34]
It was this guy:
Bigfoot
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In and hooked on BF

just curious........... what prompted you to tell your story now?

feeling the lack of attention is my guess
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting there could be a big foot or a type of mountain gorilla that lives in North America. The reason’s they haven’t been found yet very small population, very reclusive, bury or eat their dead. There are still parts of North America that is rarely visited by man. Don’t know if they exist or not.

A breeding population of large hominids would leave easily detectable foraging evidence, yet none has ever been found.

They're hiding with Colton Harris-Moore
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont even want one at the campsite .

+87 - the last thing I want to hear in the woods is loud obnoxious music.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Postwhore status: Check
4 threads started in last 24 hours: Check
Wore parachute pants and posts about it: Check
Story about " A Super Hot Female Friend on Facebook: Check
Always mentions "The Gym": Check
Multiple locked threads: Check
Enormously detailed Bigfoot sighting story: Check

You get the picture.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#39]
OST for the epic.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do these stories always have a part about "the hair on the back of my neck standing up?"  I'm pretty sure field biologists don't get a spooky feeling when they are in the vicinity of other undiscovered species.

That’s how them sasquatches stay undiscovered. They have telepathy and can cloud men’s minds. But it doesn’t always work apparently. Perhaps that sensation is the result of this.

That’s probably why the sasquatch only show themselves one at a time. They send one member of the pack out to see if you are immune to sasquatch mind control.

That same telepathy is so powerful, it prevents men from taking a camera with them or forgetting they have a camera in their phone days after the event. Therefore posting pictures of ANY evidence they found after the fact, except to describe it here in words, is all we get.

Yes, apparently so. Bigfoot mind control is powerful stuff indeed. Bigfoot can also apparently see in the IR spectrum, which is how he avoids all those game cameras.

Since I really encouraged Mr. GseriesFal to post his story I don’t want to be too hard on him. His story sounds pretty typical of bigfoot encounters and I’m not going to say it didn’t happen.

The whole bigfoot things fascinates me. On the one hand, it’s impossible for a mundane species the size of bigfoot to have escaped detection for so long. A big creature like that would need a tremendous amount of food and would therefore have to travel a lot just to avoid starvation. And there just aren’t all that many places left where bigfoot could possibly live undetected for long.

On the other hand it’s very difficult to explain away all of the stories, sightings, and even the physical evidence. A lot of people have similar stories and a lot of them are credible people who appear to be telling the truth.

And that’s the big mystery that fascinates me more than the idea of some large North American Ape. Why do people see these things? What is the mechanism? Where do the footprints come from? Are there that many liars and hoaxers? Do people hallucinate and see these things?

And maybe they are real and telepathic. There’s some evidence for human telepathy. There’s not much and it’s not reproducible on demand. But it’s still there. So, maybe a large humanoid species is more telepathically capable than we are and uses its mental abilities to hide from us. I really doubt it of course. In fact I doubt it so much that I’ll only jokingly suggest it because even I can’t take the idea seriously. But, at the same time, I can’t think of any way to prove it’s impossible.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#42]
love these stories !

I really envy you people living in place that you can go into the wild and be tens of miles away from "civilisation"... the idea of not being on top of the food chain makes it even more interesting (talking about grizz, not bigfoots) ...

I love your country, especially Wyoming Montana, Idaho, Oregon !
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a friend who claims to have seen one, up by the Canadian border while hunting...This is a man I served with in combat, he was in Op Just cause, Battle of Medina Ridge DS1 and OIF2..decorated with BSM with "V"...I have never know him to tell a lie....or show fear...he said it scared the shit out of him.......
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#44]
he just wanted your beef jerky. why you gotta shoot at him.....thats not nice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#45]
FWIW I believe you. I also believe crash's story.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#47]

These Bigfoot threads are always interesting. While I've never actually seen a Sasquatch with my own eyes, I've had a couple of things happen here in the Oregon mountains that I simply have no logical explanation for, and leave me very baffled. Not saying Bigfoot, but not saying no Bigfoot either.

Even IF I had a camera and got a great hi-res photo of one, I'll confess that I'm pretty danged good at Photoshop and could create a pretty convincing photo-llustration, i.e. even a real photo could easily be discredited as a hoax. Can't say I'd blame anyone either.

That said, until I actually drop a 'Squatch (preferably with my FAL

), and drag it in as physical evidence, (hair, blood, guts and all), this thread only reinforces my commitment to keep my pie-hole shut tight on the details about such matters.

ps. crashburnrepeat: I've seen you post your encounter several times. Intriguing.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#48]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1036417

Check out this thread. I don't think an FAL or even a 7.62 is mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#49]
You know one of the two guys who made the first supposed film of bigfoot admitted it was a hoax on his deathbed?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think I've read some of your "Dear Penthouse" stories .

Probably every bit as true, too...
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top