Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2015 3:42:31 AM EDT
In general.

Boating discussions should not be relegated to a minor "fishing boats" subsection of the outdoor forum.

There are a wide variety of boaters on arfcom, from kayakers all the way to megayacht operators.  We can discuss things there that run the gamut from paddle selection to fishing rod storage all the way to sail trim and troubleshooting engine problems.

We have two separate forums for "grooming and haberdashery" and "shaving" under the general tab.  Is it not possible to create a general discussion for boaters?

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
+1
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to see a boating forum.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#3]
We need a boating forum.  There are many boat owners.  Only thing we have is a "fishing Boat" forum that is buried.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm all for it!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 I'd love to see a boating forum.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the idea being a new boat owner.

Always forget about the "fishing boats section"
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1 I'd love to see a boating forum.
View Quote

This.
I would guess that we have more boat owners than scuba divers on this site and they have a forum.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump

I'd definitely like to see a boating forum.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
If we can't get a stand alone boating forum in general, how about adding it to cars and bikes?

Cars, bikes and boats?

Stand alone would be better.

The fishing boat forum doesn't get much attention and boat questions in GD always devolve into a bunch of GDness.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If we can't get a stand alone boating forum in general, how about adding it to cars and bikes?

Cars, bikes and boats?

Stand alone would be better.

The fishing boat forum doesn't get much attention and boat questions in GD always devolve into a bunch of GDness.
View Quote

If there was a rule that anytime someone said BOAT break out another thousand or the 2 best days, they could be banned, I would be ok with just having the questions in GD.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought Bikini pictures ver verboten here, a boating specific forum would likely have that kind of thing even if inadvertently.
We can't have that!

BAN THE BIKINI!

At least that is my theory on why there is not a specific boating forum, fishing boats are ok, how often do you see bikinis on a fishing boat?
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for a boating forum.  There is a forum for everything else, why not boats?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I also vote for a boating forum.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#14]
that would be great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top