Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2015 1:11:11 PM EDT
I would love it if we had a list that you could add people too that instead of ignoring all their posts, it would color the background of their posts a different color. (like how you can set OP's posts to show yellow)

This could serve as a reminder to tell you so and so is a troll, not worth arguing with, do not do business with in the EE, etc. I'd prefer this to hiding posts that are going to end up quoted 20 times anyways.

Either have a separate list that does this or better yet, a checkbox next to ignore list entries that you can click to color their posts instead of hiding them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Geentext?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geentext?
View Quote

No, since anyone can change the color of the font they post. The background thing would be better as the functionality already exists in the forum software. If you have the option selected in settings to color OP posts yellow, you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, since anyone can change the color of the font they post. The background thing would be better as the functionality already exists in the forum software. If you have the option selected in settings to color OP posts yellow, you'll see what I mean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geentext?

I like your suggestion as hiding the posts doesn't work well since as you said they are quoted over and over anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, it would be great if we had some feature that indicated the level of feedback/reliability someones' EE transactions have had.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree, it would be great if we had some feature that indicated the level of feedback/reliability someones' EE transactions have had.....
View Quote

Feedback is good, but it doesn't really help if someone decides they don't want to do business on principal based on their conduct in other areas of the site. Also, that is just one of many possible uses for such a feature.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]
sounds like a good idea to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top