Site Notices
7/23/2014 4:06:00 PM
Page:  / 4
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:23:18 PM
Josh, If there is any "exploitation" going on, then it`s by you, and the other anti-gun fanatics....Like your last article whining about concealed carry holders committing crimes, even though you clearly showed that such crimes committed were very, very rare.....Then there`s your "exploitation" of the term "AR15 assault rifle"...You, and others of your type, know that an assault rifle is a firearm capable of full-auto fire....The AR15 is no more an assault rifle than my putting the body of a Ferrari on a Smart car makes it a race car...The truth is, you see the writing on the wall...More and more people are, rightfully, ignoring your mindless prattling....The tide has turned....Most people in the U.S. believe they have a right to own a handgun....Most people believe that they have the right to self-defense using a handgun...Most States recognize the right-to-carry...You lost in Heller, and you are going to lose in McDonald....Soon you, and your followers will be remembered as nothing more than a Trivial Pursuit question....

from a canadian, no less
cyborg543
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:23:29 PM
Originally Posted By 3one5:
I guess I'm not seeing the decline in price. Can someone point me in the direction of declining prices on AR lowers?

there was most definitely a surge in gun demand and prices that has mostly passed

bought a 6290 on election day for $1150, went up to around $1800 for 9 mo., came back down

still waiting for the ammo prices to fall

Tommytwoguns
A .22 and a .38
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:24:02 PM

Originally Posted By Frank_The_Tank:
Charles Daly made AR's?

That was my first thought too.
- "In the broad spectrum of bad ideas what's presented in that video ranks somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster." - JW777
fadedsun
Wanted war criminal from texas
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:24:48 PM
Why was kassnar giving the time of day to sugarman?
Posted from my iPhone

Confucious say:"Do not break into house of man who have gun for every occasion"
Orbital-Burn
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:25:18 PM
Originally Posted By 3one5:
I guess I'm not seeing the decline in price. Can someone point me in the direction of declining prices on AR lowers?

you could get one of the ACRs before CTD starts selling them...

SS109
Republicans For Voldemort 2012
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:27:30 PM
I would have had to get a severe discount before I would buy a Charles Daly AR.

My FFL still sells lots of AR's, but at least now he has them in stock.

During the crazy time, he wouldn't even unpack the rifles, just call the guys who had ordered ARs.
When They Knock Down Your Front Door, How You Going To Come? With Your Hands On Your Head Or On The Trigger Of Your Gun?
Bassist Paul Simonon-The Clash
Chris0013
Need D/FW rally point for Fo Time...I lost my map.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:27:51 PM
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Maybe that'll drive down the price of uppers to something I can afford.

Also, declining gun-ownership? Pfft.

He's slightly wrong. The public bought all they could afford, not all they wanted. Money is tight, that's all. It's the same reason ammo prices are dropping. Soon you'll see people selling from their ammo hoards to get cash.

This...if I did not have to send 4500 in tax return and company bonus to my credit card I would have had a nice little trip to the fun store....unfortunately I am trying to get rid of my CC debt before buying any new toys.
When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree by the river of truth, and tell the whole world "No, You Move."

Captain America
osprey21
Known Associate
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:28:32 PM
Oy Josh, you're a moron.
You've never lived until you have almost died.
wingnutx
Build Fight Fuck
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:33:48 PM
You know the AR platform is doomed when the flagship manufacturer, Charles Daly, goes out of business.

TANSTAAFL

National pride is to countries what self-respect is to individuals: a necessary condition for self-improvement. - Richard Rorty
MaverickMkii
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:34:15 PM
Declining gun ownership? They didn't read the memo about U.S public buying more guns than all top 20 militaries in the world combined, all that just in 2009?
HardShell
Just happy to be here!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:42:36 PM

Originally Posted By Tommytwoguns:

Originally Posted By Frank_The_Tank:
Charles Daly made AR's?

That was my first thought too.

Yep. IIRC, CDNN is selling off the remainder of their lowers right now...

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
SamColt
Infidel
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:49:51 PM
LOL
what a doosh
EE FEEDBACK +47
shade_1313
B-Shop, Bitches!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:53:27 PM
Manufactured crisis, eh?

What was that thing about watching the left, what they accuse the right of doing is what is actually in their regular playbook?
manghu67
knifemakin' fool
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:57:42 PM
Charles Daly? Really? If Daly has a warehouse of guns they can't sell, it's probably not because there's a decline in demand for ARs, it's because nobody wants to buy a Charles Daly. I know I don't.

The American Kami
Brohawk
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:59:52 PM

I'll bet this past year saw a record for first-time gun buyers.
"I yelled "HEY!! W.T.F!!!?? as I pointed my M-OU812 urban ass-salt axe handle menacingly at him, just daring him to come take my gummy bears!"
wingnutx
Build Fight Fuck
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:00:49 PM
I looked for a Charles Daily last year when I was carbine shopping, but couldn't find one anywhere.

