Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
How about just a drunken deplorables forum.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about just a drunken deplorables forum.  
View Quote

That's what we have been asking for over the last two pages
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Bumping for humanity!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread needs moar Bowmore!

and then something else:

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Need pics of the Finnish whisky!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Here´s a few of them.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

STI, how much is the Portwood Finish in euros?
View Quote

I`m sorry .... it`s sold out everywhere. It was an Limited Edition with total of 1176 bottles only.

edit.

I found a "whisky world backdoor" wherefrom I can ask. Althougt it takes a little time ... a week or two ... maybe ... to get an answer. But anyway, if you have your patience on tiptop condition, you`ll get the answer.

edit. II

It costs around 90-95 euros. (125$ ???)
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I`m sorry .... it`s sold out everywhere. It was an Limited Edition with total of 1176 bottles only.

edit.

I found a "whisky world backdoor" wherefrom I can ask. Althougt it takes a little time ... a week or two ... maybe ... to get an answer. But anyway, if you have your patience on tiptop condition, you`ll get the answer.

edit. II

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit.

edit. II

Another ARFCOM avenue to spend my childrens inheritance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

edit.

edit. II

Yup, but our Finnish connection needs to start posting regular updates on his scotch collection!!  Something like "STI's whisky of the week."  His collection is impressive.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyone,

Until our forum becomes official, post what you are looking for on here.  A few of us have been IM'ing each other our list of whisky/whiskey wants for each other to keep an eye on while out on our hunts.  I have a few members' want lists.  Since we are located all over the world, others may find what you cannot find, find more of it, find it cheaper or might be willing to part with something from their collection.  

PS And, keep lighting up this thread until we get our forum!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]
There seems to be quite a bit of interest so why not?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]
My LA Booze Fairy has access to some stuff I can't get up this way.  We sort of did a trade and my package arrived today.

Oh, oh, end is a bit smashed but no signs of a spill:

Hummmm, what could it be that has such a tall bottle?

Ah, two bottles of Willett and Weller Special Reserve - Thanks LSUTiger - They look cloudy as they had a second "cold" filtering waiting out on the porch until the wife and I returned from her birthday dinner.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My LA Booze Fairy has access to some stuff I can't get up this way.  We sort of did a trade and my package arrived today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3705-120835.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3706-120836.jpg

Ah, two bottles of Willett and Weller Special Reserve - Thanks LSUTiger - They look cloudy as they had a second "cold" filtering waiting out on the porch until the wife and I returned from her birthday dinner.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3708-120837.jpg
View Quote

Cloudy is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it means they weren't cold chill filtered.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3705-120835.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3706-120836.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG-3708-120837.jpg
View Quote

Our first success story!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Make whiskey great again!
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#18]
So, still no presence from a staff member here? What gives? Give us a whiskey forum!  MAKE ARFCOM GREAT AGAIN!! #MAGA
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I vote yes
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup, but our Finnish connection needs to start posting regular updates on his scotch collection!!  Something like "STI's whisky of the week."  His collection is impressive.
View Quote

Well ... eh ... Thank You Sire, , but I personally think  that my collection is just a "collection", but when fellow ARFCOMer asked, "teh whisky of the week", pic here:

Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#22]

This is hopeless ....

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is hopeless ....

View Quote

I feel your pain.  I am about to start posting pleas to GD for more support.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:24:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Not hopeless it take a little time.  I'd vote yes for a whisky subforum!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not hopeless it take a little time.  I'd vote yes for a whisky subforum!

Cheers!
View Quote

I have faith, but it's killing me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Looking for any store picks of OWA or ER.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I feel your pain.  I am about to start posting pleas to GD for more support.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Looking for any store picks of OWA or ER.
View Quote

Did you say weller?

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Have any staff even seen this thread?

Surely they have?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#33]

I wish I could find a handle of weller 12. I haven't seen one of those in years and I live 15 minutes from buffalo trace. I guess no shoes for the cobbler's children.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wish I could find a handle of weller 12. I haven't seen one of those in years and I live 15 minutes from buffalo trace. I guess no shoes for the cobbler's children.
View Quote

i cant find them either. facebook groups are your friend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

i cant find them either. facebook groups are your friend.
View Quote

Weller 12 on auction

Weller 12 listings on Bottle-Spot
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know a good price to offer for a Kilchoman Port Cask?  I found one, and the seller asked for a reasonable offer to sell.  I cannot find a going price at auction to use as a reference.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone know a good price to offer for a Kilchoman Port Cask?  I found one, and the seller asked for a reasonable offer to sell.  I cannot find a going price at auction to use as a reference.
View Quote

If you want it, and you found it at a reasonable price, why not just buy it and be happy?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#38]

I don't know. I refuse to pay more than retail. Other than my bookers 25, I've never paid more than  retail and I plan to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't know. I refuse to pay more than retail. Other than my bookers 25, I've never paid more than  retail and I plan to keep it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What was/is retail?  I can let you know if I come across it at that price or close to it.  I am building up a pretty impressive list of everyone's wish list and a pretty good map of all the liquor stores in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you want it, and you found it at a reasonable price, why not just buy it and be happy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want it, but I do not know what I could offer as a reasonable/fair price.  He's is looking for me to present an offer, as he is apparently not sure either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What was/is retail?  I can let you know if I come across it at that price or close to it.  I am building up a pretty impressive list of everyone's wish list and a pretty good map of all the liquor stores in Louisiana.
View Quote

