Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2015 3:45:00 AM EDT
The search function needs huge update. Why if i use Google to search on this site and the post is in the archives the Google link stops at the archive page, i see post after post "search before you ask this question for the 50th time", Well you cant for some dumb ass reason, you can only go back 30 days with the site search.
There is a wealth of info that is just wasting away, according to Google  there are several post/threads about the S&W 622/422 being used with a suppressor but i cant access it over if its over thirty days old for some reason. I'm not the most tech knowledgeable but today isn't the first time i have used a computer.
Please can someone tell if I am doing searches wrong, why cant you go back very far??
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
$24
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$24
View Quote

what LUA means to say is if you can afford a membership, the search goes back further. I still use google to search here, though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the Archive Search not available to non-paying members?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the Archive Search not available to non-paying members?
View Quote

Archive access is only available to Team Members -- per the store, anyway.  That may have changed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I did not know this was a pay site, thought it was set up with adds being  shoved in front of us, Where is the sign up page, whats it cost, what does it get me????????
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did not know this was a pay site, thought it was set up with adds being  shoved in front of us, Where is the sign up page, whats it cost, what does it get me????????
View Quote

24 bucks in the arfcom store

You get archive access, team forum, BOTD HOTD, travel help, job listings, more im storage,you can get an avatar, sig line, and a few other things
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You get archive access, team forum, BOTD HOTD, travel help, job listings, more im storage,you can get an avatar, sig line, and a few other things
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Subscriptions, so you can find threads you want to keep track of or have posted in, and the green arrow that takes you to the last post you read in a thread. Both are great features.

You can find the ARFcom store by looking for the red button at the top of the page that says "online store".

ETA; paid memberships last for one year, with the exception of Lifetime Memberships.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Will i be able to use Google to search, and then see a thread from 6 months ago??
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will i be able to use Google to search, and then see a thread from 6 months ago??
View Quote

Yes, or you can search the archives and find the same thread and read it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top