Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 8:38:58 AM EDT
I can't get any website links to work from this site anymore. It doesn't matter if it a news link from the homepage or something in the forums. The browser I'm using is AOL 7.0

Never used to have problems until the last few weeks, now it's like it gets stuck looping in the middle of downloading.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
When I click on a link, it acts like it is trying to connect to that site (the little hour glass icon replaces the usual mouse pointer), but it never completely downloads. It acts like it's stuck in a loop or something. A blank window{?} pops up, which is normal while a site is loading, except it never progresses any further. A merssage at the bottom of the window says "please wait while connecting to site".[:(]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It's just links that open into a new window. I was afraid yoy would say it was a AOL 7.0 glitch. Thanks all the same.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what the "paging box" is.???
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I can get around in the forums and posts, and multiple pages are not a problem. I'm having trouble with links from this site to another site. For example, if I want to check on a news link from the homepage, it starts to go to the web address, but never downloads. If I'm in the forums, lets say "General firearms discussion" for example, and I'm reading someones posted topic. In this topic someone posts a link either to another website or to another post or forum on this site, then I have the same problem. My browser acts like it's trying to connect/contact that site, but never downloads.

So far I've only noticed this problem on this site since upgrading to AOL 7.0 . I've never had any kind of problem with links before and I haven't been able to figure out why I'm having trouble.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:05:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, it turns out I'm not just having trouble with this site and it's links. I played around with the advanced settings of my browser and they seem to be working now. Wish I knew for sure what I did to get the links to other sites working. Oh well, thanks for the time you took to advise me on this problem.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I was wrong, still having trouble with links.???!!!!????
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
test.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top