You've got a better chance to find it than I do. Buying any bourbon is hard in Lexington. Even Elmer T Lee is usually raffled off here with pappy's. The weller 12 MSRP is only $24. That's why I laugh at how much people ask for it. I might even be willing to pay someone double retail for them finding it, but I'm not paying some jackass 4 or 5 times the retail for creating an artificial shortage. There are a lot of great whiskies I can buy for way less than they want for it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You've got a better chance to find it than I do. Buying any bourbon is hard in Lexington. Even Elmer T Lee is usually raffled off here with pappy's. The weller 12 MSRP is only $24. That's why I laugh at how much people ask for it. I might even be willing to pay someone double retail for them finding it, but I'm not paying some jackass 4 or 5 times the retail for creating an artificial shortage. There are a lot of great whiskies I can buy for way less than they want for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's added to the list.  This hobby has gotten so bad, I am actually scheduling deposition dates around my whisky/whiskey hunts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#43]
EC 23 and 18 have been received by the VA ABC, 30 bottles of the 23 and 199 of the 18 for the entire Commonwealth.  They will be conducting a lottery for each.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
EC 23 and 18 have been received by the VA ABC, 30 bottles of the 23 and 199 of the 18 for the entire Commonwealth.  They will be conducting a lottery for each.
View Quote

Both are always available at the gift shop, but at stupid prices $200.00 for the 18 and $350 for the 23.  I used to pay $40 for the 18.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Both are always available at the gift shop, but at stupid prices $200.00 for the 18 and $350 for the 23.  I used to pay $40 for the 18.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABC lottery has them at $200 for the 23 and $129 for the 18.  They 'ain't stupid when it comes to raising money and our excise tax is like #2 in the nation.  E.H. Taylor small batch is coming, but on-line ordering only.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ABC lottery has them at $200 for the 23 and $129 for the 18.  They 'ain't stupid when it comes to raising money and our excise tax is like #2 in the nation.  E.H. Taylor small batch is coming, but on-line ordering only.
View Quote

That's about what I paid for my 18, but we only pay sales tax on our's no other alcohol taxes. It's a gorgeous bottle, but a little over oaked compared to previous years. That's a big problem with all of our bourbon though. We've had colder winters (polar vortex events 4 years in a row) and less humid summers, that are resulting in higher evaporation, as well as more dramatic movement in and out of the wood. This has left any bourbon over 10-12 years tasting a little "off" compared to older bottlings of the same bourbon. At least the bottle is pretty though.

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks OP!! Relevant to my interests as well. Headed to Marcellos here in Lafayette sometime today to browse. 
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Thanks OP!! Relevant to my interests as well. Headed to Marcellos here in Lafayette sometime today to browse. 
View Quote

I am in Lafayette too.  Philippe's is better, in my opinion.  The staff (Philippe's family) is much, much nicer, and actually love what they do.  Talk to Sebastian.  He works at the main store on Ambassador.  They have a smaller store now in the Oil Center not too far from Cigar Merchant.  He's Philippe's son, and the person in charge of the whisky/whiskey.  He's a wealth of whisky/whiskey knowledge, and he doesn't gloat in his knowledge or tries to be "too cool" like you can sometimes find at Marcello's.  He said he is changing their whiskey buying model this year and is focusing on only small batch distillers.  It could be interesting.  I found a killer place in Covington too.  It dwarfs Marcello's AND Philippe's.  I can IM you the location later.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I am in Lafayette too.  Philippe's is better, in my opinion.  The staff (Philippe's family) is much, much nicer, and actually love what they do.  Talk to Sebastian.  He works at the main store on Ambassador.  They have a smaller store now in the Oil Center not too far from Cigar Merchant.  He's Philippe's son, and the person in charge of the whisky/whiskey.  He's a wealth of whisky/whiskey knowledge, and he doesn't gloat in his knowledge or tries to be "too cool" like you can sometimes find at Marcello's.  He said he is changing their whiskey buying model this year and is focusing on only small batch distillers.  It could be interesting.  I found a killer place in Covington too.  It dwarfs Marcello's AND Philippe's.  I can IM you the location later.
View Quote
Please do that. I've been to Philippe's many times but mostly for wine. Plus it's been a while. I'll make my first stop at the Ambassador and talk to Sebastian. Thanks for the intel. Just a thought, hometown gathering at The Cigar Merchant for smokes and whiskey? Ive done it a few times before many moons ago as well as poker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Please do that. I've been to Philippe's many times but mostly for wine. Plus it's been a while. I'll make my first stop at the Ambassador and talk to Sebastian. Thanks for the intel. Just a thought, hometown gathering at The Cigar Merchant for smokes and whiskey? Ive done it a few times before many moons ago as well as poker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN!!  Name the date and time.  I would prefer a weekend.  Heading to Philippes in a half hour.  I will IM you my info.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top