Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 1:41:12 PM EDT
Where all things medical, from BOKs to IFAKs, medical pouches, contents, training, usage, etc can be discussed.

Medical is currently intermixed between Outdoors (survival) and Armory (tactical gear). You have to dig through discussions on wheat and beans, plate carriers, pellet smokers and war belts to find anything medical related.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
This is my comment in the other current medical suggestion thread:

I've been in favor of one for quite some time and have made a suggestion thread or two about it. We have some very good medical folks* on the site that could contribute.

*I don't include myself in that description. I'm just a dumb radio DJ that decided to go to med school.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't look like this is going anywhere other than as a suggestion.

At least we have a forum dedicated to shaving...................
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't look like this is going anywhere other than as a suggestion.  

At least we have a forum dedicated to shaving...................
View Quote

Another for grooming and haberdashery, and two for smoking/vaping. We haz priorities.

From a medico-legal standpoint, though, I can understand a reluctance to run a medical forum.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I would seriously appreciate one official area for all things medical, since that would make things related to that so much easier to find.

I'm currently trying to dig up stuff to improve my current medical kit, especially since I'm surprised that not too many gun owners share my philosophy of "If you know how to make holes, you should know how to patch them up too (at least patched up enough to be taken to a medical professional to do a better patch up job than you)".
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would seriously appreciate one official area for all things medical, since that would make things related to that so much easier to find.

I'm currently trying to dig up stuff to improve my current medical kit, especially since I'm surprised that not too many gun owners share my philosophy of "If you know how to make holes, you should know how to patch them up too (at least patched up enough to be taken to a medical professional to do a better patch up job than you)".
View Quote

Making holes is sexy. Plugging them isn't.

You won't sell many videos or classes based on "Dynamic Holding Pressure on a Bleeder For a Long Time."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Bringing a dead horse back to life to see if it can run.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The silver wackos and anti vaccine folks generally kill any professional enthusiasm for participating in online discussions.

I think three med forums would ease that.

Western medicine

Emt care

Quackery

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The silver wackos and anti vaccine folks generally kill any professional enthusiasm for participating in online discussions.

Western medicine
Emt care
Quackery

View Quote

The fights between us forums would be delicious.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Western medicine
Emt care
Quackery

View Quote

Maybe re worded as:
Currently practiced & accepted Evidence based in hospital medical topics
pre-hospital topics
herbal and "natural" care

id think theres just as much "liability" for giving medical advice as there is for advising people on what weapons/ammo/tactics/body armor to use for the defense of their lives. Also legal advise is here in the droves as well, everything from what people think you should do when your child is in trouble, to how to modify weapons to stay in the "gray area" of the law.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I brought this up before, but don't remember what the response was. I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe re worded as:
pre-hospital topics

id think theres just as much "liability" for giving medical advice as there is for advising people on what weapons/ammo/tactics/body armor to use for the defense of their lives. Also legal advise is here in the droves as well, everything from what people think you should do when your child is in trouble, to how to modify weapons to stay in the "gray area" of the law.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe re worded as:
pre-hospital topics

That's a better way to say it, or alternative medicine.

Quoted:
I think I brought this up before, but don't remember what the response was. I'll see if I can find it.

Whenever anyone's brought up medical forums in the past, the idea eventually fades. Because of that, I think it would be a big ask to get a single medical forum on ARFCom, let alone parsing it into several subs. Most other shooting/tactical (hate that word)/operations-oriented sites I perused in the past seem to have a single catch-all med forum, except for a few that have subs like professionalsoldiers and maybe LF (which I can't seem to navigate any more from iPad).
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where all things medical, from BOKs to IFAKs, medical pouches, contents, training, usage, etc can be discussed.

Medical is currently intermixed between Outdoors (survival) and Armory (tactical gear). You have to dig through discussions on wheat and beans, plate carriers, pellet smokers and war belts to find anything medical related.

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whenever anyone's brought up medical forums in the past, the idea eventually fades. Because of that, I think it would be a big ask to get a single medical forum on ARFCom, let alone parsing it into several subs. Most other shooting/tactical (hate that word)/operations-oriented sites I perused in the past seem to have a single catch-all med forum, except for a few that have subs like professionalsoldiers and maybe LF (which I can't seem to navigate any more from iPad).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe re worded as:
pre-hospital topics

Quoted:

I found the thread.  The general consensus was that it was likely not viable due to liability reasons, although there were no responses from staff or admin/owners so, just opinions.

I think it is viable, from a traffic volume and content standpoint, but I recognize the lack of desire to go there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Id be there a lot, the only other medical forum i found was on a zombie hunter type forum and it was........kinda a joke? LoL

Me bein a fulltime FF/Paramedic and having gone through numerous jump bag setups and have made many for other ppl, id love to have something like that on there. I think the liability argument holds no water because of my aforementioned reasoning.

Could do a test run, id moderate it even if need be.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Western medicine

Emt care

Quackery

haha, so true.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top