Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 5:13:49 PM EDT
I'd love a feature or option to be notified in my control panel or in an alerts section whenever someone quotes my post.

I spend a lot of time often trying to find my post to see if anyone responded to it. Usually no one has
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Be careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have wanted that for years. It would be great. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This, it can get out of hand in an instant.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im 100% sure. What good is a discussion forum if you lose track of people responding to you? It takes a lot of effort to follow up on multiple threads, it would be a great feature.

Ideally, there would be an "Alerts" section in your user drop down or an icon that you can click to see when you were quoted. If that wasn't possible, id opt for the full screen notification.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This, it can get out of hand in an instant.
View Quote
Yea and you can just turn it off :)

Or if it was implemented as an extra icon next to your user profile, messenger, logout button it wouldnt be intrusive at all
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have wanted that for years. It would be great. 
View Quote
Totally agree. Its too much to keep up with topics that go multiple pages... or if you participate in multiple threads every day its unmanageable to look through every thread

Site staff, think of it as a feature that would encourage participation. I've looked back at old threads I forgot about, only to notice someone quoted me and I never had a chance to get back to them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top