Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 11:17:43 AM EDT
In the past few years all of the big forum network software has moved to a notification system when someone interacts with you in threads.

Currently on arfcom you have to subscribe to a thread or be a team member with the green button and keep re-checking the thread to see if someone quoted your post or replied to you.

It would be nice if we could get quote notifications somehow either via opt-in email or with a new button sort of like 'active topics' but a button that lets you see all the places someone specifically quoted your post or replied to you.

A more complex version of this is to have embedded post tags similar to @ tags on social media where you can tag a username in the posting so they either join in the discussion (like a 'ping') or so that they know you replied to them.

Both could obviously be implemented and these would eliminate lots of 'hit and run' postings where you don't know if the user has ever re-checked your response to them.

I know that I post so much that I honestly forget which threads I post my asshole comments in so I almost never respond to others after going to sleep

The 'Rivals' sports forum is a great example of this.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 to this request.  I start having a conversation, have to leave for a bit,  can't remember which ones I was in and my subscribe list is long, it'd be nice to get a notification if someone quoted you.

either an actual email/alert in your system, or in the Subscriptions list, highlight ones you've been quoted in and stack them at the top in their own section over the top of the normal subscriptions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like this idea and came here to post a similar suggestion about quote notifications.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
this should be a really high priority.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Being asked for again in GD

IS PROPHECY!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
+1, I use a different forum and it notifies you every time you are quoted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top