Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:38:43 PM EDT
here's the story, nothing fancy...a buddy of mine and myself were putting some flooring up in my garage over a tool shed so we could store our duck decoys up there out of the way in my garage...this jug was up there...havent a clue where/when it was made, what it resembles...either way i think its a pretty badass find, looks cool as shit...swastika brand grain alcohol....

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]

That is why it was a surprise –– and something of a shock –– to come
across a pre-Prohibition brand of liquor called Swastika Whiskey. The
liquor was produced by the Paul Jones Distillery of Frankfort KY and
the trademark registered with the federal government in the early
1900s. Its slogan was “Pride of the Capital.” Moreover, Sunny Brook
Whiskey, a Chicago-based outfit with a distillery in Louisville, issued
a Pre-Prohibition good luck piece with a rampant. swastika.

http://bottlesboozeandbackstories.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool find.  I have no idea about its history, but the swastika was used by a lot of american companies in the 1900-1920's as a trade symbol, before the Nazi's ruined it.  I grew up near lockport, ny and they had a flour company there durring that time period that used the name and symbol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Learn something new every day....
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Very cool find.  I have no idea about its history, but the swastika was used by a lot of american companies in the 1900-1920's as a trade symbol, before the Nazi's ruined it.  I grew up near lockport, ny and they had a flour company there durring that time period that used the name and symbol.

Our family was going through old photo albums and the like, and had a swastika greeting card. I had the nice job of convincing everyone NOT to throw it away , as the card was made in the early teens, and the nazis didn't use it up untill the 30s.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is why it was a surprise –– and something of a shock –– to comeacross a pre-Prohibition brand of liquor called Swastika Whiskey. Theliquor was produced by the Paul Jones Distillery of Frankfort KY andthe trademark registered with the federal government in the early1900s. Its slogan was “Pride of the Capital.” Moreover, Sunny BrookWhiskey, a Chicago-based outfit with a distillery in Louisville, issueda Pre-Prohibition good luck piece with a rampant. swastika.
http://bottlesboozeandbackstories.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

thanks for the link mate, that is interesting
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our family was going through old photo albums and the like, and had a swastika greeting card. I had the nice job of convincing everyone NOT to throw it away , as the card was made in the early teens, and the nazis didn't use it up untill the 30s.

think i am going to bring it to my office...something different and unique for sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top