Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/10/2001 12:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2001 12:33:07 AM EDT by USPC40]
After sending a bunch of emails to the same address (we were having an email conversation), my messages are now not being delivered. Instead, they are returned with a message that they have been blocked by some anti-spam crap. Here is the part of the message heading that I'm refereing to:
X-RBL-WARNING: (dialups.mail-abuse.org) See X-Note: This E-mail was scanned by Declude JunkMail System at Web-Comm Technologies for spam.
View Quote
I'm using the POP3 access with Outlook Express. Is there any way to undo this? I need to be able to email this person. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:51:36 AM EDT
This is an easy one ! We have installed a "Declude AS" anti-spam gateway that checks all inbound and outbound mail. (we also have a "Declude AV" anti-virus gateway installed which handles virus scanning) Each piece of mail is checked against set criteria and against a database of "known spam sources". We have configured the system to ALERT ONLY. This adds an "X-RBL-WARNING" header to the E-mail. Most users won't ever see this. However, if they want, they can add a filter to their E-mail software to test for this header. That allows them to have full control over what happens to the E-mail. What you might be experiencing is SMTP (outbound) mail server blocking by your ISP. Certain ISP's (MSN / Earthlink - Mindspring / etc..) have recently begun blocking their users from sending mail through mail servers outside their network. There is a simple fix for this. Simply use your ISP's SMPT (outbound) mail server for outgoing mail and the mail.ar15.com POP3 server for your incoming mail. Alternatively, you can also use the AR15.com WebMail system which does is not affected by this restriction. Please e-mail me the complete message header if you get a chance. Thanks, RBAD
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 11:10:27 PM EDT
Please e-mail me the complete message header if you get a chance.
View Quote
Well, I e-mailed the header to you. Any word? USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Top Top