Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I just got the Vortex Strikefire in today and mounted it on my son's ar and sighted it in. I'm really impressed with it for the money. The mount seems solid enough, but if that changes, I can get a better one. the dot is clear and easily visible in the Carolina sun in red or green, though the green is better in the sun in my opinion. It's not an aimpoint, or an eotech, but for our purposes right now, it seems gtg. The 2x thing is kind of cool as a toy, but it may not be very useful other than that. I will have to tell Brandon,( my son), that he must get used to pressing the on/off switch twice, and to check it to be sure it isn't still on every time he puts his rifle in the safe. I think he'll like it. If it holds up, we'll both like it. I want to thank you guys for helping me make my decision. Thanks

Good to hear you're happy with it.

Can't really go wrong with the Vortex IMO.

Link Posted: 2/23/2010 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't trade my Vortex Strikefire

HH
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
S.P.O.T. Mk III?  

I'd like to get one for my AR once I get an upper.  Budgetary concerns have me holding off on it for now.

ETA:  The Vortex Strikefire looks pretty dang interesting.  Do they come with a mount?
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. Some have said it's a cheapo, but it looks pretty decent to me. I guess time will tell.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
This "You need to wait and spend hundreds more because only a military-grade optic will do" shit when some asks about a budget red-dot for a kid's plinking gun never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This "You need to wait and spend hundreds more because only a military-grade optic will do" shit when some asks about a budget red-dot for a kid's plinking gun never ceases to amaze me.

"Gear Queers"

They mostly need to say stuff like that to make themselves feel better about dropping serious coin on name brand accessories which mostly just sit on their safe queen guns.  

I saw a thread here a few years ago where the S.P.O.T. MkIII was TORTURED.  I mean left in the snow, left in the rain, left submerged, bolted onto a 1919 and fired a bunch, stuck on an AR which was THROWN 30 FEET IN THE AIR.  TWICE.  And the fucker kept on ticking.   The only drawbacks compared to a similar model AimPoint were a less clear dot and lower battery life.   And the gear queers STILL said they would never trust their lives to it.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top