TANSTAAFL

National pride is to countries what self-respect is to individuals: a necessary condition for self-improvement. - Richard Rorty
stickfigure
Generally Disagreeable
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:00:59 PM
So what they are saying is that someone, was trying to take advantage of the growth of a false market (bubble) and got burnt when it didn't pan out?

Color me suprised.

Like no one was sitting on all the gun boards, shouting "Don't fuel the market!", "Stop panic buying!".

The AR-15 bubble was created by new gun owners trying to pic up an investment so they could make money off it later or people truly thinking that an AWB was coming.
We're invaders from another planet, we're invaders from another world... Martian Men look out for your planet... Earth Man's comin', to take control!!! EARTH MAN!!!
Brohawk
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:01:06 PM
When I read the article, I saw "CD misjudged how many people would want their product."

I haven't seen anything I'd characterize as a market-wide collapse.
"I yelled "HEY!! W.T.F!!!?? as I pointed my M-OU812 urban ass-salt axe handle menacingly at him, just daring him to come take my gummy bears!"
themagikbullet
Puttin' on the foil!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:06:13 PM
[Last Edit: 3/4/2010 5:06:41 PM by themagikbullet]

sugarman is such a twat. I bet he vajazzles.

Originally Posted By wingnutx:
You know the AR platform is doomed when the flagship manufacturer, Charles Daly, goes out of business.

indeed.
If I had a gun for every ace I've drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.
-Grateful Dead

Tu Ne Cede Malis.
Infantry26
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:06:45 PM
I do think most gun outfits don't understand economics well. *generally* They'd rather sell AR-15s that maybe cost 800 or so for 1400 even if it takes years to selll, instead of selling a dozen at 1000 bucks. EVERY gunshop I've ever been in acts like it's a privilege for them to allow you to purchase their high priced shit.

I completely understand paying a premium for having the item on hand––-that's cool, but I'm not going to pay $1400 for something that I can buy for $900-1000 online....especially when AIM Surplus is only 20 minutes away.
TW52
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:09:03 PM
AR's are still going off the shelves here...
doubleclaw
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:09:33 PM
Originally Posted By LoganSackett:
It's the Huffington Post. An IQ is optional to work there.

“Hooray for political correctness, wherein the civilized, educated and free lick the boots of blood soaked cavemen." - Cyborg543

http://www.ngms.state.ms.us/campshelby/Pages/Home.aspx
Zan
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:12:31 PM
It speaks volumes that liberals think they scored a victory simply because the public has shifted from buying more guns to stocking up on extra ammo. Remember, liberals have to manufacture success stories to keep their base pumped up.

Mosspointers
Lead Distribution System Quality Control Manager
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:13:03 PM
I bought my CD in Jan 2009 for 1k. Shoots great and everytime. Could of had a Colt for 1600. Right, no. Happy that I purchased it. Just waiting for ammo to drop.
The Saints are Superbowl 44 champs. Get over it. Who Dat! Get over that too...

Proud Member of Ranstad's Militia
AR15fan
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:13:26 PM
I have sold more guns and parts than I have bought since Obama got elected.
Nothing in this post should be considered information posted in an official capacity. It is the authors personal opinion alone.
arjohnson
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:15:13 PM
My safe shows no signs of a collapse, other than the added weight I put in it.
CujoTwoOne
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:18:16 PM
Fuck the huff
WhirlyGirl45
The Lady of situations
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:19:11 PM
Originally Posted By AR4U:
I like how that moron attributes the surge of gun purchases to the N RA

I wish I had money to take advantage of the market.
Its typical media reporting and attitude at work, fuck the facts just spew the same rhetoric over and over...anytime people fear the won't be able to buy something they will want it even more, sometimes I think Clinton was a closet gun lover....he armed many people who would NEVER have bought a semi auto weapon without the ill conceived AWB.

~1000's of posts...none of them useful.~
~If I were a car I'd be an Aston Martin Vantage Volage~
dragongoddess
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:20:11 PM
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
why wasn't this warehouse full of guns "nobody wanted" not liquidated via fire-sale prices on the internet?

I would have bought... a few.

Heck I would have bought a new safe just to fill it up with new guns. I think it's a pretty bogus article. If KBI/Charles Daly did go out of business it's probably the 8.4 million and climbing people without a job that caused it.
superjc
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:20:44 PM
Is Sally Struthers available to do a half-hour infomercial for unwanted AR's and a 1-800 number where you can "help out" pops up on the screen?
schizrade
255.255.255.257... The Chuck Norris Subnet
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:21:02 PM
Does this mean LaRue complete rifles will be 399.99 in the near future?
"I must study Politicks and War that my sons may have liberty to study Mathematicks and Philosophy."
John Adams

“The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design
Veracity
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:21:16 PM
What I'd like to write about good old Josh is a COC violation.
This will have to do till I think of something cool.
stickfigure
Generally Disagreeable
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:21:47 PM
Originally Posted By Zan:
It speaks volumes that liberals think they scored a victory simply because the public has shifted from buying more guns to stocking up on extra ammo. Remember, liberals have to manufacture success stories to keep their base pumped up.

