Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2017 11:28:47 PM EDT
Nobody else has a really good one and ARFCOM'ers love dicking around with stuff like this. 

Smart home tech is really taking off right now and since all of us are mansion-owning millionaires, we need an outlet in which we can constantly one up each other with our magnificent home modifications.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not do it here?  I love tech.  Just no money to buy the stuff want.  There are raspberry pi's there are arduino's.  There is soo much that can be done, what are you wanting to accomplish?  The arduinos can do home security, relay tripping, etc.  You can do it, google is your friend.  www.adafruit.com is awesome also.  

pfsense.org is a powerful router in which you can do vpn to your home, keep it secure, use good passwords.  you can then do whatever you want, turn on lights, view cameras, etc.  

The world is tech, it can be done and it can be googled :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Alexa/Iris/Osram running here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm about to start a Homeseer conversion (I think).
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm about to start a Homeseer conversion (I think).
View Quote

Any picks on interfaces yet? I think you get two free these days.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Nah... I just have the Z-wave stick and I'm setting up a Docker bucket on my Synology 1515+ so that I can install the 30 day trial software. Before all go all-in, I want to see if it will work well with the 70 devices I currently have installed around the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top