Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 8:47:32 PM EDT
With .300 Blackout's success, is it time for its own single thread in the Equipment Exchange?  I'd like to see a section dedicated for the caliber, would you?

I posted it initially the wrong section, but I added this comment: "Think about it. There are no less than 7 forums dedicated to the AR series. There are no less than 6 calibers that the AR can chamber. Anyone seeking to try out the .300 Blackout by purchasing items through the EE, you'll run into a quagmire of items, and the search function doesn't help much. Hell, I'd be happy with one WTS forum dedicated to calibers other than .223/5.56. I know many of the parts and accessories between .300 & 5.56 are interchangeable, but the caliber specific parts are often not even listed in the topic headers.

I'm not trying to convolute things, just make it easier to sort them all. Like I said just one thread with specific parts not chambered in 5.56."

Another "member mentioned this in his response: "I would like a subsection for now 223/308 AR calibers ". While another just said "No".

Here is a link posted in the wrong forum. Link
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
With .300 Blackout's success, is it time for its own single thread in the Equipment Exchange?  I'd like to see a section dedicated for the caliber, would you?

I posted it initially the wrong section, but I added this comment: "Think about it. There are no less than 7 forums dedicated to the AR series. There are no less than 6 calibers that the AR can chamber. Anyone seeking to try out the .300 Blackout by purchasing items through the EE, you'll run into a quagmire of items, and the search function doesn't help much. Hell, I'd be happy with one WTS forum dedicated to calibers other than .223/5.56. I know many of the parts and accessories between .300 & 5.56 are interchangeable, but the caliber specific parts are often not even listed in the topic headers.

I'm not trying to convolute things, just make it easier to sort them all. Like I said just one thread with specific parts not chambered in 5.56."

Another "member mentioned this in his response: "I would like a subsection for now 223/308 AR calibers ". While another just said "No".

Here is a link posted in the wrong forum. Link
View Quote

A subsection for variant small frame AR's would be a good thing.  I think 308 type AR's are fine in the section they have already.  A spot that has 5.45, 6.8, 6.5 G and 300 black would be a decent deal.  You are correct in saying there is a lot to wade through in the other sections and most people can't name threads to help themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top