Yep.

Gun panic buying typically go's like this.

Buy gun - check

Buy magazines - check

Buy ammo - check

Buy accessories - check

Buy gear - check

Get credit card bill - Breathe deep and slowly, think of reason/excuse/lie to tell SO...

Feel angry and jaded when SDNHTF (shit does not hit the fan) - contemplate selling everything to friend/sucker/oppurtunist to pay for CC bill and appease SO.

Contemplate getting a divourse and a cheaper, prettier SO.

We're invaders from another planet, we're invaders from another world... Martian Men look out for your planet... Earth Man's comin', to take control!!! EARTH MAN!!!
PantherArms762
Reality is Merciless.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:22:18 PM
All joking aside, I thought the pollsters said that libs were more educated than conservatives?

That article has every single kind of logical fallacy known to man. It truly makes NO FUCKING SENSE.

And just for good measure.

Posted By PFC-Demon: Thomas Jefferson taught me that sometimes you gotta shoot a motherfucker in the face with a rifle.

Someday someone may kill you with your own weapon, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Lord_Grey_Boots
Another misplaced Canuck.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:23:18 PM

Originally Posted By wingnutx:

Okay, that made me giggle.
-ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ-
When I hear hoof beats, I look for horses, not zebras. Some folks look for unicorns.
dphill
Cheese Filled
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:24:13 PM
Truth in journalism
Too much giant pink penis.~JW777
Blackwind
Semper Fi - Recon Monkey
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:24:21 PM
Originally Posted By Daytona955i:
Yeah one company that apparently had a poor business model closes.That really shows a total market collapse. Maybe if they hadn't overproduced by so much and were not behind on the demand push...

Economics fail.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " -George Orwell
Celer, Silens, Mortalitas
"Swift, Silent, Deadly"
superjc
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:26:01 PM
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/01/13/gun-owners-buy-14-million-plus-guns-in-2009/

Declining gun ownership? I lol'd.
Hedonist
Keep shooting, my friends...
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:26:11 PM
Fiction.
I don't always get to the range, but when I do, I prefer Dos AKs.
JaredGrey
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:26:38 PM
Doing my part to prove this Josh dipshit wrong.
Boom_Boom_Kitty
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:40:28 PM
I'm sure sales are slowing, by now almost everyone has already gotten their AR15.

Thanks Obama.

beltfed74
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:49:39 PM
So the fucktards at KBI/Charles Daly couldnt run a business and the whole industry is collapsing. Is that what Im reading?
GySgtD
FMCR
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:57:15 PM
Originally Posted By Rosenrot:

No one is going to pay $1200 $1400on a gamble.

Drop on by the Sig forum for a spell

When your enemies are killing each other, get out of the way.
Ragin_Cajun
Rivit of Dead
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:08:16 PM
HA...

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

MUUUUHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

HOHOHOHOOO

WOOOOOOOOOO

<wipes eyes>

Scuse me, I gotta get a glass of water

...so they're gonna be giving away Noveskes any day now, AMIRITE
Ohne Schwefel und Salpeter gibt's keine Freiheit!

A is A
Tech-Com
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:10:07 PM
Does this mean that the price of the Bushmaster ACR might actually be a good business choice? For me the Ar-15 was just out of my reach for many years now I have quite a few. Maybe they are trying to create a new market that is just out of the reach for most, thus dodging the Ar-15 collapse with the ACR. Otherwise I can't imagine they would be that stupid lol.
scootr29
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:12:43 PM
I asked on the Charles Daly forum last year if I could buy a M4LE upper for my Charles Daly lower. They said they did not have any to sell?

WTF
ranchhand
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:13:04 PM
Originally Posted By M4-AK:

He's slightly wrong. The public bought all they could afford, not all they wanted. Money is tight, that's all. It's the same reason ammo prices are dropping. Soon you'll see people selling from their ammo hoards to get cash.

+1, we just don't have the cash to absorb the increased production
widmn
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:21:28 PM
A lot of folks I know did stop buying AR-15s folks. They graduated to AR-10s!! LOL.
Charles Daly?????
OlCrow
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:25:00 PM
I don't own any Assault Weapons.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

"I know not what path others may take, but as for me, Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!"
arowneragain
Jesus Saves!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:27:25 PM
I really hate to see CD leave the business, but they've been a name - bought and sold repeatedly - and nothing more, for a long time. The really sad part is that I understood that they actually made a really nice AR.

<––-goes to CDNN site to look for deals.
...But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay...All my familiars watched for my halting...But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one...

Jeremiah 20 9-11
Page:  / 4